Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves >

Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves

Notices

Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves

Old 09-08-2015, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies! So the kids are back in school and we are officially back into a routine....now just to get my own sh!& together

Libby - Blah! Sorry to hear we're in the same damn boat girl! Let's hope we can get into the same boat that is sailing down Weightloss River! We did it before, we can do it again! Right?!!?

Lisa - Men! Definitely about counting calories! And like you said, exercise only helps to speed the process but its certainly not all we can do. Now to put that theory to the test since I can't do much in the way of exercise right now!

Vicki - Awesome job kicking the 260's to the curb!!! Onto a new decade for you!

Hope - Tuesday is the new Monday.....since I kinda sucked today, I'll have to say Wednesday is the new Monday! LOL! I'm so with you...going to the movies = buttered popcorn for me! Luckily I don't go to the movies very often!

Have a great night ladies!
Old 09-08-2015, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I don't know what I'd do without a computer for 4 days. lol I'd feel like I was stranded on a desert island. glad you are back with us.

Hi, Debbie! Time to start fresh whether it's Tuesday, Wednesday, really a Monday, back to school day...everyday is a chance for a new start.

I just have to say that I ate terribly today. I made some bad decisions. However, I did have a delicious and nutritious dinner that I thought I'd share with you all. If anyone thinks they want the full recipe, let me know. It was a chicken bacon sweet corn salad on a pita bread. The chicken salad had (of course) chicken, 6 strips of bacon (so 1 strip per person, serves 6), corn, greek yogurt, a little mayo, a little dijon, some green onions, paprika, salt & pepper and I think that was it. It was very delicious and 1/6th of the batch on a 1/2 piece of pita bread was only 297 calories! I was pretty happy about that. It could be enhanced even more with lettuce, tomato and some thinly sliced red onion. Yum-o!

A great choice I made was an atkins with milk. You all know how much I love that! It was just what I needed, cold, chocolatey, very filling and satisfying. Kept me out of the fridge and pantry for a while.

I realize I made some bad choices, but I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't go over my calorie goal as much as I thought I did. So, I've still got work to do, but I'm a work in progress and I go one hour at a time.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

I am struggling with eating less. When I am finished I feel as if something is missing. I will get used to it eventually and it will become the new normal.
Today I am doing laundry from the week end and trying to clean up the mess in the kitchen. The bathroom needs some attention too. Fall activities are starting up again so I need to manage my time better to get things done.
Such is life. Only two days till weigh in.

My son won another race on Saturday and we were able to go and watch him.
He said that he put extra effort into his bike and run because we were there.
I like his thinking and example to me to give it all I've got to accomplish my goals too. Love to my son.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, sometimes our kids have great lessons to teach us, don't they? I hear you on feeling as if something is missing. I'm trying to reach a new normal right along with you.

I had a MAJOR win today. I had to get gas and went to the circle k. What do they have at circle k? 44 oz sodas! And snacks. I was really thinking powdered doughnuts. So guess what happened...I got gas without going inside! I had to really fight my thoughts, but I WON!!! woot woot!!!

I also was in the pantry and put down the granola bars, passed on the poptarts and slim jims, didn't open the Cheez-Its or Ritz. I also closed the freezer on the pizza rolls and breaded cheese sticks. Admission (hanging head low) I had some nacho chips. But that was only one bad choice today out of a long list of hard decisions, so I think I'm doing fabulous today.

(Gives self pat on back.)
Old 09-09-2015, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Lisa avoiding all those temptations. My tough time is the evening
sitting in front of the TV. DH likes to snack on junk. I some times have to leave the room and go read in bed. There is no eating in bed so it is a safe zone.
Debbie, come and join us on Friday weigh in?
I predict a one pound weigh loss this week.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies I had a good day food wise today...but didn't get in any exercise. I guess I need to just get on the bike...it's about the only thing I think I can do right now with my foot the way it is. On another note, I read an article today regarding the possible relation between poor sleep quality and low vitamin D. I don't spend much time outside...I'm so sensitive to the sunlight so I really do avoid it. It would make sense that I'm low in Vitamin D, so I'm going to give it a shot and see if that helps with the insomnia and poor sleep quality I've suffered from for literally years!

Lisa - Great willpower today!!! Keep it up girl!! Hope your evening goes well...I know you struggle sometimes when you're up late.

Libby - I know I should join you on the Friday weigh in....I just don't know if I can actually put my weight down in black and white....I feel sick that I let myself 10 pounds past my original high weight. Guess I should just suck it up and start posting again and hold myself accountable. Thanks for the invite buddy

Have a great night all!
Old 09-09-2015, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

OK, ladies, this is my rant for the day: Sept 9 is my DH's birthday and I've been working really hard to get my weight down. I wanted to be to what I weighed 10 years ago when we married for our anniversary but I missed it by a few pounds. So I was working to get to that weight for his birthday. Well, I made it--in fact, I weigh less that I did when we married! Tonight while we were getting ready to go out to eat for his birthday, I told him that while I wasn't able to get to my wedding weight for our 10 yr anniversary, I had made it for his birthday and now I weighed less than I did when we married. I thought he would be happy for all the effort I've put in and glad that I was healthier and able to be more present in our marriage, but he wasn't! In fact, his snarky comment was, "Well, it took you 10 years to do it!" I was shocked and hurt and I told him, "Hey, that's mean!" He just shrugged his shoulders, rolled his eyes and walked off. I almost cried. The very nerve of him! MEN! Vicki
Old 09-09-2015, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, Vicki! My heart just broke a little for you. Men suck. They have no clue what it takes to accomplish something like that, and they have no clue on how to appropriately respond. Keep your chin up. And I think you should have a little discussion on exactly what affect his reaction had on you and your spirit.

Ladies! I had another EPIC win tonight for dinner. I made pre-packaged chicken flavored Knorr noodles for dinner. I was struggling with myself because I knew I shouldn't eat a whole bunch of pasta, especially processed like it is. My older daughter was on her way out the door and stopped to talk about dinner. She said she didn't really want pasta because she just got her period and was feeling really bloated and heavy. So, I had a great idea. I looked in the fridge and pantry and put together a healthy, nutritious, delicious, lighter(!) dinner for me and her. I came up with baby spinach with flaked tuna (packed in water of course, drained), tomatoes, parmesan, & dressing. I splurged a little on the dressing, I'll admit. But I had a great big salad for the bulk of my dinner and a tiny little bit of pasta just to have a few bites taste. It was sooo delicious. I was still feeling hungry, but now that I've sat for a bit the "fullness" feeling has started to set in. I'm on a roll today!!!

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 09-09-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Last night was one of those nights I had to go to bed early. DH was snacking on cookies and I didn't want to join him. He says things about my weight and to him it's just advice. So in his mind if I am offended I am taking it the wrong way. Men, can't live without em, can't kill em.

Debbie, I put down my highest weight on Friday weigh-in. Be brave. It will just make your loss results look better. (the power of positive thinking)

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I had planned. My calories were good and I am getting used to eating less. The weather has really cooled down and I was thinking about getting my knitting out. I need things to keep my hands busy and not compatible with snacking. Today I am cleaning up my sewing projects from the dinning room and only leaving out one thing to work on instead of multiple projects that don't get done. I need to declutter my life. It's a new day and I am feeling good.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

The restaurant where we ate last night has a wonderful sugar-free version of cheesecake which I adore, but since I was feeling so upset, I didn't order it--I didn't want to 'eat' my feelings or find solace in it's creamy richness--which I have done so many times at heavier weights. I also ordered salad and poached catfish with steamed veggies for my entree. I did eat 3 of the fried green beans and one hushpuppie which I thoroughly enjoyed!

I'm trying to remember that whatever happens getting off track with my goals hurts no one but me. Life goes on, disagreements happen and problems will crop up at whatever weight I am and I have to learn to handle all of it--both the good and the not-so-good. I really believe that improved health will help me cope with whatever life brings my way! Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.