Notices

Motivation 8/24-8/30 Let's have a strong week!

Old 08-24-2015, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation 8/24-8/30 Let's have a strong week!

Last week went kind of silent towards the end. Where is everyone? I hope we can all show up, show support, and show how it's done this week. Let's knock it out of the park!

I, for one, am ready to turn a new page. I have my favorite atkins shakes in the fridge nice and chilled and ready to go. I also made a big batch of apple cinnamon refrigerator oats (ingredients: low fat vanilla yogurt, milk, applesauce, splash of vanilla, chia seeds, rolled oats, cinnamon, honey. If you want the recipe let me know. keeps in airtight container and served cold, makes a wonderfully flavored yogurt oatmeal) I also stocked the pantry with Sprite zero, which is the lesser of the soda evils. I need to get away from sugared sodas again.

I have some good dinners planned this week. Pork tenderloin w/ potatoes & carrots, a chicken & summer veggie casserole, a honey mustard chicken recipe that I've never tried before, Hawaiian chicken....yummy things will be happening. Some of these might be a little higher in calories because of the honey or starches or whatever it may be, but I still adamantly believe all things in moderation. I'll just have to learn to take smaller, more normal portions. I forgot...tonight I will be having pie. Maybe even 2 slices (1 of each kind). It's my dh's birthday and he requested pie.

I'm looking forward to having a good week. I hope you all will be on board with me. Happy Monday! Let's get this party started!
Old 08-24-2015, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here with you! I need to be. I just keep gaining weight and it's got to stop. I'm setting specific goals. I might also have to start planning meals again, preparing like you have, Lisa. Plus PORTION CONTROL. I have got to get this appetite under control.

It did get silent towards the end but I want to hang in there. Anyone want to join us? Let's have a strong week! I'm ready!!!!!!

1) lemon water in the a.m. (filling)
2) don't wait too long to eat (makes me eat more)
3) no sugar
4) no dairy (other than goat's milk yogurt)
5) no tomatoes (allergic)
6) stretch
7) meditate
8) 6 glasses of water (surely I can do that to start)

Last edited by canary52; 08-24-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
Breakfast
lemon water
oatmeal
fruit
Lunch
salad with chicken ( 3-4 oz.) and pecans
fruit
Dinner
fish or steak (5-6 oz) with veg
Snacks:
hard boiled egg
hummus with carrot sticks
nuts ( 12-13)
Old 08-24-2015, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Hope! I'm glad you're here. It looks like a really good menu plan you've got for today. I can feel the frustration in your words, and I know where you're at. I just turned the corner myself from the position you are in now. We got this, though. I'm here to support you...you can do this!!!!!!!!

I've been up all night (now 8:15am) and I can happily say that I didn't snack and stuff my face throughout the night. I suffer from insomnia regularly, and usually I end up in the pantry scrounging for food. I had one snack at about 11:00, and then nothing until now (8:15am). I'm having apple cinnamon refrigerator oats. They're really good but I need to add another Tbsp or 2 to the mix to thicken it up a little more.

I'm a little bit on the opposite end of the spectrum since I found my motivation. I'm not eating frequently enough. I'm so afraid of eating too much or not being able to stop that I find myself hungry but avoiding eating. I've been eating 2x/day at most (one light, one regular) and I know it's going to backfire on me. I wanted to skip breakfast even though I was hungry, but I'm making myself eat the oats I made.

When I don't eat I also have a host of other problems arise...headaches, dizziness, nausea, etc. I just need to find the balance between the two extremes.

I hope everyone else chimes in and joins me and Hope this week!
Old 08-24-2015, 06:51 PM
FitDay Member

It's almost midnight, I'm wide awake and it's getting close to the time of day where I usually lose control. I had some good points and some shaky points today. I started off well with refrigerator oats for breakfast and an atkins shake w/ milk for lunch. then we were out all afternoon at appointments, I was going on 1.5 hrs of sleep in the past 24 hrs, and I was craving a pick me up. In between appointments I got a soda and 2 cookies from mcd's. Although I did only end up drinking 1/2 the soda. For dinner I had a small portion of chicken (plain) and a scoop of chicken rice-a-roni. We did not dig into the pie as planned. So I think overall my calories were within range.

Hope, how are you doing today? Are you hanging in there and managing your plan? Did you run into any obstacles?

Lily, welcome! I hope you keep stopping by and join in on the group.

I hope everyone else decides to join us.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

I guess I need to join in. I'm starting off with some easy goals, I hope I can stick to them.

5 bottles of water per day
2 fruits/veggies per day
Old 08-25-2015, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Hi, Hope! I'm glad you're here. It looks like a really good menu plan you've got for today. I can feel the frustration in your words, and I know where you're at. I just turned the corner myself from the position you are in now. We got this, though. I'm here to support you...you can do this!!!!!!!!

I've been up all night (now 8:15am) and I can happily say that I didn't snack and stuff my face throughout the night. I suffer from insomnia regularly, and usually I end up in the pantry scrounging for food. I had one snack at about 11:00, and then nothing until now (8:15am). I'm having apple cinnamon refrigerator oats. They're really good but I need to add another Tbsp or 2 to the mix to thicken it up a little more.

I'm a little bit on the opposite end of the spectrum since I found my motivation. I'm not eating frequently enough. I'm so afraid of eating too much or not being able to stop that I find myself hungry but avoiding eating. I've been eating 2x/day at most (one light, one regular) and I know it's going to backfire on me. I wanted to skip breakfast even though I was hungry, but I'm making myself eat the oats I made.

When I don't eat I also have a host of other problems arise...headaches, dizziness, nausea, etc. I just need to find the balance between the two extremes.

I hope everyone else chimes in and joins me and Hope this week!
Thank you for your support! I'm glad to be here. And yes I am frustrated. But I already lost 1.4 lbs so I hope to keep with that and not go the other way as I keep doing. I didn't stick quite with the plan but having a plan helped so I am doing it again.
I also suffer from insomnia but I try not to eat at night. I find I lose more weight if I don't eat past 8:30 or 9 but you must do what works for you. On the other hand, when I sleep poorly or not much (like last night) I tend to eat more. I call it "eating my fatigue."
As for going the other way and not eating enough, I think the key is balance, especially if you feel crappy when you don't. I can't not eat. I get sick, my stomach aches, I get spacey, etc. And I actually lose more weight when I eat more of the "right stuff."
The refrigerator oats sound interesting.

Last edited by canary52; 08-25-2015 at 02:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, you're here!!! Yay!!!!! What do you mean you guess you're in? You're in, buddy. New Orleans in the house. Yeah, let's get this party started now.
Good simple goals BTW ( I won't even hassle you over only 2 fruits and veg, not yet) whereas I have written the War and Peace of goals.

Welcome, Lily. Yes bacon and canned soup both of which I love (heavy sigh) have tons of sodium. I love tomatoes; I'm allergic (heavier sigh.) I am trying to ditch the wheat and gluten ( except for oats altho I also have gluten free oatmeal) and see if it helps with weight loss and health.

Last edited by canary52; 08-25-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

1) lemon water in the a.m. (filling) - yes
2) don't wait too long to eat (makes me eat more) - ummmm
3) no sugar - yes
4) no dairy (other than goat's milk yogurt) -yes
5) no tomatoes (allergic) -yes (I ate some sugar free mayo on a bunless burger)
6) stretch - yes a lot
7) meditate - during acupuncture
8) 6 glasses of water (surely I can do that to start) -yes
Old 08-25-2015, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Plan
Breakfast
lemon water -yes
oatmeal -no one egg, one egg white
fruit - some cantaloupe
Lunch
salad with chicken ( 3-4 oz.) and pecans - no burger with no bun, cucumbers
fruit
Dinner
fish or steak (5-6 oz) with veg, fish and steak with veg
Snacks:
hard boiled egg - no
hummus with carrot sticks- no
nuts ( 12-13) yes figs and rice crackers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.