Notices

Motivation, Anyone? Starting 8/10/15

Old 08-12-2015, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Stand up comedy??? Hope, that's AWESOME!!! I LOVE stand up. If your postings here on Fitday are any indication of your writing, I'd be willing to bet you DID kill it .

Have you watched any of this season's Last Comic Standing? Maybe we'll see you up there next year!
Thank you!!! I love standup too. I haven't watched Last Comic Standing in a while. But I should (so I can steal their stuff- only kidding!) Actually I was working on a joke about how when I used to go out to bars with friends I was Last Woman Chosen. But of course, the joke is dated. Now people get to meet sociopaths online instead of in bars. I actually am working on a routine about online dating, haven't worked it out yet. It's fun to write standup and I enjoyed being up there but I don't expect a spot on Comedy Central! Yet... Meanwhile I have to work on not being last person at the table still eating.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Despite my resistance, I need to
1) dump sugar
2) stop eating bread
3) avoid faux food
4) stretch
5) meditate

And once I get back into some semblance of shape, start walking again. Or maybe go on teeny tiny walks.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

I would like to rejoin! Nice to see you ladies here! I'll have to catch up a little later with all that's been said so far, but I saw this and wanted to pop in. I'm almost back up to my all time high. I had to buy a bigger size pants. A hole ripped in my belly seam in one of my other pair, so I guess that's a wake up call. I'm just having a hard time getting back on track. I hope that by posting and getting involved with you all again I will get back into the groove. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 08-12-2015, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
I would like to rejoin! Nice to see you ladies here! I'll have to catch up a little later with all that's been said so far, but I saw this and wanted to pop in. I'm almost back up to my all time high. I had to buy a bigger size pants. A hole ripped in my belly seam in one of my other pair, so I guess that's a wake up call. I'm just having a hard time getting back on track. I hope that by posting and getting involved with you all again I will get back into the groove. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Welcome back! You'll get back on track. We'll all help whip each other into shape. Where is Mern and her whip? Don't get nervous. That used to be a joke for Mike. Mike, where y'at?

Lisa, glad you're joining us.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

It's getting so bad that I posted in the wrong place. I was stuck somewhere back in June.

This is what I had to say for my re-entry:

Sorry I disappeared. I thought I was having too much fun but then life has thrown me a couple of curve balls.

Fun: I went to Nakusp Medieval Days and had a great time. It was hot, no shade to speak of, and the walking was... let's just say that my ankles were sore from the distance I travelled on foot for simple things like bathroom (porta potty) breaks and water for cooking. Thankfully we were next door to the showers.

Horseback riding is going well. I used to peel myself off the horse, but now I get off with ease. I think the trainer said something about bareback tonight. Ugh!

Curve Ball: My mom has breast cancer, so I will be dropping everything to take her to appointments and surgery. She lives 2 1/2 hours from the hospital. This will change a lot for an indefinite amount of time. Lots of driving, perhaps lots of take out while in strange towns.

One last curve ball, but I refuse to allow this one to change my life. My brother called me from a correctional institute. I let it go when his minute ran out.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone

Just sneaking on while working

Doing well today, and did well yesterday.
Let's keep chugging along
Old 08-12-2015, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, Annette, a lot going on. So sorry about your mom and your brother. I hope both situations work out for the best. Maybe when you take your mom, you can pack some food, which might also help keep you going strong.

You are coming up against tough challenges but it sounds like you have a lot going for you both in attitude and activities. You can vent to me, if it helps.

Bea, it is good to see you. Chugging along is a good way to put it.

I, on the other hand, am eating everything in sight ( and some stuff I tried to hide from myself.) Not sure what is up with my appetite.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

Annette, so sorry to hear about your mom and the stress of your brother's call. Hope had a good suggestion for you in packing foods to take on your hospital trips. At least some healthy snacks full of protein for bursts of energy would be helpful.

Hope, how absolutely fun for you to do a stand up routine! That takes bravery and confidence for sure! Glad you enjoyed it and want to try it again.

Bea, glad you survived the torture at the gym! good for you for going.

Cargram, there is nothing more motivating than a serious health issue. We'll be here to support you in losing that last 20 lbs.

Ok, as for me, well I am not back on track just yet. For the first time in quite a while I wanted a chocolate shake, so I went to get ice cream for everyone. My oldest daughter asked me to go to Thrive and get her an acai sorbet bowl (comes with fruit toppings, granola and honey on acai berry sorbet). It was my first time being there and when I walked in I almost choked. When I got home I asked her, "Did you notice the smell when you were there?" She said no, what smell. I said, "I don't know. It was spicy and kind of pungent. I don't know how to describe it but it made my throat scratch when breathing in the air." She said, "That's the smell of health." lol smart ass.

Had the shake, was very anticlimactic. From past experience I know I get more satisfaction when drinking my Atkins shakes with milk, but I still have a hard time making that choice.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

It's taken 4 days to get my sleep schedule readjusted to:
Pre-Dawn's Ass Crack! (Where is Mike?)
It's 4:42 AM here, and I am waiting on my coffee to finish so I can have coffee, and go to the gym (which opens at 6:00). I want to get back into 6:00 AM gym times, and I'm here! I consider that success!

Have a good day everyone, I'll post back if I live through this
Old 08-13-2015, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

I spent an hour at the gym and left about 2lbs of sweat on the floor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.