Motivation 9/21-9/27 Keep building on what you're doing right >

Motivation 9/21-9/27 Keep building on what you're doing right

Community
Notices

Motivation 9/21-9/27 Keep building on what you're doing right

Old 09-21-2015, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation 9/21-9/27 Keep building on what you're doing right

Last week we all set some good goals for ourselves. Let's keep it going this week and build on what we're doing right, and try to diminish the things that aren't working for us.

I failed at exercising to my videos at least once. I'm still terrified of putting my back out again, and I'm coming off a knee injury that isn't completely healed. I know it sounds like nothing more than excuses, but I don't want to be in pain from injuries...it's a true fear of mine. I'll keep working on it this week. Another thing I'm going to keep working on is limiting my full sugared soda intake. I don't know what happened to Coke's recipe from last week to this week, or if the Walmart got a bad bunch, but it tastes different, and not in a good way. all 3 bottles I bought had a weird taste, which is good because I didn't drink them. I still had (and shared) a few fountain sodas from Circle K.

Here are my goals in a nutshell:
1. Limit full calorie soda intake
2. Do an exercise video at least once
3. Drink Atkin's shakes with milk daily

How do you feel you did last week? What goals will you keep, modify or add?

Happy Monday. Let's do this!
Old 09-21-2015, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning! I made it through the entire week without giving up on my goals. That's the first time in a long time.

1) drink 100 oz water a day
2) check in and touch base with everyone here
3) 2 RAKs (random acts of kindness)
Old 09-21-2015, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Goals? What goals lol? Well that was last week and this is now. Ok despite the fact that there is a major holiday (Yom Kippor) in the middle of this week, I will:
1) Eat better
2) Get back to work
3) 3 RAKs ( I already did one)

I am following the three goal pattern here and borrowing one of Mike's. RAK more doable for me than 100 oz of water.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

I stood on the scale at home this morning and it actually registered a weight.

Sadly I have undone much of my hard work over the past year.

So my goals for today and for the next 12 days, in order of importance:

1) Housework until I drop because only the bare necessities were done while I was away.
2) Paper work so that all my usual duties can be kept up in my next absence.

3) Stay away from the cheese (already failed on this today, but I am not yet broken)

4) Daily walk
Old 09-21-2015, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Goals? What goals lol? Well that was last week and this is now. Ok despite the fact that there is a major holiday (Yom Kippor) in the middle of this week, I will:
1) Eat better
2) Get back to work
3) 3 RAKs ( I already did one)

I am following the three goal pattern here and borrowing one of Mike's. RAK more doable for me than 100 oz of water.
You can do 100 oz water! Are y'all coming down for Mardi Gras?
Old 09-21-2015, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

I've had an ok day. a little bit of soda, maybe 8 oz, the rest today has been diet soda. I had a little bit of ramen noodles with egg in it for dinner, but it wasn't enough to fill me for a full meal. I'll be having my atkins with milk in a little while. I'm still recovering from my bad food day yesterday, and I just feel blobbish. ick.

hi Hope! nice to see you!

Annette, good solid goals for your week.

Mike, you certainly didn't give up on your goals last week...you knocked them out of the park! You know you can keep it up, so here's to a good week for you.

What types of things are on your menu for the week?
Old 09-21-2015, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
You can do 100 oz water! Are y'all coming down for Mardi Gras?
Are you kidding? I can barely do 32 oz of water!!! DH and DD make fun of my "tiny sips." Just cause I don't guzzle. Speaking of guzzling, (like the segue?) I would LOVE to come for Mardi Gras again. It was soooooo much fun. (And sooo much money for a place lol, the price gouging bastids, pardon my French.) Probably won't make it for that time but DH is telling me HE is going to NOLA this winter if I'd like to join him. Got some good news, will be in touch soon.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Annette, I too am trying to break the cheese habit. So hard, I love cheese.

Hi Lisa, the blobbish feeling will pass. I have been craving soda and am drinking home made iced tea with stevia instead. Not bad.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Morning, folks! Some of my goals for the week are to:
1. Keep up with PT exercises for my knee and pay attention to my pain signals.
2. Keep fluid intake at least 80 oz per day, protein 110 gm daily and fat 50-55 grams per day--according to my nutritionist, I've not been getting quite enough fat in my diet and it could exacerbate my OA--who knew?

Gotta grab my walking cane and run (very carefully!) some errands today--pick up meds, pay some bills--all the stuff that runs our lives! I might even hit a movie while I'm out! Vicki
Old 09-22-2015, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, your fears are genuine. Maybe you could do something that doesn't involve too much use with the knees, or drop it down a notch until the knee is better?

Mike, you are an inspiration with your meticulous tracking of goals.

Hope, what don't you like about water? Maybe we can help you come up with calorie free or lighter options for getting in there?

Annette, ((hugs.)) I'll trade ya likes, I hate cheese, I love chocolate, so my hubby got me addicted to expensive dark chocolate for its healthier qualities. He knows I'm too cheap to buy it all the time, LOL!

Vicki, dang, that's a lot of protein! LOL! Hope ya catch your movie.

My goals
1) check in daily (as sucky wifi permits)
2) track my food on paper (sucky wifi - see above)
3) working the cranky treadmillI despite the audience.
4) keep up water.

So maybe someone can explain the whole protein thing to me. I was vegetarian for a while and the concept of eating that much protein eludes me. I can't do dairy for health reasons (hate cheese, can't do yogurt, etc if it's related to a cow I avoid it) love beans, eat meat but not that much.

DH has left us for the week and will return later, so I sent him on a mission to find out what equipment our clubhouse has at home, hoping he'll send photos. Oldest DD has expressed an interest in weight training so she can carry horse equipment and if she's gonna go for it, I might as well tag along and maybe hire a PT who works with teens so she does it right. My treadmill at home is fab, but some strength stuff would be good!

I have to fend for myself this week with food, lol, my hubby cooks way better than I do and now that Monday is out of the way no more bad food choices. I think we'll be making tacos with ground turkey for dinner (at least I know the girls will eat that, and there are veggies involved, maybe mine can be a salad instead.)

Planning to hit the stairs and treadmill all week, but the littlest will protest about the 14 floors, so unless I can convince the oldest to ride with her, the stairs maybe tough to accomplish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.