Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 22 - 29 : Still Plugging Along >

Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 22 - 29 : Still Plugging Along

Notices

Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 22 - 29 : Still Plugging Along

Old 06-21-2015, 07:37 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 22 - 29 : Still Plugging Along

Epi creates the new thread for all of us every week...
So I thought this week I'd relieve her of the task....

Girls....the 4th of July is on the way!
What are we doing to get in shape to take our country back from the British?!?!?!

I think Exercise tips and tricks will be what I post this week..
I've been toning a bit each day...
Yesterday was abs...Woot!

What's your favourite kind of exercise?
A walk in the woods?
A jog down the street?
Perhaps housework or yard work?
Cycling...or just muscle toning?
Let us all know!

Good luck and keep happy and healthy!
Jenn
Old 06-21-2015, 07:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weekend Woe's and Woahs!

My weekend in a woe's and woah's format....

Woe....I ate things that I wouldn't normally eat. For Example: Sherbert...bad naughty me...I mean A LOT of sherbert...Baskin Robbin's can kiss my patootie! No more of that....

Now good stuff!

Woah! Lookie here! I lost back that weight I gained! How did that happen you ask?
I walked around the mall...I exercised in my pj's...I set the alarm on my phone whilst I was knitting...and got up and walked around my apartment (which is the size of a medium sized American home, three times...room to room before I'd let myself knit another row....

I did knit this weekend...and I dyed and spun wool (Blue Faced Leicster from a Yorkshire farm). I dyed it in a braid....and in pink...just lovely and spinning up lovely..it will be on my blog this week added to my Wednesday post if you want to see it.
Spinning is where it's at if you want to tone your arms...I use a drop spindle and gosh my arms ached when I was done! But I benefited in two way's one I had some lovely fingering weight wool to knit some fingerless mittens with and two my arms are loooooooouuuukeeeeeeennnnggg good Lucy! hahaha

Anyway what have all of you been up too this past Father's day weekend?

I hope you're all healthy and happy!
Jenn
Old 06-22-2015, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much, Jenn, for getting the thread started!

I like your format -- Woe and Whoa! Cute!

Woot woot for you re-losing the weight! Well, guess what -- I found it! Gained 2 pounds since yesterday morning. I'm assuming you don't want it back ?

We had Chinese food for Father's Day and I went to town on it. Pulled all the stops, eat until I was stuffed. Talk about a sodium and carb overload!!! I estimate I put away at least 4000mg of sodium, which is more than 3x my usual day. Oh man, was it ever GOOD!!! Yum! But I suspect that's where the 2 pounds came from.

As far as exercise, I really don't do much right now. I'm concentrating mostly on "diet", but using the word "diet" to mean a longterm eating lifestyle, not just a temporary reduction in calories. Thus, I've been working on daily food composition. I've been concentrating on nutrients and macros. Virtually no junk food or junky foods, although I do allow some, because we all need little splurges. See the Chinese food paragraph above.

For me, experience with exercise has shown it doesn't work on me for weight loss, and right now, I'm trying to concentrate mostly on weight loss. More importantly, I'm one of those rare people who feel worse after exercise. Far worse. Most people get an endorphin rush. Not me. I feel like a wrung-out, ratty dishrag. It's awful.

Because of that feeling, exercise has too much recovery time for me. A half hour of aerobics, for example, leaves me feeling awful for a good 3 hours. Not worth the effort.

Exercise has benefits, of course, and I hope to incorporate more exercise into my life in the future. Perhaps once I hit the 25s in BMI.

Things I really enjoy include golf, yoga and water aerobics. I hate to be sweaty .
Old 06-22-2015, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

I ate pizza because I was home late from the doctor.
It isn't my fault that the doctor was running behind and I had a birthday party to attend after.
I ate two pieces of birthday/Father's Day cake.
My husband will only be 68 once and I promise not to eat another piece of his birthday cake until he turns 69.
The bad news is that my son's birthday is on Friday. We are having lasagna and birthday cake with ice-cream.

Today... Monday... Baby sitting. I have just endured 3 hours of tired cranky one year-old combined with jealous whiney 3 year-old. I put them both in an old stiff stroller (doesn't turn on a dime like the new ones) and walked down the road. It felt like uphill both ways. A little later I tried strapping them into the van and backing down the driveway, then driving back up. I can't go anywhere without car seats. Finally we settled for listening to the whining of one while singing an old Irish lullaby. Now we are watching a guy playing guitar and singing "and the cat says meow, and the dog says woof, all day."

It will be quiet for an hour and then he wakes up again.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

My fav exercise is using free weights and/or my own body weight to increase range-of-motion and strength. Had a quiet weekend--church and a beef roast with carrots and potatoes and a side of spaghetti squash, fresh blueberries for dessert.

Jenn: I can't handle Baskin-Robbins--good stuff and way too far out of my calorie range. Way to go on losing!

Epixi: Love me some Chinese food too! Love sushi more! And none of it is low carb, low sodium! I find Mediterainian recipes much easier to adapt to my food plan. At the advice of my MD, I'm not to do aerobics or anything very strenuous until I get below 250. He feels that at a higher weight, it's too easy to injure yourself. So for now, I walk, lift free weights, and exercise using my own body weight to strengthen the muscles around my joints and stretch ligaments. I feel so much more limber than when I started and have much better balance.

Annette: Love me some pizza too! I love birthday cake too! Did I mention that I love food?? LOL! I got to hold an almost-three month old little girl yesterday at church. They're so cute when they're small and QUIET, but when they get whiny, they can wear on the nerves a bit. Enjoy the birthday this weekend.

We're going out-of-state this weekend to a western-themed wedding. I'm taking some snacks that are part of my food plan--trying to be prepared! Vicki
Old 06-22-2015, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Epi You're darn right I don't want that two pounds back! hahahaha
It won't be with you long though...I had my binger and it came off within what a week?
I don't and you shouldn't despair about it...what's life without living some dietary danger from time to time i.e. Chinese Filling Father's Day!
As to exercise...Sometimes I feel like you after exercise...like the other day I just didn't want to get back up off my mat...in fact afterwards I knit for like the rest of the day.
So I can understand that feeling....
The yoga is so relaxing...you get toned...but you don't realise it.
Anyway.....I'm glad you had the Chinese...you can hand those two pounds off to whomever you deem worthy....as long as it's not me! hahaha
Hugs
Jenn

Last edited by Knittingfool65; 06-22-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

Annette Wow! I wonder how many calories one burns watching two toddlers!
It must be loads!
I'm sorry your day was stressful...it's not nice I know..

Last edited by Knittingfool65; 06-22-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Vicki!

Do you have any idea how flippin' refreshing it is to read that someone is following their dr's orders? I can't get my husband to do it for the life of me! hahaha

I use weights....I have dalps...1kilo each...I'm going to increase the weight of my weights as mine decreases...I've read somewhere you lose more fat when you're at your heaviest...because your body has to work harder? So I'm going to add 1 kilo for every 3 that I lose...Make sense?

I love Baskin Robbin's too....and I shouldn't have had it. I am ashamed of myself...and my weakness...(sob sob) Only joking...sod it! I enjoyed it...I won't do it again for 6 months so I think I can forgive myself! hahaha

I wish we could post pictures here, I mean like load them from our computers...so you could post some pictures of your Western Themed Wedding...I'd love to see those!

Speak later
Hugs
Jenn
Old 06-23-2015, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

Hey ladies! How's everyone doing?
Old 06-23-2015, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Mike! Long time, no see!

Jenn: What's a 'dalp'?

I had some fun today trying on clothes in my daughter's closet to see if she had anything I might want to wear to the wedding this weekend. Didn't find an outfit, but I did learn that her size 22s and 24s fit very well! That sure beats a 5X being tight! Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.