FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 15-21: Still Plugging Along (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/12315-motivation-accountability-thread-june-15-21-still-plugging-along.html)

rosabella2012 06-19-2015 03:03 PM

I've had so much trouble with Fitday today--every time I added a food to today's intake this morning, I'd get kicked right back to Log-in. At one point I got a pop-up saying 'The account you are trying to access has been disabled'. I knew that wasn't true, so I just gave it a rest. Five hours later I was able to get in and get my foods posted. That was so ultra frustrating!

Annette: Glad you got a med decrease and congrats on the MD report! You are one active lady and you encourage me to do more! Don't think stage fright burns calories but I totally understand. Is this your first piano recital? What was the name of the piece you played? I've played in a few myself--clarinet's so much easier than piano! I also enjoy the organ.

Jenn: Loved your blog but I don't have one. I've thought about it but haven't decided just what my focus would be. Now I see from your posts, they can include a multitude of things that interests the author! I have no idea what Skyrim is, but have fun! Congrats on the weight loss this week!
I don't have a garden--in fact, I'm not good at growing things at all! But I love to can and prepare things for the freezer. We are part of a consumer-supported agriculture group. These are farmers growing things common to our area in a responsible manner with very little waste. Through this group, we can get fresh veggies, fruits, honey from local bees, fresh eggs, milk, butter and some meat. We also have access to a meat processing plant that will process any deer that you kill-- using organic methods! The farmers even grow their own feed for the cows and chickens. They are also committed to composting or feeding to their farm animals whatever they don't sell, give away to food banks, or use themselves. We've really learned a lot about the foods we eat and it's fun!

The carrot tops didn't turn out so well, but friend told me to pick off just the leaves and put them in a smoothie like you would spinach or kale. I'll try that next time! The eggplant sauce was divine! My hubbie ate his over his fav thing--pasta, and I put mine over roasted chicken breasts. It's also great as a side dish with a little cheese.

Vicki

episode2011 06-19-2015 03:22 PM

Vicki: So sorry to hear you had trouble with Fitday. I really like this site. For food logging, it suits my style because I can list foods by item, not by meal (I rarely eat bona-fide "meals"). Additionally, I like the Reports. I haven't seen any other site that offers the Average reports, which I like best. Unfortunately, the site is incredibly finicky and temperamental. I wish it could be improved/updated for stability.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (June 15-21):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1300-1400: 1344, 1348, 1206, 1384, 1327
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3389, 3389, 3389, 3389, 3389
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1177, 1216, 1149, 1277, 1229
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 14, 15, 15, 17, 17
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 55-60g: 50, 51, 47, 53, 53
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 115-125g: 141, 140, 126, 136, 130
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 85-95: 97, 96, 82, 94, 93
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 30-40g: 37, 36, 31, 33, 32
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Finally got around to making those muffins. Started with a base of corn muffins, added in some wheat bran, flaxseed meal and protein powder and they turned out DE-LI-CIOUS! Had to stop myself from chowing down on them. Immediately wrapped (individually) and popped them into the freezer.
    • Friday: Read an article that suggests that daily weighing can be, in fact, very beneficial for those trying to lose weight. It has often been said that daily weighing discourages people because of normal fluctuations. This study calls bunk on that theory. Personally, I say you have to know how YOU react. For me, I like the daily feedback. It gives me the opportunity to nip things in the bud if needed. It helps me keep on track.
TGIF, everyone!

Knittingfool65 06-19-2015 05:24 PM

A lot I would imagine! Wooohooo on your accomplishment!

Knittingfool65 06-19-2015 05:28 PM

Hey Vicki!
Woman?!?!?!?! You just spent gosh knows how long typing a paragraph about your local coop - there's your weekly blog right there! haahhaha!
I'd read it for sure!

As to your frustration with FitDay....I can sympathise! Some days I just want to write my own program for tracking...as I get booted repeatedly.
If you go pro does this stop? I'm not going pro...but just wondered.
In fact I wouldn't pay for FitDay because the free version is a bit wonky.
Anyway that's my tech rant for the day...
Thanks for visiting the blog!
Jenn

Knittingfool65 06-19-2015 05:36 PM

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Yesterday...I gained back that two pounds plus .2
I didn't sleep night before....menopause stuff.
I ate far too much in the way of bread yesterday.
Then last night I had some sherbert...and by some a mean about a quarter of a small container.
I do hate hormone's!
So.........
Today my decision is to get back on track...
Tomorrow my decision is to be jugging my train on that track at a good pace and no losing sight of that final destination.

I've got knitting projects to organise.
I need to get things on my needles and some things off my needles.
I've also got some sewing to do this week...so instead of my daily list of 'to do's' this morning I'm planning ahead for a couple of days.

I'm already noting items for next weeks KnittingHag blog....and I've got some pictures from here in Doha to put up...so if you get a moment have a gander...I'll be posting every Wednesday...
I've got a really good idea for some special monthly give away's I'm planning to start in September which will run right through the Christmas holiday's...so keep an eye out for them too!
They won't be just knitting related...they'll also be literary and health related.

Anyway...my mood swings are back so I'm going to stop here as I'm starting to feel weepy again...LOL! :rolleyes:

I hope you're all happy and healthy! :)
Hugs
Jenn

rosabella2012 06-20-2015 01:38 AM

I'm about ready to get off work--it's been a very busy night at the counseling center. Next will come some grub and then a visit to the Land of Nod!

I really like all that Fitday offers--never tried the paid version, so I don't know if it would work any better or not. That is an idea though.

Jenn, so sorry for the weight gain. I know how frustrating that can be. Dealing with hormone-driven cravings/emotions makes life so complicated! Make a plan and stick with it--the weight will soon change! Vicki

Knittingfool65 06-20-2015 04:45 PM

Hi Vicki

I think so re: plan....
Sticking with it might be a struggle...
But on the bright side my tooth is being pulled on Thursday so back to sugar free jello for a few days! hahaha
I know it will be okay...
I think I have more pity party's for myself when those hormone's start rolling! Such nonsense!
Best
Jenn