FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 1-7: New Month, Fresh Start! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/12241-motivation-accountability-thread-june-1-7-new-month-fresh-start.html)

episode2011 06-01-2015 07:01 AM

Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 1-7: New Month, Fresh Start!

Here we go, folks: a new week and a new month. Let's see how much activity we can generate!

episode2011 06-01-2015 07:17 AM

My Strategy for the Week (June 1-7):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1300-1400: <---*NEW* (lower by ~100)
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses):
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400:
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 125-135g: <--- no change; need to keep carbs fairly high in order to meet fiber goal
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 90-100: <--- slightly lower
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 30-40g: <---slightly lower
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
Sadly, although I've been mostly faithful to my plan, I'm not seeing scale results. I honestly think there's something wrong with me (but obviously I'm not concerned enough to go get it checked out :D). Seriously, though there's got to be some reason why my body simply refuses to relinquish pounds.

Is this body destined to be roly-poly? To be squishy? Have I no say in this? Is it truly out of my control? If that's the case, then, heck, why bother with all this "healthy" eating? *grumble* Oh, I know about the healthy bits. Blood pressure, stroke, cholesterol, diabetes. But darnit, I want to LOOK good. Yes, I'm that shallow hahaha.

ANYWAY... I'm going to lower the plan calories by a bit, since I seem to be doing mostly in the 1300s anyway. That means a few macros will probably need to be adjusted. I didn't research them yet, so I'll have to edit my strategy once I do. I think it'll only be a point or two here and there, so no major changes.

Oh how I wish I could have one good drop (3-4 pounds in a week, I'm not asking for much). That would be so satisfying.

Better still, I wish I'd just been assigned one of those "help me, I can't gain weight wahhhhh" bodies.

Ok, enough grousing. Time to get to work!

Edit: Ok, the new plan is 37/37/26, FCP, working toward 1400 cal per day. Will it work? Pffft probably not (nothing else has, why should this be different?). But it gives me the illusion that I'm being proactive.

rosabella2012 06-01-2015 03:27 PM

OK, something has to change: lost only .2 pound--at that rate, I'll be 100 before I get to where I want to be!

Had several errands to run today and I discovered a new grocery store in Baton Rouge that has Spanish/Mexican food! They had jicama! I love it and can't get it at any of my local stores. So tonight I had some crunchy jicama and a small salad with queso fresco and turkey. I love all the ethnic markets in my area! Vicki

rainbow24 06-01-2015 04:39 PM

I am suffering with a terrible sunburn. Somewhat the same color as beets on my shoulders. Needless to say I have been avoiding anything covering my shoulders, including a bra. Can't exercise unless the girls have support. I should point out that my girls are aging and a lot saggy.

Bottom line, I am not planning anything strenuous for a day or two. The best I can do is keep my diet in check.

libby135 06-03-2015 02:43 AM

Hi all. It's so quiet in here that I can hear an echo. Hello hello hello.
Annetta, I hope that your sunburn is feeling better. The time passes so quickly when you are working outside. My husband was doing outside work
with out a shirt on and he came in looking pretty red too but it didn't bother him until the evening. I use pure alo and it helps the skin to recover.
Vicki, What do you do with the jicama. I bought it before and ate it like an apple. It doesn't have any flavour. Don't worry about the .2 pound loss. It's better than a gain.
Episode, thanks for starting us off. It's a new week and a new month. I plan on making some progress this month.

episode2011 06-03-2015 05:31 AM

Vicki: You sound like such an inventive and creative cook! About all I can do with jicama is say it. I wouldn't recognize one if it smacked me in the face. I'm right there with you on the .2lb loss. It can be so frustrating when you know you're doing what you're supposed to do and the body refuses to relinquish the pounds. I'll be at least 100, too, before I'm where I want to be!

Libby: I hear you!!! (haha following up on the echo joke :D). Last week was quiet, too. I think we had a total of 12 replies, and I think 6 of 'em were me :o. I'm hoping there will be more activity this week.

Annette: with regard to the girls, that reminds me of a kid's song we used to sing. Replace the word "ears" with "girls"..

................... Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro?
................... Can you tie 'em in a knot, can you tie 'em in a bow?

It goes on from there but you get the drift :).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1300-1400: 1327, 1291
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3326, 3326
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1162, 1093
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 17, 16
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g: 56, 54
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 130-140g: 135, 135
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 90-100: 92, 88
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 30-40g: 35, 34
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
Not sure how I missed reporting Monday and Tuesday, but here they are, in all their glory. I think I'm pretty much on track. We'll see.

rainbow24 06-03-2015 05:41 AM

Yep, I get the drift.

First, the reason for my burn. Not work, but camping. Good thing I was wearing a Viking underdress and apron dress. Only my neckline bore the brunt of the sun. I also had the required headcovering on.

So Monday exercise was looking after my grandchildren for the day. I was in agony by the end of the day because they both fell asleep with their faces planted in the heat of my burn.

Tuesday I went horseback riding. I only spent about 30 minutes on the horse, but there was the 30 minute grooming session before and the manure shovel/sweep after.

Today I have sore hips. I am debating on mowing the back lawn. Hoping for rain so I can have a day of rest.

Diet wise - I have to go shopping. I had Roman Bread (leftovers from camp) and chocolate flavored honey for breakfast. Not very good, but that is all I have.

episode2011 06-03-2015 06:13 AM

Annette: My girls, too, need support. I mean NEED support. As in, if I jump up and down (hah, yeah, right... unlikely), I could *almost* smack myself in the face with 'em :p. Didn't want you to think I was talking about you :).

episode2011 06-03-2015 11:46 AM

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1300-1400: 1327, 1291, 1338
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3326, 3326, 3326
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1162, 1093, 1003
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 17, 16, 17
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g: 56, 54, 57
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 130-140g: 135, 135, 129
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 90-100: 92, 88, 98
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 30-40g: 35, 34, 35
As long as I'm here, may as well update for Wednesday's activity.

rosabella2012 06-03-2015 01:12 PM

Jicama is wonderfully crisp and crunchy, creamy white on the inside. Recipes say it can be sauteed, boiled, mashed--I prefer it straight from the fridge, chopped and either eaten raw alone or in a salad.

I found a green chili-flavored sour cream at the Mexican market--it's great on scrambled eggs with turkey bacon!

Annette: I've had sunburn a few times in my life and it's terrible. Aloe vera, cold water baths, vinegar and toothpaste are some things old folks say works--I prefer the aloe and cold compresses myself. Sure hope you feel better soon!
I've heard of many things but chocolate-flavored honey is a first! I know honey has some health benefits, but it's just too sweet for my taste.

As to the 'girls', I totally understand the need for a 'boost'!
Vicki