Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Accountability Thread, May 18-24: Time for a mid-May Jump Start! >

Motivation & Accountability Thread, May 18-24: Time for a mid-May Jump Start!

Notices

Motivation & Accountability Thread, May 18-24: Time for a mid-May Jump Start!

Old 05-18-2015, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Accountability Thread, May 18-24: Time for a mid-May Jump Start!

Get out those jumper cables, folks! Time for a mid-May start, or re-start or continuation. Whatever works for you! Let's do our best to make the best choices we can!

Ready? Set? Go!
Old 05-18-2015, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

My Strategy for the Week (May 18 - May 24):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1400-1450:
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses):
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400:
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 125-135g:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 100-110:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 35-45g:
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
Going to continue with this plan for another week or two. From what I understand, they say with macros, it may take 3-4 weeks to really get going. I just finished Week 2 (and I had the Blow-Out Weekend, which messed up all the averages ). The concept isn't terribly tough to follow (although execution is tricky), and it still makes sense to me, so no need to make any major changes.

I'm hoping this week won't be as red as last week was! That Blow-Out Weekend really shifted my numbers (but it was soooo worth it)!!!
Old 05-18-2015, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hook me up. I could use a boost. The time is slipping by and I am just spinning my wheels. It's time to get back on the road.
My weight this morning was back up to 193.3. The new summer clothes don't fit and I am bummed out. I am going to stop making excuses and get on with it. Thanks for starting us off Epi.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

Well I am losing traction here!!

I am getting so excited/nervous about my vacation, guess what I am turning to?
FOOD!! and it's not doing me any favours

I bought a BEAUTIFUL black lace dress yesterday that I want to look (not hideous) in!
It's classy and feminine and I love it! Now I want to be proud and love ME in it.

Time to right this ship!
Old 05-18-2015, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

This is it. Isn't it GORGEOUS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Lace Dress.jpg (75.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-18-2015, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

I could use jumper cables in more ways than one.
I too have a full length photo, only I am wearing Viking garb. I went to my mom's to work on sewing but the trip home turned out unfulfilling. Stuck in a town three hours away from home. The van says "Reduced Engine Power." I got in a good walk last night and will again later when the sun is lower in the sky.

Breakfast this morning was motel raisin bran with unknown fat level milk and yogurt.
For lunch I will have some fish and pea soup that I have in the tiny fridge here.
Then I will go out for dinner. If I walk up the highway there is a restaurant but the sodium counts could be higher than I like.

I have two cases of bottled water, so I'm good there.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Bea: The dress is beautiful! I especially love the lace accents. Is it lacy all over or just in the shoulders/sleeves? How will you be wearing your hair? I think an upswept do would complement the dress nicely. A very sophisticated look.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Annette: Sounds like you've got a good handle on the choices. Raisin bran, good. As for the milk, I'd probably record it as whole milk -- that way, you'll be covered for worst-case scenario. You're right that the restaurant dinner will probably be sodium-heavy. Good thing you have the water. Just wash that sodium right out!

Heh wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Epixi,

It is lace all over with a black underlay

I will:
Ditch the purple bra for a black one

Probably black hose (I despise my legs! so NEVER wear dresses, but this is just so lovely and I will be on a different continent, besides Brits are too polite to say -- that is hideous!)

I'll do something with my hair lol not sure what yet, but up in some manner

Dressing room selfies really are not very flattering
OH...and I will sausage into my spanx!
Old 05-18-2015, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Bea: The dress is lovely! I agree with the dark hose. I also agree that if not putting your hair up, think about pulling it away from your face. You've got great bone structure in your face--show it off! Speaking of Spanx, do they really work and what size do you get? Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.