FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivation & Accountability Thread 4/27-5/3. Keep Going & Never Give Up (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/12079-motivation-accountability-thread-4-27-5-3-keep-going-never-give-up.html)

AZLisaLou 04-27-2015 12:13 AM

Motivation & Accountability Thread 4/27-5/3. Keep Going & Never Give Up

Good morning all. Happy Monday. Sorry I went MIA last week. I just got sidetracked and bogged down with life stuff. I gained about 1/2 lb last week. Could have been worse. Could have been a lot better too. I'll just leave it at that.

All I can do is Keep Going & Never Give Up. I can never give up on myself. My life and being with my family is my biggest priority, and I need to remind myself of that more often than I do.

My right knee has been giving me lots of trouble. The other night while sleeping I was dreaming that I was in the ER getting my knee checked because it hurt so bad. And when I woke up...yep, it hurt so bad. I know it's because of the weight I put back on. When I'm about 20 lbs less than I am now, my knees don't hurt very often, and I can go up and down the stairs so much easier. That's one of the big signs for me that I've got to take this seriously. I will start to fall apart piece by piece starting with the knees and ending in heart failure or something tragic because of obesity.

Last week when I went to the grocery I had planned out that I was going to get stuff for spinach salads, which for me includes sunflower seeds (NOT the kind in the snack aisle). They were out of sunflower seeds. Having a salad without the seeds just doesn't sound very good. So I didn't get any salad stuff. I had no plan B. I'm hoping the sunflower seeds are back in stock when I go tomorrow.

I'll try to be better about checking in more regularly. I know it gets discouraging when not very many people show up.

Pulled another all-nighter. Had to finish a custom bag order (Marvel comics printed fabric) and I'm falling behind in watching my DBacks, so I wanted to get a game in. I record them and then I can FF through all the commercials. Makes a 3 hour game A LOT shorter!

Ok, I'll stop rambling. I'll check in more regularly.

episode2011 04-27-2015 03:07 AM

Morning, Lisa! Thanks for getting the thread started! Glad you're back! Missed you!

Sorry to hear about the knee. Knees are such finicky joints. With regard to the sunflower seeds (I've never had them -- I've got to try them. Sounds like an Explore item for me!), did you check with Customer Service? Sometimes, things aren't on the shelves but they have them in the back. They just haven't stocked them yet.

Glad to hear the bag business is still going! Yay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (April 27 - May 3):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1350-1450: <--- big bump from where I have been
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): <--- I think I was probably going overboard before (haha water? Overboard? I made a funny :D)
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400:
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: <--- Cutting myself some slack here
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 85-95g:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = greater than 100 (ultimate goal, 140-150):
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 10-15g (ultimate goal, 35-45 <--- yeah, right):
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Started incorporating macros
I'm officially switching things up! :eek: You heard it here, first!

I'm going to slowly incorporate the macro idea into my food plan. Right now, the macros don't quite add up properly, but I figure it'll take a few weeks to fully make the transition. This week, I'm setting calories as my first major challenge. Until now, I've been averaging about 1150-1200. The other major challenge for this week will be keeping carbs in the 90s while boosting fiber (gah, fiber and I so don't get along!).

This is a big gamble, and frankly, I'm a bit scared. I assume, because I'm bumping my calories up, I'll have a gain for the next couple of weeks. I understand that (even if I don't particularly like the idea). But if it doesn't turn around after that, what then? I hate the idea of losing ground I've worked so hard to win (or is it gaining ground I worked so hard to lose???).

So why am I making changes? Because the weight loss has slowed dramatically. Time to shake it up. And because, I'll admit it, I'm intrigued by the macros concept :). Wish me luck!

lildebbieg 04-27-2015 05:14 AM

Hi all https://community.secondlife.com/t5/...44068?v=mpbl-1

I'm changing things up as well this week! As usual, the calorie counting thing is driving me crazy! It's usually at this point that I feel defeated and figure I can't do this if I don't count every single thing. Well this time I'm not throwing in the towel, but I am NOT counting this week either. I'm going to keep up with the exercise I've been doing and just doing my best to eat intuitively for the week. The thing is, even when I'm tracking calories, some days I'm hungrier than others. On the days that I'm not as hungry, I'm still eating 1200 cals. So what if I eat intuitively and some days I'm eating over 1200 when I'm hungrier and other days, I fall under that. It should all balance itself out right? Anyway, that's the strategy for this week....next week could be a whole new ball game! ;)

Weekly Goals
Daily Exercise -
72 oz. water daily -
eat intuitively -

Check back in with you all later :cool:

rosabella2012 04-27-2015 05:26 AM

Hello and we begin another week. And it's really Monday! Rain, hail, wind, tornadoes, flooding, power outages, road closures, downed trees and debris abound--what a morning! But now it's clearing off and calm for the moment. Hope it stays that way for a while!

My sweet little washer's on the fritz--don't know if it could be fixed or if it's time for a new one. It's not very old--about 5-6 yrs maybe.

As much as I love my husband, he's not very affectionate. He didn't grow up with affection as a child, but he's great about showing his love by diligently working to see that bills are paid in full on time and that we have most of the things we need and some things that we just want. Yesterday he gave me a HUG--a HUG, folks! Usually all I get is a brief kiss, but yesterday I got a real HUG! WOW!

Plan on keeping water intake around 100 oz/day, protein 100-110 gms per day and fiber as high as possible from vegetable/fruit sources as much as possible. Fats, I don't worry about the amount a lot, but I do try to monitor the quality. Vitamins/minerals I track and monitor just to make sure I get the building blocks my body needs for optimum health.

Later! Vicki

lildebbieg 04-27-2015 07:01 AM

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...1lg024oops.gif

What was I thinking! Already slipped up and I'm only a few hours into intuitive eating. Stop laughing....it's not funny! :D K, take two on my goals for the week. I have a night out with the girls on Saturday and will not be holding back....which is why Saturday only shows up in part of my weekly goals.

Weekly Goals...ummmm...take 2 ;)
track food Tues-Fri & Sun:
min. 72 oz. water daily:
1200-1400 calories Tues-Fri & Sun:
80 - 100 g protein Tues-Fri & Sun:
120 - 140 g carbs Tues-Fri & Sun:
20 - 25 g fibre Tues-Fri & Sun:
exercise Mon-Sun:

AZLisaLou 04-27-2015 02:14 PM

Vicki, so glad you got a hug. They are very healing and powerful. I'm very needy with hugs...I need a lot of healing and power. lol I hope more for you to come.

Debbie and Epixi, good luck on the change ups this week.

My diet isn't on point, but I blame the bare pantry/fridge. We've been eating out a lot. I pulled another all nighter last night and only got about 2.5 hours of sleep today, so here at 7pm I'm going to go to bed. I'll probably wake up at about 2am, and I will most likely go then. No heat, no crowds. But also no check out clerks. I hate self check out with a whole cart load.

I'm exhausted. I need to go to bed. Good night world.

AZLisaLou 04-27-2015 02:18 PM

I was just editing my signature when I looked at my weights and dates. Over the past year I've had a net loss of just 11 lbs. Better than a net gain for sure, but this next 12 months I hope to do better.

It also just came to me that I use the word "hope" a lot. Hope is a good thing to have, almost a mandatory thing to have to get through life, but it still doesn't get anything done. I need to work on my way of thinking.

episode2011 04-27-2015 02:32 PM

Vicki: That's like Wizard of Oz weather all at once! Stay safe. Too bad about the washer. I hope it can be fixed! Your story about the Huggin' Husband gave me a warm fuzzy. Awwwww sweet! I'll be interested to see how you get over 100g protein consistently. I just did it for the first time today and it was hard! Keep us posted.

Debbie: A Girls' Night Out sounds divine! Incentive to stay true to your goals during the week so you can live it up with no guilt! All part of the plan, right?

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1350-1450: 1343 <--- ooo so close!
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 2904
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1570
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 18
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g: 61
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 85-95g: 106
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = greater than 100: 100
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 10-15g: 12
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
First day of Macro Mania wasn't so bad. It was actually much better than the 7-Day Averages show, given that pretty much everything is red as you can see :o. I think the hardest part going forward will be balancing low carbs with high fiber. Protein and Fat aren't too difficult for me (although getting over 100 IS a lot of protein).

I will admit, I felt a bit naughty eating more than usual in order to bump up the calories. That's going to be an adjustment, but I think I can handle it ;).

episode2011 04-27-2015 02:43 PM

Hey there, Lisa! I wasn't ignoring you in that last post -- we were obviously typing at the same time :). You're a brave one going shopping at 2am! Be careful! I hear you about eating out. It can really wreak havoc with an eating plan because there are so many variables over which you have little control. Sure, you can cut the portions down by getting a to-go container, but you can't control ingredients and whatnot. I hope (whoops, sorry I said "hope!" :p) things calm down a bit for you.

Sweet dreams :).

lildebbieg 04-28-2015 05:44 AM

I'm feeling extremely unmotivated today...blaaaahhhh :o

episode2011 04-28-2015 06:58 AM

*pokes Debbie with a (carrot) stick*

Come on, Debbie, you can do this! Just for today, right? :)

LHall1965 04-28-2015 10:39 AM

Hi all - just a quick note to say I'm still here. Took the dogs for a walk this evening so feeling very good and managed to lose most of the weight I had gained the previous week.

I feel you with the bare cupboards. That is when I do the worst. I had no time to shop the week before and we ate out a lot. I tried to make good choices, but most things are fried or sauces that are loaded with calories.

Everyone have a good week and I will check back later.

AZLisaLou 04-28-2015 11:12 AM

I'm sorry you're having a blaaaaah day, Debbie. sometimes an exercise session helps, but some days there's just nothing you can do about it but continue to feel blah. I hope a good night sleep will help you too.

Sunflower seeds were in stock at the store today. Got some of those, some spinach and ham. Will toss it together with some parmesan and Ken's Lite Creamy Caesar. Delish.

Not much going on for me today, but thought I should check in. Having car issues with overheating while idling so we have to take it in tomorrow to have it looked at and suck us more dry of money. That's all I've got going on. Hope everyone has a good night.

lildebbieg 04-28-2015 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 115823)
*pokes Debbie with a (carrot) stick*

Come on, Debbie, you can do this! Just for today, right? :)

http://th108.photobucket.com/albums/...th_poke-vi.gif

Thanks for the laugh Epixi!! Exactly what I needed :D

lildebbieg 04-28-2015 11:24 AM

Thanks for the support Lisa :) I think I'll allow myself the grace to skip my workout for today, but I will be hitting the hay early and promise to get right back at it tomorrow!

Love sunflower seeds!! Funny enough though is that things like seeds and nuts are trigger foods for me. I can't just eat a little! So yummy!

Hope the car doesn't cost too much! Such an essential thing living in North America...but very costly!

lildebbieg 04-28-2015 11:27 AM

Lynda - Maybe that's part of my motivation issues today...the fridge is rather bare and I didn't feel inspired to get creative in the kitchen. However, in the end, I made a three ingredient dinner (well 5 if you count the side of rice and zucchinni). It was so yummy and suuuuuper easy!

I made Baked Basil Chicken and here's the link if anyone is interested!

episode2011 04-28-2015 11:35 AM

Lynda: Hi there! Happy for you for losing those newly-found pounds. Always nice when that happens :).

Lisa: Glad to hear the sunflower seeds were back! I still have to get some and try them. Sorry about the car overheating. Given what you said before about the AZ heat, sounds like everything overheats out there.

Debbie: I'm no good at the motivational bits like you are (you always know the perfect saying!), so I'm glad I could at least make you crack a smile.

Not much going on here. Not ready yet to post today's food results, because I'm not sure what else I'll be eating. I will say I tried a new breath spray. Ick. Tasted like pool water.

Will be back later.

episode2011 04-28-2015 01:56 PM

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1400-1450 ((old value 1350-1450)): 1343, 1220
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 2904, 3127
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1570, 1159
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 18, 16
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 55-60g ((old value 50-60g)): 61, 55
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 95-100g ((old value 85-95g)): 106, 100
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 115-125 ((old value greater than 100)): 100, 91
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 10-15g: 12, 14
    • Tuesday: Revised macros so they're more realistic for me
    • Tuesday: Did some reading on what leads people to "overeat" (using the definition "eat more than one burns")
It's been a week since the blow-out Big Burger day, so my averages now reflect my more typical day (heh check the big sodium drop). They are still not quite meeting the macros, but at least they aren't skewed by a totally abnormal day.

The key with this whole macro thing, for me, is to help structure how the calories will be spent while keeping things reasonable. Given how things have gone for the past few days, I find it unlikely that I'd be able to maintain a habit of eating 145g of protein per day. Soooo, I've readjusted... again. It's going to take a while to get a groove going, but I'm willing to work on it. Assuming, of course, I see some results.

So, now that that's done (and since I've been on-track today), time for my Daily Decadence :). See you tomorrow!

episode2011 04-29-2015 10:09 AM

RIP Jean Nidetch (1923 - 2015)

Regardless of whether we are currently following her program or some other, we all continue to benefit from her initial concept: sharing the journey. My mother and I both joined around 1965ish (I'm not sure of the exact date, but I was still a kid). Things have certainly changed since then, but the basic concept remains strong. This thread is evidence. We're here to support, encourage, motivate and celebrate with one another. We're all in this together.

lildebbieg 04-29-2015 10:46 AM

Epixi - I hadn't heard of Jean Nidetch before, so I googled her. Her legacy will live on forever!!! I don't think Weight Watchers will even lose momentum. I fact, I was tempted to give it a try again this week! Something easier about counting points than counting calories. Once you know the points for your common foods, it's very easy to remember and easy to tally up the day in your head. RIP Jean Nidetch.

I'm happy to report that I'm back on track today. I did the workout I missed yesterday plus today's scheduled workout. I burned almost as many calories as I've eaten! I have to keep that umotivational monster at bay....he's a nasty one...or maybe not so much! ;)

http://vector-magz.com/wp-content/up...e-monster1.jpg

episode2011 04-29-2015 04:02 PM

Debbie: Whoops, I didn't realize I hadn't mentioned that Jean Nidetch was the founder of Weight Watchers. I hope she was pleased to learn that Weight Watchers scored so highly in the most recent US News and World Reports survey of commercial diet plans, 2015 (WW scored 1st place in 3 out of 8 categories). Definitely a leader in the field, even if her actual name wasn't as widely known as some of the other (Atkins, Ornish, Jenny Craig, etc.). Her work spoke (speaks) for itself.

In other news, so glad you're back on track! Kick that unmotivation monster to the curb!

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1400-1450: 1343, 1220, 1310
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 2904, 3127, 3195
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1570, 1159, 1194
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 18, 16, 17
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 55-60g: 61, 55, 58
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 95-100g: 106, 100, 117 <---YIKES!!! I had to really carbo-load today for the average to spike like that
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 115-125: 100, 91, 93
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 10-15g: 12, 14, 18 <---well, at least all those carbs gave me a fiber boost
    • Tuesday: Did some reading on what leads people to "overeat" (using the definition "eat more than one burns")
    • Wednesday: So, about that Protein Powder...
Man, there's a whole lotta red up there! And, oddly enough, I'm really not that concerned about it! Because of the transition to a new way of accounting for foods, I realize it's going to take a while, maybe a few weeks, for things to settle down. I'm *feeling* like I'm heading in the right direction, even though trying to balance all these macros is tricky. It's like some sort of bizarre jigsaw puzzle.

I hope the scale appreciates all the work I'm doing to make it happy :).

AZLisaLou 04-29-2015 05:35 PM

hi ladies, just checking. Nothing really to report on the diet front. I still struggle with myself. I still have good points and poor points. I don't know what will be the catalyst that will take me back to my sweet spot of losing weight. I've been maintaining within about a 5 lb range for over a month now. Gain 1 or 2, lose 1 or 2. I just don't feel motivated to put in the effort. I feel lazy. I'll get back there.

My car cost me $500 today. :eek: One engine fan was completely shot and the other was on its last leg. Can't afford a new one, so we have to keep this one going. It's a 2005 with 133k miles...getting up there!

lildebbieg 04-30-2015 10:31 AM

Hi all :) Just a quick check in. I was happy to get in a workout before work today and stayed (mostly ;)) on track today. It is so darned quiet here this week. I think this site is dying a slow death :(

episode2011 04-30-2015 11:59 AM

Hiya, Lisa! Sorry about the car. I'm assuming at least it's paid for? I also drive a 2005, but not as many miles. Two years ago the AC conked out. I managed to limp along for that entire summer, but last year I couldn't take it anymore. Had to bite the bullet and go for the repair. Ouch. I can only imagine if the AC conked out in AZ!!!

Originally Posted by lildebbieg (Post 115869)
Hi all :) Just a quick check in. I was happy to get in a workout before work today and stayed (mostly ;)) on track today.

Yay!!! Our Debbie is back in the saddle!

Originally Posted by lildebbieg (Post 115869)
It is so darned quiet here this week. I think this site is dying a slow death :(

Yep :( And the M&A thread seems to get most of the traffic, from what I can see. It's cobweb-city in all the other areas.

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1400-1450: 1343, 1220, 1310, 1446 <---Woohoo, in the zone, finally!
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 2904, 3127, 3195, 3052
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1570, 1159, 1194, 1193
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 18, 16, 17, 20 <--- Eek, the added protein comes with a cost
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g: 61, 55, 58, 65
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 125-135g: 106, 100, 117, 124
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 100-110: 100, 91, 93, 104
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 35-45g: 12, 14, 18, 22
    • Thursday: Wait, what? Protein powder isn't JUST for shakes (I'm so not a shakes fan)? You can actually COOK with it? I'm listening...
Man, there's STILL a whole lotta red up there (imagine a grinning face icon here because I've already used up my allotment of smilies -- the one's in Debbie's quotes count!!! Imagine an Eek! face icon here)! That's because I'm tweaking things on a daily basis. Changing the ratios, but not the overall calories. I also changed the Fiber line to reflect my true fiber goal (I was cutting myself some slack earlier), so all the blues turned red.

I'm still skeptical about increasing the calories, but I'm going on faith that I wasn't eating enough before. We'll see...

lildebbieg 04-30-2015 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 115871)
...(imagine a grinning face icon here because I've already used up my allotment of smilies -- the one's in Debbie's quotes count!!! Imagine an Eek! face icon here)!

LOL! I'm a serial smilies user!!! :eek: ;) :p

lildebbieg 04-30-2015 01:09 PM

Epixi - You're doing very well on your goals!! Don't kid yourself there lady! ;) Besides...who can actually consume 35-45 g of fibre daily! That's a really high number and would be difficult to meet...unless you eat All Bran multiple times a day...but that would drive up your carb total ;) You're doing so well! Pat yourself on the back would you!

http://power2motivate.com.au/wp-cont...job-smiley.jpg

AZLisaLou 04-30-2015 02:36 PM

Epixi, I agree with Debbie on the fiber. You're shooting for a very high number. I think the recommended daily amount for women is like 25g or something. And even that is really hard to do. I think you're doing a great job!

Debbie, glad you're having a better day today. You're right, things are not hoppin in here like they used to.

Just another blah kind of day for me. Not good, not bad, just "meh". I've been so exhausted lately. I can't seem to get enough sleep. I'm constantly tired. I know I probably need to increase my energy with exercise. I just hate the E word.

libby135 05-01-2015 03:21 AM

Hi all. I am feeling a lot better and have been going for short walks lately.
My appetite is still low and I am glad of that. My weight is dropping right now and I hope I can continue this trend for a long while. Keep this thread going and I will be posting with more regularity. Thanks to all the people who sent me messages of support.

rainbow24 05-01-2015 03:53 AM

Sorry I haven't been showing up. Life got really busy.

I have been having chest pains, but different. I think it is because I have been forgetting water.
Walking has been painful with a hard lump forming under the skin on the ball of my foot.
Scale is not working because the battery died and my son won't let me keep my own batteries.

Sounds like a country song only without a guy in a cowboy hat.

episode2011 05-01-2015 05:53 AM

Debbie: Cheerios -- the original cereal smilie user :D.

http://i.imgur.com/EojUvTm.jpg

((sorry it's so BIG!!!))

episode2011 05-01-2015 06:19 AM

Annette: Please take care of yourself, especially if you're experiencing chest pains. Do you think you should go have it checked out? Just to be on the safe side?

Libby: I'm glad to hear you're feeling better (even though I wasn't aware that you weren't feeling well). Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Lisa: Feeling constantly weary stinks. Do you think it's weather-related? Or could it be emotional? Emotions can sometimes manifest as physical tiredness...

Debbie and Lisa: Thanks for the kind words on my progress! Much appreciated :). As far as the fiber/fibre, I know 35-45 is a stretch, but I hit 37 yesterday without too much effort. I found this hot cereal (that's actually pretty tasty!), that has 27g carbs and 10 (count 'em, 10!!!) grams of fiber per serving! I threw a 1/4 cup of wheat bran on top of that for another 6g of fiber. That's 16g fiber in one bowl, booyah!

I also had some carrots and Brussels Sprouts and Kashi (not all at the same time), as well as one serving of the gummies. This was doable, especially with the amount of water/tea I drink. For the time being, I think I'll keep shooting for 35+, unless it becomes unwieldy (or unless my digestive system rebels :p). Even if I fall short (in the 20s), I'll still be miles higher than I was.

Cheers, all!

AZLisaLou 05-01-2015 09:13 AM

Epixi, wow! That's a lot of fiber in one bowl. Did you ever see the classic old skit on Saturday Night Live called Colon Blow? lol

Libby, so sorry to hear you've not been well, and I'm glad you are feeling better.

Annette, take good care of yourself. I don't get that your son won't let you keep batteries?

Debbie, I hope your day is going well!

I went for my mental health med check today. Last week I had some labs done and the results are in. I don't know what all the two pages of tests were for. All I know is that my sugars are considerably high and my LDL Cholesterol is somewhat high. Not good news.

Does anyone know anything about Mern or Terry? Does anyone know their screen names off hand so I can send them a message?

rainbow24 05-01-2015 09:44 AM

Lisa, my son has "tendencies" if you know what I mean. We were fortunate that he lived at all, and that his brain function was not severely altered by the circumstances of his birth. That he fancies himself the keeper of the flashlights and batteries in this house... we can deal with it.

Epixi, the water intake is an issue. If at any time I feel weakness in the left side or shortness of breath, I'm heading straight to the nearest ER.

lildebbieg 05-01-2015 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 115883)
Debbie: Cheerios -- the original cereal smilie user :D.
((sorry it's so BIG!!!))

HAHA! Love it! :D

lildebbieg 05-01-2015 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou (Post 115887)
Debbie, I hope your day is going well!

I went for my mental health med check today. Last week I had some labs done and the results are in. I don't know what all the two pages of tests were for. All I know is that my sugars are considerably high and my LDL Cholesterol is somewhat high. Not good news.

Does anyone know anything about Mern or Terry? Does anyone know their screen names off hand so I can send them a message?

Hi Lisa! My day has been too busy again but all is well. Thanks for checking in on me :)

Sorry to hear your test results have brought concern. You can still change this though! Don't take this news sitting down! its never too late! Get your game on and show that doctor you can turn those numbers around! Heck prove it to yourself! :cool:

Mern's screen name is Mern. Terri's is taubele. I did reach out to Terri but haven't heard back from her.

Later all!

01gt4.6 05-01-2015 11:13 AM

wow, y'all are fired up this week. I love the energy!

episode2011 05-01-2015 02:20 PM

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1400-1450: 1343, 1220, 1310, 1446, 1472 <--- Whoops, hit the zone and kept on going :eek:
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 2904, 3127, 3195, 3052, 3119
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1570, 1159, 1194, 1193, 1172
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 18, 16, 17, 20, 20 <--- Bah
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g: 61, 55, 58, 65, 66 <--- Gah
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 125-135g: 106, 100, 117, 124, 130 <--- Woot woot
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 100-110: 100, 91, 93, 104, 104
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 35-45g: 12, 14, 18, 22, 26
    • Thursday: Wait, what? Protein powder isn't JUST for shakes (I'm so not a shakes fan)? You can actually COOK with it? I'm listening...
TGIF, y'all!!!

episode2011 05-01-2015 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 115894)
wow, y'all are fired up this week. I love the energy!

Week started off slow, but ending up strong!

AZLisaLou 05-01-2015 04:54 PM

Epixi, you can cook with protein powder? fill me in on that.

episode2011 05-02-2015 02:01 AM

Lisa: I haven't tried it yet (I've never even bought any protein powder because I thought it was JUST for shakes), but I've seen some promising recipes. I'm hoping to give it a go this week.