Motivation & Accountability Thread 4/27-5/3. Keep Going & Never Give Up >

Motivation & Accountability Thread 4/27-5/3. Keep Going & Never Give Up

Community
Notices

Motivation & Accountability Thread 4/27-5/3. Keep Going & Never Give Up

Old 04-28-2015, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

*pokes Debbie with a (carrot) stick*

Come on, Debbie, you can do this! Just for today, right?
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all - just a quick note to say I'm still here. Took the dogs for a walk this evening so feeling very good and managed to lose most of the weight I had gained the previous week.

I feel you with the bare cupboards. That is when I do the worst. I had no time to shop the week before and we ate out a lot. I tried to make good choices, but most things are fried or sauces that are loaded with calories.

Everyone have a good week and I will check back later.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sorry you're having a blaaaaah day, Debbie. sometimes an exercise session helps, but some days there's just nothing you can do about it but continue to feel blah. I hope a good night sleep will help you too.

Sunflower seeds were in stock at the store today. Got some of those, some spinach and ham. Will toss it together with some parmesan and Ken's Lite Creamy Caesar. Delish.

Not much going on for me today, but thought I should check in. Having car issues with overheating while idling so we have to take it in tomorrow to have it looked at and suck us more dry of money. That's all I've got going on. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
*pokes Debbie with a (carrot) stick*

Come on, Debbie, you can do this! Just for today, right?

Thanks for the laugh Epixi!! Exactly what I needed
Old 04-28-2015, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the support Lisa I think I'll allow myself the grace to skip my workout for today, but I will be hitting the hay early and promise to get right back at it tomorrow!

Love sunflower seeds!! Funny enough though is that things like seeds and nuts are trigger foods for me. I can't just eat a little! So yummy!

Hope the car doesn't cost too much! Such an essential thing living in North America...but very costly!
Old 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Lynda - Maybe that's part of my motivation issues today...the fridge is rather bare and I didn't feel inspired to get creative in the kitchen. However, in the end, I made a three ingredient dinner (well 5 if you count the side of rice and zucchinni). It was so yummy and suuuuuper easy!

I made Baked Basil Chicken and here's the link if anyone is interested!
Old 04-28-2015, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Lynda: Hi there! Happy for you for losing those newly-found pounds. Always nice when that happens .

Lisa: Glad to hear the sunflower seeds were back! I still have to get some and try them. Sorry about the car overheating. Given what you said before about the AZ heat, sounds like everything overheats out there.

Debbie: I'm no good at the motivational bits like you are (you always know the perfect saying!), so I'm glad I could at least make you crack a smile.

Not much going on here. Not ready yet to post today's food results, because I'm not sure what else I'll be eating. I will say I tried a new breath spray. Ick. Tasted like pool water.

Will be back later.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

My Strategy for the Week (April 27 - May 3):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1400-1450 ((old value 1350-1450)): 1343, 1220
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 2904, 3127
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1570, 1159
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 18, 16
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 55-60g ((old value 50-60g)): 61, 55
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 95-100g ((old value 85-95g)): 106, 100
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 115-125 ((old value greater than 100)): 100, 91
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 10-15g: 12, 14
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Started incorporating macros
    • Tuesday: Revised macros so they're more realistic for me
    • Tuesday: Did some reading on what leads people to "overeat" (using the definition "eat more than one burns")
It's been a week since the blow-out Big Burger day, so my averages now reflect my more typical day (heh check the big sodium drop). They are still not quite meeting the macros, but at least they aren't skewed by a totally abnormal day.

The key with this whole macro thing, for me, is to help structure how the calories will be spent while keeping things reasonable. Given how things have gone for the past few days, I find it unlikely that I'd be able to maintain a habit of eating 145g of protein per day. Soooo, I've readjusted... again. It's going to take a while to get a groove going, but I'm willing to work on it. Assuming, of course, I see some results.

So, now that that's done (and since I've been on-track today), time for my Daily Decadence . See you tomorrow!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

RIP Jean Nidetch (1923 - 2015)

Regardless of whether we are currently following her program or some other, we all continue to benefit from her initial concept: sharing the journey. My mother and I both joined around 1965ish (I'm not sure of the exact date, but I was still a kid). Things have certainly changed since then, but the basic concept remains strong. This thread is evidence. We're here to support, encourage, motivate and celebrate with one another. We're all in this together.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Epixi - I hadn't heard of Jean Nidetch before, so I googled her. Her legacy will live on forever!!! I don't think Weight Watchers will even lose momentum. I fact, I was tempted to give it a try again this week! Something easier about counting points than counting calories. Once you know the points for your common foods, it's very easy to remember and easy to tally up the day in your head. RIP Jean Nidetch.

I'm happy to report that I'm back on track today. I did the workout I missed yesterday plus today's scheduled workout. I burned almost as many calories as I've eaten! I have to keep that umotivational monster at bay....he's a nasty one...or maybe not so much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.