FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/12031-motivation-accountability-april-13-19-live-moment.html)

lildebbieg 04-13-2015 12:21 AM

Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment

Good Monday morning all :) It has occurred to me that I have been looking too far ahead and it's been discouraging me. Last year when I was successfully sticking to my goals, every day I told myself to just trust the process and do what I could do that day. I've lost sight of that way of thinking. Instead, I keep looking back to where I was last year and wishing I was at that point again. The thing is, I can't go back. I can only go forward and going forward means putting in the work again. I need to put in the time and effort to reach my goals. I guess I haven't accepted where I'm currently at? I feel discouraged at times because I remember how much work it was to get so close to my goal and I remember how good I felt in my skin (and in my clothes!!)...only to then let it all slip away. I know it will take months of hard work to get back there. This has been discouraging me to the point that I am not making progress. I need to accept where I'm at and then move forward, and trust that with each good decision and each minute of exercise that I can and will reach my gaol again.

My focus this week (and the weeks and months to come) will be to live in the moment. Each moment is a new moment to make a good decision. Each good decision...no matter how big or small...is a step in the right direction and one step closer to my goal.

Wishing us all a successful week!

http://youreananimal.com/cms/wp-cont...hour-glass.jpg

lildebbieg 04-13-2015 01:21 AM

I'm changing up my goals a bit this week. I'm reducing calories and carbs and adding in a fibre goal (which will mean I'll be eating a lot more veggies), making a more general exercise goal rather than trying to adhere to a schedule and I'm also making it part of my daily goals to reflect on positive accomplishments.

Weekly Goals
track food daily:
min. 72 oz. water daily:
max. 1200 calories:
min. 90 g protein:
max. 120 g carbs:
min. 25 g fibre:
exercise daily:
reflect on daily accomplishments:

HappyHen 04-13-2015 02:38 AM

Debbie, I'm with you on the discouragement and disappointment of losing the weight only to gain it and some extra over time. How about this week add another goal to find something positive about yourself each day? You will enjoy your week better if you try this method. That is how I lost 86 lbs back in 2006. It was recommended to me on another forum. Blessings, Denise

rainbow24 04-13-2015 03:22 AM

This is me, living in the moment.

Monday goals:
  • Still resting from outdoor work due to rain
  • Get back to the original diet plan
    • Breakfast waffle
    • Lunch salmon
    • Prepare legumes for tomorrow
    • Chicken dinner

lildebbieg 04-13-2015 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by HappyHen (Post 115585)
Debbie, I'm with you on the discouragement and disappointment of losing the weight only to gain it and some extra over time. How about this week add another goal to find something positive about yourself each day? You will enjoy your week better if you try this method. That is how I lost 86 lbs back in 2006. It was recommended to me on another forum. Blessings, Denise

Sorry to hear you're in the 'Lose It Then Gain It Back Plus More' club with me ;) Totally agree with your recommendation....that's why I already have this as part my weekly goals...'reflect on daily accomplishments'. All too often, I beat myself up for not doing enough yet I don't take the time to look at all I accomplish on a daily basis. I'm going to make this a permanent goal each week. Once I start focusing on my daily accomplishments, I hope that will translate into the momentum I need to look forward and no longer dwell on the past.

episode2011 04-13-2015 04:11 AM

Good morning, everyone.

My Strategy for the Week (April 13 - April 19):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300:
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses):
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500:
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g:
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150:
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater:
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g:
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
I've been being true to my strategy, but I'm having zero success. Third week IN A ROW of no loss. Needless to say, I'm extremely discouraged. I don't want to bring down the mood of the group, so I'll stop here.

Just so tired of being the nutritional bridesmaid.

lildebbieg 04-13-2015 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 115590)
I've been being true to my strategy, but I'm having zero success. Third week IN A ROW of no loss. Needless to say, I'm extremely discouraged. I don't want to bring down the mood of the group, so I'll stop here.

Just so tired of being the nutritional bridesmaid.

I can imagine how frustrated you must be!! You set up your goals and week after week you stay on track! You deserve a big loss!

Are you doing anything different than you did in the past when you've lost weight? Maybe if you up your protein a bit and lower your carbs a bit? Maybe you just need a shake up to get the scale moving again? What about exercise...are you able to add in some exercise to help increase the caloric deficit without having to cut calories?

ToriD1012 04-13-2015 09:26 AM

Joining in after a LONG hiatus

Okay, so a brief backstory...I was here a few years ago, had success and then quit doing what was working and gained back a LOT of the 79lbs lost. I haven't gained back all of what I lost, but probably a good 35lbs or more of it. I honestly have no clue what I weigh right now because we just moved and I can't find my scale LOL!!

Anyway, my goals are simple this week

1: log it all. The good, the bad and the ugly
2: limit soda to work only, water at home
3: eat sensibly. no going overboard

That's it for week one. Will do my best to post every day, but can't guarantee it. I work a swing shift and it's hard sometimes. But will definitely be here most days.

~~Tori~~
~~37 years old and starting over...again~~

01gt4.6 04-13-2015 10:11 AM

Tori says I need to post goals. Such a JA she is.

Okay mine will be simple, but starting tomorrow.

1) s*%t or get off the pot (either get to the gym or cancel my membership since I haven't been in a couple months)
2) log my foods
3) 100 oz water per day
4) 2000 calorie deficit for Tues-Sunday
5) write 1 policy

LHall1965 04-13-2015 10:36 AM

Hi All - Happy Monday. Missed being on last week, but very hectic and not really motivated. I'm surprised I lost a pound - felt like I gained 5. I was up and down all week. We did work outside some on Sat in the yard so glad the extra exercise helped.

Goals this week to get back on track and eat only what I have prepared and not the "extras" that I have been grabbing to snack on, Also to drink more water.

Debbie - you are so right. It just seems like my goal is such a long way off and I have so far to go that I get discouraged. I also need to refocus on the short term goals and stay motivated.

Hope everyone has a great week