Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal >

Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal

Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal

Old 03-28-2015, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

People are so creative here! The bags sound so cool. And people are always cooking good things.

And you guys are so compassionate.

Flares are so variable in duration and intensity. It can be anything from a few hours to months. This one has lasted about a week of mild to moderate discomfort, a week of intensity. Total exhaustion and loss of the use of my right arm. Better today THANKFULLY. I have a lot of things coming up; a job thing, helping a cousin who just had surgery, and Passover.

Lisa, good luck with the surgery but you are so funny. Your comments made me laugh.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Sunday friends - had a bad headache yesterday that I am blaming on the weather- lol

Hope - I am looking forward to warmer days myself. great job hitting your water goals. That is something I struggle with. I just never really feel thirsty so have to remind myself to drink and then I get busy. It is something I am trying to improve on.

Jennifer- so great to get the family involved. It is a big help when they are supportive.

Lisa- great job on the small wins. Don't be too hard on yourself. I confess I bought the bag of powdered mini- donuts( using the excuse they were for my husband). LOl - but I go the bag out and looked at the calories and decided I could have three. So I got a plate and put them on it and closed the bag. It was enough to satisfy me. Otherwise I would have eaten at least half the bag.

Debbie- thanks for sharing your story about your friend. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I so appreciate your motivation - the quotes and words of inspiration really help. It has truly helped to not feel so alone in this struggle.

Epixi - love your inspiration also and trying new things. I also love chickpeas but have never tried hummus either. It just never looked appealing but maybe I will give it a shot. It could be good this summer when you don't want something hot. ( If I like It- lol)

Vicki - feel you on the pollen- If it is not a storm front coming thru causing sinus headaches then it's the sneezing and itchy eyes.

Hope everyone has a great week and I am going to stay super focused to finish out the Easter Challenge closer to my goal. It is slow going but I do feel that I am making lifestyle changes that I can sustain. Last time that I lost weight - I "dieted" and then when I went back to eating "normal" I put all of it and more back on. This time I really need to learn how to eat "normal" and stay within my calorie limits so I can lose and keep it off.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

New Challenge post is up!!! Come on over and sign up!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

I as up all night long and didn't fall asleep until about 4:30am. I didn't do too horribly through my midnight hunger. Had a turkey/swiss sandwich and some rice.

Lynda, more power to you for sticking to 3 mini donuts. I can't do that. It's the whole bag for me. You've got some good willpower!

Debbie, I bailed on the Easter challenge, but I signed up for the next challenge.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm going back to bed. It's not even the crack of noon yet. Morning for me usually starts at about 2pm. I would still be in there except my son called and I talked to him for a little while. But, nope, not ready to face the day yet. My pillows are calling my name. n-night everyone.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Finishing up the week. Sorry I didn't get to post any comments over the weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 23 - March 29):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1210, 1211, 1219, 1245, 1248, 1238, 1284
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3826, 3961, 4028, 3957, 3960, 3960, 3966
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1166, 1216, 1288, 1312, 1318, 1295, 1307
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15, 15, 15, 16, 15, 15, 16<--- just can't get this one under control
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15, 16, 18, 20, 23, 21, 22
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Net Carbs = under 130 (*NEW!*): 131, 127, 125, 128, 130, 127, 127 <---back on track
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 57, 58, 61, 60, 60, 59, 64
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Tuesday: Did some research on the effects of an ultra-low calorie diet (at 1100 calories per day on average, I wasn't *ultra* low, but was lower than I should have been -- working on correcting that)
    • Tuesday: In an attempt to bump up fiber without loads of extra carbs, I tried fiber gummies. I'm not a big gummy fan, but these were somewhat tolerable. 11 grams of carbs, 8 of which are FIBER (booyah!), made them even more tolerable. And, they only added 50 calories per serving. I can do this.
    • Wednesday: Did some reading about loose skin (not that I've gotten to that point yet) and how the speed of loss affects skin elasticity.
    • Wednesday: Did some research on hummus. I've never tasted it. Sounds intriguing and since I love chickpeas, this sounds like something I'll like!
    • Thursday: Bought AND TRIED the hummus with some baby carrots. Eh, not my style. But I DID try it, so that's a win. Back to lite ranch dip for me.