FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11928-motivation-accountability-thread-mar-16-22-make-plan.html)

AZLisaLou 03-16-2015 03:01 PM

Debbie, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you're back to normal tomorrow.

Vicki, sorry you're having GB problems. I had mine out when I was 20. So glad I had it done because the attacks were unbearable. Happy for you on getting the compliments!

Hi, Beth, nice to meet you.

Annette, working the farm is such great physical work. I hope you enjoy it!

I've had a great day in many ways. Although I have had some soda, I have not binged on eating junk food. I had just 1 granola bar that is more junky than healthy. I had rice, chicken and broccoli for dinner. I know my portion was too big, but I can't change everything all at one time. I feel really good about my day so far. The last 2 or 3 days have been a change because I haven't been completely non-stop ravenous. I don't know what's causing the change in my hunger level, but I'll take it. I've just been more mindful of really paying attention to why I'm reaching for something. and I have to realize that being "stuffed" is not what it means to "be full". Right now I feel like I've had enough to eat, although I'm not stuffed, and I'm not feeling compelled to make myself stuffed. I call that a victory for the day.

AZLisaLou 03-16-2015 05:53 PM

Just another check in.

Getting close to the danger zone binge time of night. I think I'm going to make it. A little while ago I felt like I needed something and I opted for a banana. It was delicious. I had forgotten how good they are. When I'm keeping count of the calories I don't usually eat them though because they're high calories.

Having a little trouble relaxing for sleep. That's when things are precarious for me. I eat out of control from boredom. I'm going to not give in tonight. If I have anything else the rest of the night it will be an atkins w/ milk. I'm going to take a clonazepam and hope it helps my mind rest enough for me to fall asleep.

See you all tomorrow.

lildebbieg 03-17-2015 12:41 AM

Good morning all :) Feeling better today! I was up this morning for my scheduled workout, so back on track. The workout I missed yesterday will get tacked onto another workout sometime this week. The kids are on March Break and there is a movie night tonight at the local community centre. We'll be taking them to that and then hopefully I can get in a little cardio before bed...I'll have to see how my energy is by that time of the day.

Lisa - So happy to hear you're feeling stronger and getting back on track. Wise decision to take small steps and not change everything at once. To answer your question, I am counting calories. I just don't think it's sustainable for me personally and hope that I can someday just eat intuitively again. Now that I've set my calories at 1430 for the day, I have no problem staying within that number. I'm used to 'dieting' at 1200 cals a day, so eating 1430 a day feels easy and like I can do this forever really. :)

Vicki - Sorry to hear you're having GB attacks! Did you go to the Diagnostic Centre yet? What were the results? Congrats on the compliments! How nice that people are noticing your hard work!

Beth - Nice goals for the week! What do you do for weights and cardio? Do you workout at home or in a gym?

Annette - Hope you had a fun visit with your friend last night!

Epixi - Your weekly strategy looks good! That darn scale....can be so motivating at times, yet other times so frustrating! This is why I'm currently avoiding the scale and focusing on the things I do have control over....energy in and energy out. I know if I'm in a deficit, the scale will eventually cooperate ;)

Pranava - You are soooooo close to your Easter goal!! You can do it!!! So what are you planning for your workouts for the week?

Have a great day all!

episode2011 03-17-2015 02:19 AM

Debbie: So glad to hear you're back on your feet. School break time always seems to throw everything home-wise out of whack :D. I hope you and the kiddos enjoy the movie tonight. What's playing?

Lisa: Here's hoping the rest of the night went uneventfully and that you were able to settle in for a good 40-winks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 16 - March 22):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1200 <--- literally, 1200.3, just barely edged in there :D
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3423
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1118
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 14
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 56
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
Still holding onto the weight uptick, no change. I find it so frustrating that this body has no qualms about gaining a pound and a half overnight (even though I did nothing wrong!!!), but will take 2-3 weeks to release that same pound and a half. This body is so unfair (*pout*).

On a much lighter note, I finally learned how to make a perfectly cooked, easy-to-peel hard boiled egg (yes, it's taken me all these years -- I'm slow)! I've been experimenting with a few methods over the past few weeks and have settled on one that makes an easy-to-peel egg just about every time. My thanks to the chef who wrote the blog I read (I'll look his name up and edit it in later, because he deserves credit for writing it).

Steps: (Have you noticed yet how much I like making lists? Or how much I like using parentheses?)
  • Get the water at full boil
  • Place the eggs in directly from the refrigerator (not room temp eggs -- COLD eggs). Don't worry, they won't crack (unless you drop 'em).
  • Lower the heat to just barely boiling
  • Let them cook for 12ish minutes
  • Take them out and IMMEDIATELY put them in ice-cold water.
I let them sit in the cold water for 20 minutes or so, in order to get them thoroughly cooled. Give 'em a crack (roll 'em under the palm of your hand if you so desire) and the shells practically fall off!

Result: Perfectly shaped egg (cute dimple), no green around the yolk, non-rubbery white. Delicious!

rainbow24 03-17-2015 02:58 AM

The farm is something that I married into. City girl here. Moved to the country when I got married. At first it wasn't a good fit. We had a few episodes where I squealed at yucky things like maggots and spiders. There was also that incident where I went deathly pale and had to put my head on my knees.

In more recent years, I do the work while gritting under my breath that "he is lucky he married me and not some sexy little thing."

In the past year it is more like, "you jerk." I'm still trying to get my head around him not even coming to the hospital to find out what was wrong with me. He just waited for me to phone him or hear from one of the kids what was going on. I could have died alone. There were three incidents where it was highly possible.

Okay, I have to stop this. I am just upset at having been married for 38 years and still being alone. I have the kids, but they have their own lives. Or they should.

lildebbieg 03-17-2015 03:40 AM

Epixi - I'm not sure what's playing? My husband told me, but I can't remember. Should be fun though. Yes, the kids being off school is changing the schedule this week. I'm happy they get a little break and change of scenery though....wish I could be off with them :rolleyes: When you boil the eggs, do you cover the pot or leave it uncovered for 12 minutes? I usually put the eggs in a pot, bring it to a boil, once boiling, I turn the heat completely off and cover the pot for 12 minutes then run them under cold water. It works pretty well.

Annette - Sorry to hear your husband wasn't by your side during your health crisis. It's no wonder why you feel alone. Wish I had some words of wisdom here.....

Built 03-17-2015 06:39 AM

Happy St. Pat's Day!

Debbie and Vicki: Sending healing thoughts & prayers!

Lisa: We're right with you there refocusing on feeling fantastic rather than on night-time bingeing.

Annette: A true farmer--now there's a workout!

Just chewing up my red bell pepper as I strive to get those veggies in...challenging as it requires I slow down!

rosabella2012 03-17-2015 01:34 PM

Greetings and Happy St Paddy's Day!
GB results are in: normal size/shape and no stones visible. The process of elimination continues to figure out what is going on with me--no pain/nausea if I don't eat/drink anything; pain, nausea, if I do eat/drink. Another test will be scheduled later this week--this one checks my GB, liver and pancreas.

Annette: Farmers are some of the hardest working folks I know! I understand-- husband's aren't the most sensitive to our needs sometimes.

Beth: I love red bell peppers! Yellow and orange too--green, not so much!

Lisa: Today is just one day in your life--tomorrow will bring another opportunity to get on target with food goals. Sometimes I have to take it a few minutes at a time when it comes to eating something not on my food plan.

Epixi: You've got some awesome goals!

Pranava: Kudos on being so close to your Easter goal!

Debbie: Enjoy your time with the kiddos! Hope you feel better real soon!

Good night! Vicki

AZLisaLou 03-18-2015 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Vicki, so sorry you're having a lot of pain. Very frustrating when they don't know the cause!

Annette, Very sorry to hear your husband isn't always there for you. I'm sure you've probably tried talking to him about it? I wish I knew the magic words to make it better for you. :(

OMG! I've been awake since 11:00 last night. I watched tv for a while then sewed a new bag using a new pattern I found on YouTube. Pic attached. The top band and interior matches. The little polka dot looks cute with the larger flowers (at least I think so :) ). Anyways, I had an atkins w/ milk, I did have a little soda, but other than that I've had nothing!!!!!! I'm getting hungry now, though. Will probably make a bowl of oatmeal. So proud that I didn't have any junk food all night. woohoo me!

simplybea 03-18-2015 02:00 AM

Hi Everyone!

I have made a sad realization :(

I am in the same spot as I was last August. I have gained/lost the same 15 pounds about 3 times over since then!

Now had I just lost the 45 THAT would be substantial.... I'm determined to stop cycling!!