Notices

My Journey.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default My Journey.

Hello!

I am new here, on my journey to a healthier lifestyle. I am going to be keeping my logs in this thread.

When I first got married I was around 200lbs, now thanks to pizza and working on computers sitting around all day, I am now around 280-290 (have to pick up a scale today)

I am planning on doing a low carb diet, while adding in other tips and tricks I have found browsing the web, along with some exercise.

Looking to drop down to around 200 lbs . My height is 5'9, 30 years old

Heres My Day 1

Woke up, had a glass of water, with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar mixed in.

A centrum vitamin, and 2 fish oil capsules.

2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage patties

Rode the exercise bike for around 20 minutes (Little over 2 miles)
Did some small curling for about 10 minutes
Did calisthenics for about 10 more minutes (jumping jacks, push ups)

for lunch I had a spoon full of peanut butter and about 10 almonds.

for dinner I plan to do a chicken breast, some steamed broccoli and a little bit of cheese sauce to make it edible.

I feel really disgusted with how fat I let myself get, and cant wait to see some progress. Thanks for following my thread.
Attached Images
Old 03-12-2015, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! I'm on a journey to better health also and am using diet modifications suggested by my MD to improve my asthma and a combo of paleo/low-carb. As of now, I've lost 80 pounds since mid-July of last year. I'd suggest that when you by a scale to weigh yourself, you also pick up a scale to weigh your food--I got mine at Wal-mart for about $20.00. In many cases, I feel weighing food makes tracking nutrition elements much easier. Best of luck! Vicki
Old 03-13-2015, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Hello! I'm on a journey to better health also and am using diet modifications suggested by my MD to improve my asthma and a combo of paleo/low-carb. As of now, I've lost 80 pounds since mid-July of last year. I'd suggest that when you by a scale to weigh yourself, you also pick up a scale to weigh your food--I got mine at Wal-mart for about $20.00. In many cases, I feel weighing food makes tracking nutrition elements much easier. Best of luck! Vicki

Thank you for your inspiration. I already have a scale that I can use to weigh up my food! Thanks I will use your advice
Old 03-13-2015, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there, Darryl! Is it ok to call you Darryl? Glad you found your way here!

When you have a chance, you may want to take a peek at the Motivation and Support thread (here's the one for this week---> Motivation and Support Thread for March 9-15). It's a bunch of folks, just like you (and me and Vicki) who're trying our best to make this journey a bit more fun. Many of us post goals (certainly not set in stone) for the week, things we'd like to do or accomplish, and often will post updates. A new thread starts every Monday.

Feel free to jump on in anytime, though -- don't feel like you have to wait for Monday !
Old 03-13-2015, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Episode will do..

Picked up a scale today, much worst then i thought it was.

Weighing in at 309 lbs today, before I went to the bathroom. 307.8 after.

Anyways, updating my log.

Started morning out again with a glass of lemon and apple cider vinegar concoction.

got 4 miles in on the bike, about 25 minutes or so at a slow pace.

about 1.5 hours walking around the park flying my quadrocopter.

bout 10 minutes of curling free weights.

pretty sure i burned more calories then i took in, atleast according to my fitday tracker.

Here was my food log. Less then 40 carbs for the day.
Attached Images
Old 03-16-2015, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

just a quick update..

down to 305.8 lbs

instead of doing the normal 20-30mins on the bike i was able to withstand 95 minutes today on it.

food has been about the same stuff im eating everyday, super low carbs mostly meats