Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - March 2 - 8....calorie counting versus intuitive eating? >

Motivational Thread - March 2 - 8....calorie counting versus intuitive eating?

Notices

Motivational Thread - March 2 - 8....calorie counting versus intuitive eating?

Old 03-08-2015, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Annette - I hate time change also. I was sick with a headache yesterday - probably sinus and now I lose an hour today - lol.

I was above my calorie goal yesterday and made some bad food choices. I had cheese sticks last night at the lodge - I was hungry & tired and they only had the fryer turned on for food so I could not resist. Well - that was yesterday so I will make a nice dinner today and get some things ready for a great week. Hopefully tomorrow won't be to cruel on the scale. lol

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 03-08-2015, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Daylight Savings is here (well, for most of us -- some places don't observe Daylight Savings). I set my clocks ahead late last night so I wouldn't face the "OMG I lost an hour!" feeling this morning . The worst part of Daylight Savings, for me, is that the morning is dark again. I like it when it's bright and sunny at 6am. Now it's still dark at 6. Boo.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

My Goals for the Week (March 2 - March 8):
  • Calorie Cycling -- have at least 1 High day (A=Average Day, H=High Day): A, A, A, A, A, H (Finally! Yay!)
  • Minimum 1500mL water/tea per day: 2445, 2445, 2917, 3035, 2648, 3462
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1155, 1156, 1150, 1150, 1120, 1158
  • Explore! Try something new or learn something new (nutrition-wise) at least 2 times:
    • Monday: tried a Minneola.
    • Tuesday: read an article on the difference between dietitians and nutritionists.
    • Thursday: did a little research on TOPS so I could respond to Lisa's question.
    • Friday: did a little research to compare soda prices vs sparkling water prices. Also looked up Runza, 'cause I'd never heard of it.
Yesterday, Saturday, was FINALLY a High day (well, high for me). I made a concerted effort to get something decadent. I won't say what, so as not to trigger anyone. I only had a small portion (1/2 cup). I know it was a 1/2 cup because that was the size of the container. That's the great aspect of single-size items -- I can eat the entire thing, which is psychologically satisfying to me. That goes back to the beginning of this thread, when we talked about Clean Plate Club, of which I'm a card-carrying, charter member.

Knowing I was going to splurge, I had a lot of extra water and tea during the day, trying to convince myself that maybe the two things would cancel each other out . Anyway, I ate it slowly and deliberately, celebrating every mouthful. It was absolutely delicious and worth every calorie.

It's logged and now, I move on.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

The time change worked well for me. Last night I was so tired from working on the farm that I went to bed before 10 pm. I still woke up with my 6:30 am alarm, which is now 7:30 am. That means I had an hour and a half to have breakfast before work. No problem. I am now well rested even though I worked again today.

Hope everyone else finds a way to deal with the change.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Finishing up the week:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

My Goals for the Week (March 2 - March 8):
  • Calorie Cycling -- have at least 1 High day (A=Average Day, H=High Day): A, A, A, A, A, H, A
  • Minimum 1500mL water/tea per day: 2445, 2445, 2917, 3035, 2648, 3462, 3445
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1155, 1156, 1150, 1150, 1120, 1158, 1142
  • Explore! Try something new or learn something new (nutrition-wise) at least 2 times:
    • Monday: tried a Minneola.
    • Tuesday: read an article on the difference between dietitians and nutritionists.
    • Thursday: did a little research on TOPS so I could respond to Lisa's question.
    • Friday: did a little research to compare soda prices vs sparkling water prices. Also looked up Runza, 'cause I'd never heard of it.
All in all, it was a good week. Not a *great* week (only lost 1/2 pound, but I suppose that's to be expected after last week's 2-pound loss) but certainly nothing to turn one's nose up at. I still want to inch those average calories up to 1200, but it'll come in time, I'm sure.