FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11783-motivational-thread-feb-9-15-you-choose-medicine-poison.html)

lildebbieg 02-14-2015 11:23 PM

Good morning all :) Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend and getting ramped up for another week. I'm planning to do groceries today and prep some meals for the week. Also planning a workout and board game/movie day with the family. What are your plans for the day?

rainbow24 02-15-2015 02:12 AM

Miserable day ahead for me. I am attending a progressive dinner. I am seriously hoping that no one notices that I'm not eating. This is so much worse than a pot luck dinner where I can bring what I can eat.

lildebbieg 02-15-2015 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by rainbow24 (Post 114377)
Miserable day ahead for me. I am attending a progressive dinner. I am seriously hoping that no one notices that I'm not eating. This is so much worse than a pot luck dinner where I can bring what I can eat.

Oh Annette! That sure doesn't sound like a fun day! What is a progressive dinner? And why can't you eat anything?

LHall1965 02-15-2015 04:16 AM

Hello - very hectic at work last couple of days and the stress made me eat very poorly at lunch on Friday. It was odd - the steak sandwich was so very good but about an hour later felt really horrible - upset stomach and just blah- really made me think that is why I do not want to eat that junk. Hopefully next time I am tempted I will remember what it made me feel later. Thankfully I ate better for dinner and did some walking so have kept the scale down.

Valentine's dinner was great. We went out to our club and they had a steak and lobster dinner. I love Lobster!! I spoke to my hubby and we decided to split one dinner since he doesn't like lobster. I had the salad, half the baked potato, and the lobster and he had the steak and the rest of the dinner. i even skipped the dessert!

Annette- I know about the progressive dinners and they are hard because you are not sure what each host/hostess is having. How did you do?

Debbie- thanks for all the motivation! When I am struggling it helps to share with others that understand and are supportive.

Everyone have a great day!

paisleyjane 02-15-2015 06:42 AM

Hey folks, happy Sunday.

I am feeling a bit frustrated with the scale this morning. I have been the same weight for two weeks, give or take a few oz each day. I am diligent to weigh and measure my food, track it all, and exercise each day. I stick to my planned calorie deficit, and based on that, should be losing...
I'm not sure what's up. I am doing everything by the book but I am the same weight I was on Feb 1st!

Anyways... I know how it goes, this happens. My body might let go of it all at once and I'll have sizable loss... or maybe not. Perhaps I'm shrinking in inches not pounds, I don't know. I will just keep on keepin' on, because I have a goal, and I won't let a couple of static/plateau weeks get in the way.

rainbow24 02-15-2015 06:21 PM

Two reasons for not eating at a progressive dinner:
  • Allergies/cross contamination
  • High salt content

How I did?
At the first house I had raw veggies as appetizers.
At the second house I have a salad without the bacon bits.
At the third house I had a bowl of chicken soup.
The fourth house was the main course of stew, buns, and pizza. I just had stew.
Then we ended with dessert of which I tried a small piece of three different rolls. That was my big cheat.

So in all, I did pretty good. I probably took in a little more salt that I should have, but I will get past this.

taubele 02-16-2015 01:47 AM

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and commiseration!! It means a lot. I will try to keep checking in and rooting everyone one, and hopefully I'll join once I get confirmation from doctor that pregnancy is proceeding appropriately! I honestly want to start exercising again - it's healthy for me, and healthy for baby. I don't like feeling like a slug, but I do agree with my doctor that it's best not to stress my body during this time.

DH and I had a quiet and very snuggly Valentine's Day weekend, and so far, things still seem okay!! We've officially gotten past the timeline where we lost the previous pregnancy and nothing seems to indicate that anything is going wrong. So - so far, third time is still the charm!!!

More good news - Doctor says I can stop having my blood checked until next week. Thank goodness, my arm was starting to look like a pincushion. I have TERRIBLE veins and usually get awful bruising after one is tapped.

I'm also thankful that my early pregnancy symptoms are generally mild (definitely there, but mild).

I hope everyone had a great weekend and I will check in with you all on the new thread once it's posted up! Halfway through February already, boy oh boy...