FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11783-motivational-thread-feb-9-15-you-choose-medicine-poison.html)

paisleyjane 02-12-2015 01:34 PM

Debbie - thanks for all the positive images and motivations. They have been coming to mind throughout my day and I find it helping! :)

Annette - I've always thought doing a boudoir shoot would be fun! BUT, not with a creeper. It would have to be someone I trusted to not be weird.

I got another great workout in today. I was at the gym and I could see myself in the mirror while I was working out, and at first I was unhappy about that... all the jiggles right there on display. I tried to focus on how sweaty and healthy I felt instead, and keep my eyes on the reflection of my feet. It was really entrancing watching them move quickly in the mirror. I look forward to jiggling less... hahah!

I am noticing that if I just eat less, I don't really lose as much as when I eat less AND exercise, even if the calorie deficit is the same. It's interesting... but enough motivation to keep my body moving.

Here's to another day down.

rainbow24 02-12-2015 01:47 PM

I'm not considering it. I have never thought it would be fun.

rosabella2012 02-13-2015 03:12 AM

Wonderful news--I'm officially out of the 280's as of this morning--down to 279! I thought I was gonna be stuck in the 280's. Sure am glad to see the scale move out of them! I'll right more later--y'all have a good day! Vicki

lildebbieg 02-13-2015 03:43 AM

Hi all! I had a fantastic week! I'm down 4.4 lbs. which means I lost nearly all that I gained last week. I'm aiming to get out of the 140's by next weigh in. I've been bouncing up and down in the 140's since January...time to kick things up a notch and make sh.....stuff happen! :cool: I'm going to do my very best and work hard to meet this mini goal!

http://www.thequotepedia.com/images/...ut-failure.jpg

Vicki - Congratulations on getting out of the 180's!! Your persistence and hard work are paying off!! Keep up the great work! http://www.theblitz.org/uploads/user...1well_done.gif

Roxy - Glad you like the images...clearly I like them too since I seem to use them often! LOL! ;)

taubele 02-13-2015 04:28 AM

Hi everyone!

For those who don't know me, I'm Terri! :) I've been missing for a few months, but I've gotten a few private messages in the meantime from Debbie and Mike (thanks guys - it means a lot!)

I apologize for my absence and I only have a second, but for a quick update for me -

One of the reasons I disappeared earlier was that I had a positive pregnancy test (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Unfortunately, it ended in a very early miscarriage. I was very bummed about it. DH and I have wanted to have children and it was a big blow. I then had ANOTHER miscarriage the very next month. So, things have been a been depressing in Terri land, and I sort of needed to gather myself up. I very much just wanted to be quiet and alone, focus on work and get out from under the cloud of dealing with grief. I feel lucky that both miscarriages were very early (before ultrasound #1) and so I don't think I felt the grief as keenly.

However, we're back on the horse, and I had another positive pregnancy test about a week ago. Things are still very early and I have been in contact with my doctor, checking blood levels, etc. etc. and so far everything looks okay (my hormone levels are good and rising appropriately). I am scheduled for my first ultrasound on February 23rd.

I am exceptionally nervous as this weekend would represent the same "timeline" at which I lost the first pregnancy (the second pregnancy was basically a chemical pregnancy - I had a positive test but experienced bleeding three days later. If I hadn't have taken the test, I would never have known, and just thought of it as a late period). But one of the reasons I haven't been around is that I have been wrestling with good eating habits while going through some hormonal/emotional roller coasters.

My doctor told me that I should take it easy and not stress until we see what Ultrasound #1 looks like (if all is well, I will be 7 weeks at that point). Then, we'll talk about exercising if baby looks nice and strong.

I am nervous about saying anything out loud while we're all so early, but I feel as though I am about to burst because I have this good/hopeful/nervous feeling churning around. Things FEEL better this time around, so DH and I are hoping third time is the charm!

Anyway, that's what's up with me, haha!

Love,
~Terri

lildebbieg 02-13-2015 04:40 AM

Terri!!! Sooooooo glad to hear from you!!! However, I'm so sorry to hear all that you've dealt with in the past few months. I've never experienced a miscarriage myself, but I can imagine it would be extremely difficult to suffer such a loss and a disappointment having your hopes up and planning your future and then suddenly things change. Big huge cyber hugs to you Terri! I sincerely hope the third times a charm for you and your husband!

As for diet and exercise, just focus on yourself right now. There's all the time in the world ahead to think about food and exercise. Right now, reducing your stress is more important. Once the doctor gives you the go ahead, even daily walking will do wonders for your body and spirit while pregnant. You can get back to Turbo Jam later ;)

I'm so excited and hopeful for you Terri! Even if you're not trying to lose, please stick around. I would love to hear how you progress during your pregnancy. Such an exciting and miraculous time ahead for you and your husband!

01gt4.6 02-13-2015 07:14 AM

Oh doll face, so sorry to hear about that! I can only imagine what kind of toll that is taking on you. Focus on you and your baby, family comes first. I hope and pray this will be a successful pregnancy. If you are feeling stressed and just need to open up, we are always here. Take care!

rainbow24 02-13-2015 04:18 PM

I'm so sorry, Terri.
My daughter went through this and for her, third time was the charm.

Kathy13118 02-13-2015 07:56 PM

So sorry, Terri. I agree: the third time can be the charm.

AZLisaLou 02-14-2015 10:32 AM

Terri, I had 4 early miscarriages. It did a number on me each time, and I am very sorry for you to have gone through that. I hope and pray this third time is the charm for you. Keep us posted.