Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When? >

Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When?

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When?

Old 01-18-2015, 09:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When?

"Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For"

My weekend wasn't so great...not a total fail, but not proud either. I am going to do my best to make this week a success, one day, one hour at a time. My goal is to have 2 Atkins w/ milk a day, a bowl of oatmeal, and a regular dinner. That's the only plan I have that keeps me within my calorie goals. Unlike last week, this week I bought snacks for the family, and it will be a BIG challenge to stay out of the crap. Later I need to assemble more oatmeal packets. I'm almost out, and I need to be prepared ahead of time.

I am going to do my best to stay on the path to my goals this week.

Happy Monday!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Lisa, thanks for starting us off this week Love the quote...in fact I have it as my desktop image so I see it all day long!

I didn't get up early this morning to do my workout...I was dragging my butt after all the stuff we accomplished over the weekend. My weight is still up, but hopefully I can at least get it back down to Friday's weigh in for this Friday! Tonight will be putting my daughter's room back together and squeezing in a workout. Luckily, I did managed to prep some food yesterday so dinner will be easy.

I'm with you Lisa! I'm going to do my best to make this week a success as well!

Have a great day all! **circkets chirping** ....where is everyone?!?!!?
Old 01-19-2015, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Well I blew it over the weekend

A big bag of chips, and 4 pound heavier
Oh well, it was a conscious decision, (a bad one), but one I made nonetheless

Water, water, water: you know I actually got up this morning and my mouth was stuck together it was so dry Salt and I are such GOOD friends!!
Old 01-19-2015, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

One thing that I have learned when it comes to toothache, is that everything else suffers.
I am making it my goal this week to rise above that. I have endured tooth pain before. I have endured childbirth. I have endured the pain of a heart attack.

I can do this!

Water through a straw until the extraction.
Soups and soft foods

Walking when I can.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, Clove Oil is an amazing natural product.

Rubbed directly on the tooth and surrounding gum. It has numbed abscesses for me before.

It is a fantastic topical analgesic and has antibacterial properties as well. I am not sure if you have any contraindications to using it, but if not, give it a try. I found it fantastic.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa - glad you have a plan! I also find is challenging when my partner has snacks in the house. I want to eat them toooooo

He's going out of town for 10 days and I am looking forward to cleaning my house, dancing around my living room, exercising EVERY DAY for and HOUR or more, and eating really clean. It's easier when I'm on my own, so I will take advantage

My weight has stalled out the past five days and so I'm looking to kick things up a notch this week. I will persevere!

Originally Posted by simplybea
Annette, Clove Oil is an amazing natural product.
Rubbed directly on the tooth and surrounding gum. It has numbed abscesses for me before.
It is a fantastic topical analgesic and has antibacterial properties as well. I am not sure if you have any contraindications to using it, but if not, give it a try. I found it fantastic.
I second clove oil! It tastes awful and wears off faster than pharmaceuticals but it totally works. I had two abscessed wisdom teeth removed last month and that's what I was using to help with the pain.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa - your quote is so perfect. we must be thinking alike, I actually posted this yesterday - same quote to my facebook page. With cheating Sat night put my weight up , I was determined yesterday to be extra good and I kept chanting that I will thank myself later. I also drank lots of water yesterday to help flush out the extra sodium.

I hope you get feeling better Annette, but you have been through worse as you said - lol

Bea- I'm with you with the water!

So glad everyone else is looking to make this a great week. Hope everyone has a healthy Monday!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Nice quote. I'm getting off to a late start but will be jumping back in. I'm recovering from a bad weekend. I baked a cheesecake last night and put a hurtin' on it. I even got up during the night to visit the ghost and get more cheesecake.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

1) water... lotsa water. 100 ounces a day
2) fruits and veggies. 3 servings per day
3) workout 3 times
4) be mindful of my eating
5) no visiting the ghost (middle of the night eating)
6) make or fix something
Old 01-19-2015, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! Seems like we all had the same kind of weekend!

I just finished up and hour of cardio....split it up between the elliptical and the bike. Off to finish up making dinner and plan to hit the hay early tonight.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.