Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Old 01-12-2015, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Everyone has good goals for the week.
Aqua fit: Tuesday and Thursday
Walking: Monday and Wednesday M-Y
Yoga: Friday
Weights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
Rest: Sunday
Lots of water
Calories Under 1200

The scale is slowing down just giving me bits of a pound, not like last week but I am still losing. Some loss is better than no loss.
Debbie, I hope that you can get some relief from your foot pain soon.

Last edited by libby135; 01-12-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie LISTEN to your body!! and for goodness sake modify your exercise ... work from the ankle up with NON-weight bearing exercise. I recommend a stationary bike

You can absolutely burn enough calories without being on your feet! (Ever tried to see how many sit ups you can do before you puke? )

You have the tools and the drive... you won't derail over this, but speaking from injury experience, pushing through real pain (where something is wrong) is only going to make it worse and make the recovery longer
Old 01-12-2015, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone

I was a little discouraged this morning as scale went up instead of down and I thought I had been really good. I started yesterday logging my food, was thinking maybe I could do this without logging, but I am glad I decided to do the log. It hink it really helps me to keep account of what I put in my mouth - lol

tonight will be a big challenge as we are going to a tailgate party for the foot ball game. I am hoping by eating my normal meal before we go that I can resist all temptation - an knwing I would have to log it may help too

Here' s to a great week
Old 01-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
This part of aging sucks! I've accepted the gray hairs that are showing up and the wrinkles that are starting under my eyes. But I can't accept that at 43 my feet hurt so much that I'm in pain sitting on my arse, in front of my computer...I'm not even moving and my toe is aching...BADLY!
I started to fall apart when I hit 40. Shortly there after I hurt my back (trying to lift like a 20 year old at the gym caught up to me). After a series of epidurals I started feeling better. Then it came back. I was debating surgery but luckily buying my motorcycle was the best therapy for my back. I'm not suggesting you go out and buy a "crotch rocket" it probably won't help your toe. As for the gray hair... I can't relate. I've been bald as long as I can remember.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - LOL! Thanks for the comic relief! No I don't think buying a crotch rocket will help Sorry to hear you've suffered such serious back pain tot he point of considering surgery! I've had back issues since my teens, but never to the point of contemplating surgery!

Bea - I do remember you and I doing a crunch challenge last year! You made it much longer than I! I do have a stationary bike and will hop on it after the kids are in bed. I felt sorry for myself when I got home from work and opted to sleep for 30 minutes before cooking dinner...so I missed my window to squeeze in a workout. Guess it's have to be later!

Lynda - Don't let the scale discourage you! The daily fluctuations can sometimes motivate us, but for others it can be discouraging. Maybe weighing once a week would be better for you? I personally just switched to weighing once a week and staying off of it for the rest of the week. Have fun at the game/party tonight!

Libby - Stick to that exercise routine and the scale will move in the right direction! You're doing all the right things!

Lisa - Good job not giving into your craving this morning!! Keep making those good choices! How did the rest of your day go? What did you end up doing for dinner?

Mern - hello! Hope you're having a great day!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Mike No I don't think buying a crotch rocket will help
Depends on whether you use it as a distraction technique!! I could certainly see it's benefit <cough>

<hops on a crotch rocket and rummmmbles away />
Old 01-12-2015, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
Depends on whether you use it as a distraction technique!! I could certainly see it's benefit <cough>

<hops on a crotch rocket and rummmmbles away />
TOO FUNNY! . Oh my!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, so sorry your toe is causing you so much pain and grief! Bea is right. Sometimes trying to work through the pain will only make it worse. I hope the dr can help. Can you believe I am still having problems with that one particular area of my back that gave out last year? Every week when I go grocery shopping and push the heavy cart around the store it starts to hurt and I get afraid it's going to pop out right there in the store. It makes me sooo nervous!!!

Lynda, I've found that logging and being honest with the calories going into my mouth is the only way to stay on track. I have to weigh, measure and log everything, or it gets away from me in a heartbeat. hope you have fun at the tailgate party!

Libby, keep at it. Those fractions of lbs keep adding up to a substantial loss over time. Keep up the good work.

Tonight I watched my daughter make a s'mores and I want some soooo bad! I went over on dinner. I had 2 servings of turkey taco pasta instead of just 1 cup. Being a really good cook is kind of a curse. lol I did have oatmeal for a late lunch and it was super good.

I'm still feeling hungry though from dinner, which I shouldn't be b/c 2 cups is a lot of food. I've already gone over my calorie goal without any big slip ups (except for too much dinner), and all I have left on my plan for the day is an Atkins w/ milk. Those hershey's bars and marshmallows are calling me. will try to be strong. Don't know if I can hold out.

have a good night all!

*Update. I failed. It wasn't the hershey's or the marshmallows. It was the drive-thru. a shake. I'm so disgusted with myself. My son and I went out for a bit and like an old habit I went right through the drive thru on our way. I get to the window to pay and to my horror it's the SAME girl that always takes my order when I get a shake. I was mortified it was her again, and I think how badly she must be judging the fat woman who keeps getting shakes. I'm angry, sad, I let myself down. i don't know why I so automatically did it. I didn't even put up a fight with myself. It's like I just gave up. I know tomorrow is a new day with a new start, though I can't even see a glimmer of light down the dark tunnel ahead of me. I hope tomorrow is a more positive day for me with more inner strength and determination.

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 01-12-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all I didn't manage the extra cardio last night, but that's okay since I did get in my morning workout. We ended up trying to get my son's room back together (after painting it over the weekend) so he could sleep in his room. It took longer than we thought and we didn't even finish! We did get the bed back in order so he could sleep in there, but by the time we finished and the kids were tucked in, it was almost 9...I get up at 5 am so starting a workout at 9 is not a good idea. There's always today! I'm going to skip my regular workout since it involves too many things that will bother my foot. Instead, I'll opt for the bike!

Lisa - Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday. I hope today is a better day!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Today is a new day. .75c of taco pasta for breakfast. Planning on having oatmeal for a late lunch, don't know what yet for dinner, and an atkins w/ milk sometime before bed. I'm going to try to keep in the front of my mind the huge disappointment I felt in myself yesterday to keep today in check.

today is my day of redemption to myself. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.