Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-06-2015, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, come back when ever you can. Just know that you are welcome here any time. Most of us detach when we are at the bottom but that is when we need to reach out for help. I hope you find the help that you need. Hugs to you.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all!

As predicted, I'm sore today from yesterday's 30 min. core cardio workout and 50 min. elliptical session. On the plus side, it's a good sore not an injured sore which is what began my derailment last summer which lead me to gain the weight back. I'm going to try to listen to my body and hopefully avoid injury this time. I was up before work this morning and got in a 30 min. arms and shoulders circuit workout. Feels good to be awakening my muscles again!

Libby - I too found weighing daily to be daunting. I thought it would keep me motivated....because it used to...right now I can't handle seeing the daily fluctuations. I am only weighing in on Fridays for now as well. I'm aiming for 1 pound a week, but would be ecstatic with more! Your exercise plan looks good! Glad you had a good day yesterday!

Lisa - Welcome back! As you know, I too was gone for a while. No need to feel bad about it. Many of us have come and gone and come back again. I think this is a supportive community here (when people are acutally posting....the times where everyone disappears at the same time can be somewhat demotivativng...for me at least ) and nobody judges others as we face our own personal struggles and at times, retreat. I'm sorry to hear that you think you may have an eating disorder. I hope you're able to find a therapist that you connect with and trust and that he/she are able to help you. I'm glad you're posting here again even if it's sporadic! Don't feel bad about that...you post when you want to

Hope - Looks like you had a good day yesterday as well! #5 is a tough one eh? I have a mirror in my workout room and this morning I caught myself looking at my reflection with a heavy sigh. I turned around my thoughts and said "good morning beautiful" to myself. Silly as that was, it did make me chuckle and get on with my workout. I think it's human nature to be hard on ourselves, but with practice, maybe we can be a little nicer. Sorry to hear the winter months are tougher for you. With a February trip planned to New Orleans (I think that's where Mike lives?), maybe that will add some warmth to your winter! So jealous!!

Mern - Glad your stoup turned out good! I love me a good hearty stew and I love soup as well! I'll have to look online for some ideas....maybe on the Rachel Ray website?!!?!

Vicki - Your dinner sounds interesting...especially the giner citrus sauce. You shoudl post your recipe in the recipe section! I used to post recipes there....maybe I'll have to start that up again.

Good morning to everyone else!! Wishing us all a great day!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone,

I have successfully managed to gain 4 pounds since yesterday!!
It's temporary, and if I am going to post daily weighins (and I am) I will need to not obsess over the number. I weigh daily anyway, the only sticky point is posting it. I own the number, but will ride out the fluctuations.

Welcome back Lisa!

I think water is the order of the day!

Bea
Old 01-06-2015, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

It's a cold, crisp morning with sunny clear skies and today I started it being thankful for some of the small things. Like sunshine, the owl that lives in our pecan tree and 'hoots' for us mainly at night, toasty microfiber sheets, and the someone or someones who created this website!

Weight this morning: 290.6. Between now and Easter, I have about 4-5 social events like birthday celebrations, planned dinners and such. Now is time for me to rethink strategy for dealing with them to help me stay on my food plan. This weekend is the first one: my daughters birthday meal which she wants to eat out this year. Time to 'suggest' a restaurant with food plan compatible offerings!

My husband found an injured kitten a about 2 weeks ago. He had severe injuries to his tail and face. These meant medicine and detailed surgery. Stitches are now out, his mouth looks almost normal but since part of his tail had to be amputated, his tail is kinda short. He loves cuddling and being groomed.

I'm one of those folks who can eat for any reason or no reason and have been known to make up a few as I go! I have a daughter with schizoaffective disorder and bipolar; my heart goes out to you, Lisa!

I've done loads of self-critizism over the years; probably more than any one else ever did. I worked with a therapist years ago who taught me about negative self-talk and it really does bring us down. Self-esteem is an issue for many of us with weight issues--at least it is for me. I still catch myself doing the negative self-talk at times and have to correct my attitude toward myself.

Here's to a new day with possibilities for growth, change and learning! Vicki
Old 01-06-2015, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Bea - 4 lbs in 1 day is most definitely water weight! Did you happen to drink wine yesterday? That always causes me to retain water for several days! You have thicker skin than I my friend. The fluctuations were getting to me so I'm back to weekly weigh ins. Funny...last year when I was successfully losing, I weighed daily and the fluctuations didn't get to me. Maybe it was because overall I saw a downward trend. For months after my shoulder injury, I only saw an upward trend. Maybe once the scale is moving in the right direction, I'll join back in on the daily weighs.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

I don't drink at all!
Possibly the lasagna I had for supper lol
Old 01-06-2015, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, yeah, usually that huge a regain overnight is water retention. I join you today on upping the water. Good for you for not letting that scale number get you down.

Libby, I've noticed I get cramps around my ribs if my water intake isn't good. I am fairly sodium sensitive--retain water easily. I don't know if getting too little sodium can cause cramping or not. Do you? Way to go on your exercise plans! I'll try today with you on upping my water intake.

Hope, I wish I could PM you a bowl of my chicken and veggie stoup. Tonight's dinner is a stovetop casserole of 80% lean ground beef, cabbage, onion, and diced tomatoes--seasoning will probably be chili powder. What are you cooking today? Very nice job on your Monday goal achievements!

Debbie, kudos on your calories and exercise yesterday and on awakening those muscles today. Rachel Ray does have some recipes for soups, stews and stoups at http://www.rachaelray.com/2014/12/7-...by-rachael-ray. I haven't tried any of hers yet. I tend to make my soups and stoups by "dump and taste method" with whatever I have on hand but I'm sure a lot of our group members do that. It's wonderful to come up with new ideas from recipe websites. Boredom from same old, same old foods is what causes me to go off track most often, so I truly thank you for the links you gave me yesterday. It's a productive thing to do with my ME time.

Lisa, welcome back and thanks for letting us know who you are. Oh, honey, I applaud you for your plan to seek a therapist. There are likely many of us who could benefit from that. Do your meds help with the disorders other than the eating? I certainly can empathize with the Binge-Repent-Repeat eating disorder. Luckily, though, mine isn't 365 days a year, but in times I fall off the wagon due to holidays or lack of motivation and then I quit posting for a while--which is exactly when I need to post the most. Go figure! I hope your return affords you much support from our group.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki - I love your positive post and outlook! It's easy to take the small things for granted and it's a good reminder to take notice of them. What a lucky cat to have stumbled upon you and your husband and how wonderful that you help that dear creature. So sweet that he is paying you back with cuddles One more thing...I want an owl to live in my tree!!! How cute! My 7 yo daughter just asked me the other day if I've ever seen an owl in 'real life' and I had to answer no.

Bea - Hope I didn't insult you asking you if you had wine. Mmmmmmmm lasagna! That'll do it too!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

No insults at all!

You'd have to actually call me something insulting to insult me!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki, I started a gratitude journal last week and it is amazing how much more positive I feel counting my many blessings--yes, even the small things like when I ran into rain I didn't expect and just happened to have a Totes unbrella in my purse. Another was being able to treat myself to an extra spatula or cooking spoon from a dollar store to save me hunting and hand washing time in the kitchen while still being able to maintain my standard of living--which usually mandates not buying things I don't really need. I also mentioned inventors and innovators. Oh, golly, I am always so happy when dining out allows me to choose dishes or modify dishes to comply with my way of eating healthfully. Best wishes at your daughter's birthday dinner. Aw, kudos to you and your husband on the kitty rescue. How lucky to be adopted by you! Your sweet encouragement to Lisa touches many of us. Thanks for that.

Debbie, I've lived in this house with our backyard abutted by woods, for almost 44 years and have seen an owl only once that I can recall. But it was in the tree in my front yard and kept me awake all night with its hooting.

Bea, you do a very nice job staggering to the computer to post, wine bottle in hand. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.