Notices

Help please!!!

Old 12-28-2014, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

You're asking if you should go 'on a diet' again after maintaining the weight you lost? It sounds to me like you are maintaining with a wider range of calories than you thought.

Until you actually gain weight, you are maintaining. Because you didn't lose weight when you were eating fewer calories, you're questioning what is going on. Am I understanding that correctly?

You could ask your doctor.

You could try drinking more water.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Help please!!!

Hi all! I really need some insight....

My story:
So, I lost weight over a course of about 10 months eating 1200-1300 daily. I am 5'3, small boned, 18 years old. I upped to around 1400 for a month, and after still loosing I upped from 1400-1800 over the course of about 2 weeks. I have monitored my weight and it has stayed within 3 pound range every morning that I weigh while I have increased. I've been trying to maintain for awhile. Was eating 1700-1900 from August-Nov and maintaining, but with stress slipped to 1500-1700 since about late November. I figured I would have lost a bit of weight but really didn't (a pound or so). Why is this? Should I go back to my pervious calorie amount or will I now gain on that? If so, should I increase all at once or in increments?

I don't "exercise" but do fast paced Vinyasa yoga 3-5 times per week for an hour each time. I am also a college student and walk campus as well as do daily errands, cleaning the house/chores, and walking my dog. Like I said, I don't run, workout, etc. but I don't like to sit.

Any insight? I'm pretty confused!
Old 12-28-2014, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
You're asking if you should go 'on a diet' again after maintaining the weight you lost? It sounds to me like you are maintaining with a wider range of calories than you thought.

Until you actually gain weight, you are maintaining. Because you didn't lose weight when you were eating fewer calories, you're questioning what is going on. Am I understanding that correctly?

You could ask your doctor.

You could try drinking more water.
I'm asking why didn't I loose if i was eating less? Makes me apprehensive to eat more if I didn't.
How would more water help?
Old 12-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

I understand that you're wondering why you didn't lose while you were eating fewer calories. You're still maintaining, so maybe the range of calories for you to maintain is just a pretty wide range.

I suggested drinking water because that is one thing that helps with weight loss. If you are 'holding' water in your body, drinking more water actually helps because it has a kind of diuretic effect. Then you would see the weight loss that you are expecting - because the weight is really 'water weight' at this point.

It seems to me you just want to see that the effect of eating fewer calories is to lose some weight. That probably will happen, if you have been eating fewer calories - once factors like hormones, physical activity, and drinking water have kicked in.