Notices

Weight Loss Buddies

Old 10-28-2014, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Loss Buddies

I think losing weight with a buddy has always been easier for me. I think it just help to be able to tell someone your successes and failures. The thing is I feel like it's hard to find a weight loss buddy that has similar weight and goals. Tumblr put out a pretty good weight loss buddy registry if you will so I tried that and I really liked it! There's also this site: The Journey They do things a little differently. Instead of e-mail you direct message through their site and they do the matching for you so that's cool. I recommend both places to anyone looking for a buddy!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 10-28-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 10-28-2014, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

I had weight loss buddies once when I was a member of iVillage. We are still friends and still all three struggling with weight.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

What is iVillage? I don't believe I've ever heard of that. I have had so many buddies but I always seem to lose touch with them. It's so frustrating!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

It is a forum aimed at parents.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Even the two buddies I was matched with, we did lose touch for a while. Our lives went in different directions. Long distance friendships are so much harder.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

A University of Vermont study found that online weight-loss buddies help you keep the weight off. Losing weight with online buddy is more fun and more challenging. I share my own experience to my buddy and same with him. We compare our techniques and ideas and at the same time we achieve our weight goal together. We also share products that we use such as: weight loss supplements, body wraps and what kind of equipment.