Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!! >

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Old 10-16-2014, 04:27 AM
Banned

I saw salmon and cashews posted...I love both...I have to take a few cashews out of the can or I'm in trouble..i could eat a whole can

Bea welcome back!

Libby hope ur #'s improve quickly

Stretching is something I need to get in daily or few times a week.I hear
this is sooo good!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Annette: It's always good to really check something out before changing a goal, so I think it's fine that you had one less burger. The sauces really do wreak havoc, and I'm always surprised at how much salt is in a fast-food burger bun, even a whole wheat bun. Mmm, sweet potato fries...

Libby: Geez, when it rains in pours on you You know that a lot of this has to do with the sciatica though, so I'm hopeful that it will all clear up for you at once too when you start working out. Big hugs for you. You can do it!

Jenai: Good job! You SHOULD be proud of yourself. And yeah, I'm really hoping to get in those workouts over break, particularly because of the wedding at the end of fall break! I'll need to store up some good karma and metabolism before I go nosh on Italian food

Debbie: I squeezed in a baby workout last night even though I was dead on my feet. Looking forward to a longer one today. DH works late, so I get the house to myself, which I always prefer when working out. I'm jealous of my own fall break, haha, I can't even imagine a whole week off in the fall. I'm used to Spring break, but the fall thing is a new one on me. Smart to change your goal back. Hopefully it'll re-set the karma and get the weight going back down

As for me: Hi everyone!

Sorry to post Wednesday stuff so late, I had a really crazy morning. Endless student parade (they had an exam today, haha) and a lot of folks freaking out before Fall Break.

My day is going good, though. I have exams and a packet of 22 in-class worksheets to grade but that is IT for the long break! That feels really good. I'm going to get the quicker in-class worksheets done first this afternoon/this evening before I start to work on the exams, but I am so excited to have kept up with my work goals this week.

My dept. chair added in a new Fall Break goal - a budget list - but I'm actually excited to do that in a weird way, because our Dean is open to the idea that I will need my own budget line for classes. This is totally doable if I get all my other work done by the beginning of break!

Week Goals:
1) Calories under 1500 daily, log EVERYTHING M: 1,302 T: 1,061 W: 1,378
2) Exercise 3-4x M: no T: no W: only 20 mins
3) Water 64+ oz daily M: yes T: yes - so much water! W: yes
4) Protein at least 25% of daily calories (I am upping my protein goal!) M: 22% T: 31% (yahoo!) W: 19%, yuck
5) Take my measurements on Friday when I do the weekly weigh-in
6) Enjoy a non-scale victory every day and write about it M: I didn't snack when I really, really, really wanted to - I chugged water T: I drank so much water, you guys, haha! W: I had what felt like a really indulgent dinner and still stayed under cal goal! Th: One of my students today told me that it "looked like I had lost weight" -- that's flattering!!

Work Goals
1) All quizzes graded by Tuesday night, non-negotiable M: Graded for 1 class - but the biggest class, so that's a big chunk done T: YES, DONE!
2) Get paper revisions, intro, and poster stuff done this week so that next week I can work on fiddling with poster M: Worked on paper revision and sent it back to student - big piece done! Also worked on some poster stuff, but not all Th: FINISHED AND SUBMITTED paper revision, oh yes!
3) Try to get exam graded by Friday (ideal situation)
4) All candidates "graded" by Tuesday night, non-negotiable T: Finished at 10:30 Tues night!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Oh my! That sounds like I have been partaking of the all-you-can-eat burgers. It's single patty, hold the bacon.
I checked the sodium count and it is well within reason for my sodium count. The problem is that it spikes my blood sugar.

I just burned about 1055 calories doing yard work. I am done for the day. Need rest and rejuvenation. Munched on raw cabbage and drank my water.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Greetings, especially to all the newer gals and guys! Thanks for posting about your challenges and successes--they encourage the rest of us--and by that I really mean me!

My weight is down 3 more pounds--wonderful! Wanted a 4 pound loss but I'll take losing 3 any day over gaining 3!

Today was CSA day and we got fresh cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, bell peppers and satsumas. for those who don't know, satsumas are Louisiana's version of a cross between tangerine and mandarin orange. They can either be sweet or tart like a kumquat and either green like a lime or yellowish-orange in color. Think I'll do a big salad for supper.

It's getting cooler in the South and yesterday I made a huge pot of Quick Chili. I was amazed--it was delish, very simple to make and totally within my food plan. I'll post the recipe on here in the 'Recipe' section. Vicki
Old 10-16-2014, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

I made a really delicious and healthy dinner tonight. Paprika coated chicken thighs, onion, mushrooms, garlic, carrots and potatoes, thyme, some white wine with flour and chicken stock. It was really flavorful and super delicious. It didn't hit my calorie count all that much and was really satisfying.

I am finishing the day a tad higher than my goal for the day, but still ending up in the upper end of my "lose range" and the lower end of my "maintain range", so I may or may not lose from today. Either way I am good with it. I indulged in a regular size candy bar. Today I am visited by our good friend Flo, and I was super craving a candy bar. All is well, and I'm not mad at myself for it.

I am doing light years better than I had been for the past 4 months, (to the tune of about 1500 calories a day less), and I'm really happy with my readjusting to it. And the scale is going down!!! I'm sure some of it is water weight, but I'm glad to get rid of it regardless of what kind of weight it is. These 20 lbs I put back on over the past several months are really having an affect on me. It's been difficult to get up the stairs again.

Terri, thanks for always encouraging me...even when I was down. So glad for you that you've kept up with your work goals and you can have more time to enjoy your break.

Annette, way to go on the massive calorie burn!!!

Vicki, congrats on the 3 lbs! That's awesome!

Libby, I love cashews too, but I get in trouble with them because their calories are so high. Thought about getting some this weekend, but passed up the aisle, and that's probably for the best. It might be good to compare the next day's weight because then you can see a pattern on how certain foods and calorie counts affect your efforts.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie! Thanks for asking. No more candida diet. I bit the bullet and took the meds and they seemed to have worked.

Annette, the more water I drink, the less I eat. I also find drinking lots of water helps me lose weight. Gotta force myself to do it though. Not that I don't like water, I just don't drink much at a time. My family makes fun of my lilted sips. Sometimes DH says Chug! Chug! Chug! like we're at a bar but it's just water.

Becca, salmon is GOOD. Cashews are good, in moderation, hard to stop though. I measure out amounts. For me, stretching is necessary. And I am gonna go do it now.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

1) Stop eating everything I want just because I want it - Y, Y, Y
2) Stretch daily - Y, Y, Y
3) When I get over this head cold, walk or back to the gym -N, N, but I will since I now feel better and it stopped pouring here.
4) DRINK MORE WATER Y, Y, Y
Old 10-17-2014, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

I only have time for a very quick goals check-in this morning, but HUGS to everyone and happy Friday!!!!! 175.4 this morning. I must break that 175 plateau!

Week Goals:
1) Calories under 1500 daily, log EVERYTHING M: 1,302 T: 1,061 W: 1,378 Th: 1,393
2) Exercise 3-4x M: no T: no W: only 20 mins Th: 40 mins!
3) Water 64+ oz daily M: yes T: yes - so much water! W: yes Th: yes
4) Protein at least 25% of daily calories (I am upping my protein goal!) M: 22% T: 31% (yahoo!) W: 19%, yuck Th: 28% -- close
5) Take my measurements on Friday when I do the weekly weigh-in F: D'oh! I forgot to measure this morning. I will do it this afternoon
6) Enjoy a non-scale victory every day and write about it M: I didn't snack when I really, really, really wanted to - I chugged water T: I drank so much water, you guys, haha! W: I had what felt like a really indulgent dinner and still stayed under cal goal! Th: One of my students today told me that it "looked like I had lost weight" -- that's flattering!!

Work Goals
1) All quizzes graded by Tuesday night, non-negotiable M: Graded for 1 class - but the biggest class, so that's a big chunk done T: YES, DONE!
2) Get paper revisions, intro, and poster stuff done this week so that next week I can work on fiddling with poster M: Worked on paper revision and sent it back to student - big piece done! Also worked on some poster stuff, but not all Th: FINISHED AND SUBMITTED paper revision, oh yes!
3) Try to get exam graded by Friday (ideal situation)
4) All candidates "graded" by Tuesday night, non-negotiable T: Finished at 10:30 Tues night!
Old 10-17-2014, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Raining today, so I can't do the massive amount of yard work.

Instead I am going to head out to our water softener company to get salt. A little grocery shopping on the way home.
If it stops raining by the time I get back, then I will get that fire going again. If not, I can move my piano.

Note to self: pick up a wheelbarrow and a level
Old 10-17-2014, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

I started doing this on Facebook a few days ago and it is wonderful. Instead of planning a week at a time, I do this every day.

Friday List:
1. Burning yard cuttings (rain allowing)
2. Edit chapters
3. Pick up Salt for water softener
4. Dishes
5. Recycle pop bottles
6. Piano practice
7. Laundry
8. Cook dinner
Later I added:
9. Making a pot of turkey soup
10. Mixing up a batch of my flour blend

What really happened:
1. Too much rain
2. Searching a neighbour's yard for a loose mink and setting a trap
3. Helping another neighbour herd one of his ewes back home
4. Call for salt, but daughter called to say she is coming over instead. Try to get there before 5 pm
5. Soup on stove
6. Flour in large bowl waiting for container to dry

Last edited by rainbow24; 10-17-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.