Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, October 6 - October 12 -- Change Your Day Today! >

Motivational Thread, October 6 - October 12 -- Change Your Day Today!

Notices

Motivational Thread, October 6 - October 12 -- Change Your Day Today!

Old 10-11-2014, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

I am finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. The pain is subsiding and I have not been taking the codeine which messes with my head. The weight and the bloated feeling is going away. I hope to be back in the 170's soon.
This is Thanks Giving week end and I was supposed to be cooking the turkey
and hosting a dinner for ten but I cancelled because I didn't think I could manage it and the guys aren't much help. The house needs to be cleaned and I don't have the energy to prepare all the food my self. There will be other times to get together. Have a good week end.

Last edited by libby135; 10-11-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, how exciting to put clothes in the too big pile!

Vicki, what brand of tortillas are they? Enjoy the wedding! Good for you for taking some snacks with you in case you need it.

Libby, I'm glad the pain is easing up a bit. I hope it eases up on you soon. I see why you cancelled your dinner. So many people and preparing house and food all on your own? No way!

Debbie, so glad the scale is cooperating with you!

Libby and Debbie
...Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Yesterday was better than most lately. My calories were still high up there, but I made better decisions, I think. I did break down and make a snack for the family...Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls with a sprinkle of cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar, rolled up with some butter on top. Basically a cheap and easy cinnamon roll. They were very small and I had 2. I made a marvelous sloppy joe recipe by Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman from FoodTV). They were even better than the previous recipe I liked so much. Here's the recipe if you want to try it. I got hungry later in the night, and I had more sloppy joe rather than junk food, which I thought was a big win. I did have a sweet tooth, though, so I had about 2 Tbsp of chocolate chips, which was better than my other thought of going out and getting everyone a McFlurry. Not bad, I don't think! My calorie count was pretty much in my maintain range, so I'm considering yesterday a success.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians up there! I hope it's filled with family and fun (and food you're all happy with )

Jenai: So glad you're feeling better about this week! Woohoo! Pre-prepping your meals is awesome, good job! As for my prize, I think DH and I agreed that I will be getting a new wallet. I need one anyway; we were considering it as a Christmas present for me, but DH has other plans for my Christmas present this year, so new wallet it is! We decided that when I get into a new decade (the 160s) I will get some shoes

Annette: I am excited for the Fall Break I'm hoping to get a lot of work done on the papers/conference presentations I'm working on, but I am also going to get my hair done (definitely something just for me!) and maybe take the opportunity to take a few long walks around if it's not too cold out for me. Maybe take some pictures of my new job campus - it's very pretty where I work. I'll think of something for sure! You're getting some fantastic yard work done - I'm almost jealous because I want a yard to work in (live in an apt. right now) but I'm sure I'll complain about it once I get one, haha! I LOVE a too-big pile, much better than a too-small pile, good for you!

Vickie: I'm curious as to the brand of tortillas too! DH LOVES tortillas so we always have some around and I'd love a healthier option if he'd actually eat them. He doesn't like whole-wheat tortillas, though. I hope you enjoy the wedding!

Libby: So glad to hear you're feeling better, and good on you for cancelling the dinner. You need to be focusing on what you need right now, not on what everyone else needs.

As for me: Friday was pretty good - I ended up grading a lot and finishing up the day-to-day things that add on top of my longer work projects. This weekend is probably going to be busy - and of course, it's gorgeous outside and I want to spend time with DH in the crisp fall weather before it gets too cool for enjoyment. Ugh. Balancing work and life isn't easy for any of us though, right?

Scale was still moving in the right direction this morning -- 175.2 is VERY close to next mini-goal, so I'm excited! This morning had a big breakfast but if I get out and walk, I'll feel better about it. The more I'm thinking about it, the more I want to go to the park or the zoo or something. I'll let you guys know what happens! Happy weekend and keep on keeping on!

Goals for this Week:
1) Log everything; cals under 1500 daily M: 1,350 T: 1,344 W: 927 (oops? I feel like I ate more than this, but this is what the log says) Th: 1,936 F: 1,160
2) Water 64 oz.+ M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes F: No
3) Protein 20% of daily cals or more M: 27% T: 18% W: 27% Th: 18% F: 22%
4) Exercise 3x F: 20 minutes DVD. It's something at least.
5) Dinner is not the biggest meal of the day (or close) M: no T: yes, lunch was W: dinner was, but since my cals were so tiny, I don't feel badly about this Th: Nope! F: Dinner and lunch were the same size
6) Every day, write down one non-scale victory! M: Took the stairs all day at work! T: I have a pair of dress pants that are still wearable for me, but have been noticeably tight. They are still tight, but I can feel myself fitting fully back into them very slowly. It's not such a struggle to wear the right shirt to draw away from their pulling over my lower tummy. W: I was able to put on a couple pairs of pants I haven't been able to button in awhile! They're still too tight, but I could zipper/button them without struggle. Another 10-15 lbs. and I can wear them again! Th: At least I did a workout! Haha. F: DH cooked a SUPER HEALTHY dinner all by himself and said he'd been inspired by me! Awww! (It was a grilled steak salad - the cut of steak he picked was very lean, and he cooked up some green beans and put them in the salad too. No potatoes, no starch, it was delicious!)

Work Goals:
1) Advanced W's DONE this week W: I got a chunk of these done
2) Intro Done this week (ideally by Tuesday) F: I never did get this done, grr
3) Catch-up Grade entering Finished on Monday
4) Job apps by Wednesday T: Got halfway through them, which was agreed upon by the group for today. W: These need to be finished by next Wednesday so we can rank candidates - weekend project!

Overall: I didn't get work done on the conference stuff as I had some catch-up grading to do. I have work to do this weekend with lots of reading job applications and Advanced W papers, but it's okay! Not too shabby.

~Terri
Old 10-11-2014, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Health Goals for the week:
  1. Keep evening meals on track with the divided plate method Mon, Wed & Fri good, Tues & Thurs - no
  2. Drink 2.2-2.7 liters water Mon - yes, Tues - no, Wed, Thurs, Fri - yes
  3. Walk every weekday Mon, Tues Burning as the alternative Wed, Thurs, Fri
  4. Exercise on weekends - I was right, I am so worn out. Muscles are screaming at me.

Other Goals: (it is ok if I don't finish these, but I want to make a big dent in them)
  1. Burn three piles of brush - Wed, Fri, trying to decide what to do Sat
  2. Mow lawn - Back yard done
  3. Edit chapters 5-28
  4. Make 26 scrapbooks - 5 partly done, need to buy stickers
Old 10-12-2014, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

The tortillas are XTREME Wellness by OLe' Mexican Foods.

Here's to all us short gals! I, too, am 5 ft 2 inches!

Annette: I still say you have some awesome goals!

Jenai: Congrats on making healthier choices--I believe every little bit helps. Life gives us many challenges and sometimes we have to re-think our food plan in light of what is going on around us, what is available to us and where we are emotionally in our recovery.

Debbie: I'm so glad you're going down the scale!

Libby: So glad you're feeling better! Hope pain continues to leave you alone!

As for me, the wedding was lovely! The bride was radiant and dressed simply but very tastefully. The groom was handsome (he's my nephew!). They had written their vows and all were impressed. They had plenty of foods I could eat like lean roasted unsalted beef and pork, veggies like pickled okra, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, cucumber, fresh fruit like strawberries, pineapple, grapes, melon balls and diet soda. I did very well--I didn't eat any of the sandwiches, dips, sauces, chips, candy, cookies or cakes! Yeah! What a success! Vicki