Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, September 15th - September 21st! All aboard! >

Motivational Thread, September 15th - September 21st! All aboard!

Notices

Motivational Thread, September 15th - September 21st! All aboard!

Old 09-18-2014, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Jenai: Sorry about the bumpy day and your husband's frustrating news. I've been there before with DH as well and it's absolutely the worst - the unsureness of knowing if work is there from month to month or year to year would drive anyone to the pantry, so good for you for sticking with your guns! The cookies are gone, don't be mad, it could have been worse! I think "better" is better than "perfect" honestly - better means progress, and perfect doesn't exist

Debbie: Loving these quotes - determination and healthy life choices are so key!

As for me:

Guys, I don't even. 176.6 this morning . It seems like so much weight gone in a week. I know I was 178.8 last Friday and then had some sodium bloat, but even through getting rid of the bloat (basically FOUR POUNDS this week), it's over 2 lbs. from last week, and I feel like those 2 lbs. are real weight loss. That's a lot for me at this stage. I'm usually thrilled with a pound. I know I've been eating well and trying to exercise as much as I can, and the part of my brain that I'm fond of is telling me that this is just my hard work catching up with me - but another part of my brain is telling me it's too good to be true. Either that, or clearly this chocolate-for-weight-loss book needs to happen (Yes, I had another piece of chocolate. It's 35 calories. At this point it's an experiment. Today I am NOT going to have chocolate and see what happens, haha!)

Tomorrow I'm heading off for a very long day trip (5-6 hours in a car plus an 8-hour conference) with five of my students (DH is tagging along for the ride, too). Breakfast should be okay and lunch will be provided (I'm informed it's make-your-own tacos!), but dinner will likely be fast food. I'm planning on Wendy's; their ultimate chicken grill is not too bad as far as calories go, but we'll have to see, because I know I've got a student with gluten (celiac disease), nut AND shellfish allergies. She may bring her own dinner, or we may have to find a place that caters to her allergies. I'll keep everyone informed!

1) Rest and recuperate M: Yes, mostly T: big yes W: stressful day, but did the best I could Th: yes, other than the workout
2) Calories below 1500 daily M: 1,335 T: 1,180 W: 1,228 Th: 1,335
3) Eat mindfully when I do eat M: yes T: yes, with a mindful snack, even W: yes Th: yes
4) Workout if I'm feeling better M: coughing too much T: Way too tired W: not yet - but probably Thursday! Th: Yes, 20 minute high-intensity workout
5) Keep meals balanced - dinner is 600 calories or less M: No - dinner was 695 T: yes, dinner was ~350 calories, then a snack later W: dinner was 650 - close Th: Dinner was 459-ish, right about where I want it!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
...the part of my brain that I'm fond of is telling me that this is just my hard work catching up with me - but another part of my brain is telling me it's too good to be true.
LOL! You come out with some funny stuff Terri..."the part of my brain that I'm fond of"! I say listen to that part of your brain! You have been so consistant for weeks on end...I say it is your hard work and determination that's finally paying off! You deserve it!!
Old 09-19-2014, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

I went out for dinner last night and came out just fine. I won't make a habit of it. My daughter and I shared two plates. She took the saltier items and I had a share in two types of veggie plates.

I need to go out shopping later and find raingear because I live in an area the rains 75% of the time. We have summer rain, spring rain, autumn rain, and winter rain with the occasional flurry of wet snow.
  1. Walk 1 mile without resting at the halfway point - 5 days Yes Yes Yes Rain Rain
  2. 1 set of 12 each, 8 exercises for seniors with 4 lb weights - 5 days Yes Yes
  3. Write at least 1 chapter of my book - 3 days
  4. Practice Piano - 5 days Yes Yes
Old 09-19-2014, 07:59 PM
FitDay Member

Today was a bumpy day diet-wise, but I really don't mind completely. I'm getting re-acclimated to logging everything (all the bad, ugly stuff too) and trying to be more mindful and self aware so I can better make changes. I had my day all planned out before hand, but the day did not want to go according to anyone's plan. lol But it's ok. I feel like I'm coming to a corner and ready to make a turn. It might be slow, loooong turn, but I'll make it around.

I'm going to start making a plan for tomorrow.

Terri...congrats on your steady loss!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to share something that happened to me last night. I went to a friend's house for bible study which ended up a visit because her sister dropped off her 3 yr old for the weekend. Her Mom lives in a Nanny suite in the basement. Haven't seen the Mom since her birthday a year ago. She sits across from me and says "you've lost weight, I can tell in the face". Made me feel really good. And she said "you must be doing it slowly and steady". Gave me a sense of satisfaction too knowing I am losing weight eating healthy and exercising when my friend is paying for products to help her lose weight.
Jenn
Old 09-20-2014, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
You must live in the Vancourver area!
Exactly! I found a rain poncho hidden in my hall closet.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn, what a great affirmation that you are succeeding! That must have felt really good to hear.

I'm still hanging in there. Today I don't feel good. Cramping and bloating...that totm.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 09-21-2014, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. My back is feeling a bit better today. It is still painful to go from sitting to standing and back. I am going to see the doctor this week. Because I am less active my weight is stuck within 3 pounds. I don't have a hope in heck of reaching my New Years goal.
Congrats to all who are doing well and hugs to all who are struggling.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:13 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, glad to hear your back is feeling a bit better. I hope the dr. can help you more.

Tough weekend for me. That is all.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss motivational ways to stay on track in losing weight

Ways to stay on track :
1. Have a lot of sex.
2. Chart your progress.
3. Face you reflection.
4. Get rubbed.
5. Join group exercise daily.

These are some of the ways to get motivated yourself nad don't lose hope to weightlessness. have a great day ..