Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!! >

Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Old 08-31-2014, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Default Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Hi everyone!

I know a lot won't be posting until Tuesday after Labor Day weekend is over, but I'm startin' up there here thread anyway!

My goals -

1) Eat mindfully
2) Log daily/weekly calories - aim for under 1,500 daily
3) Protein 20%+ of daily calories
4) 64+ oz. of water daily
5) Cardio 3-4x
6) Strength training Monday night
7) Weight in daily and post

Keeping my goals basically the same - adding a pie-in-the-sky fourth day of cardio to my week and putting in a specific goal for the strength training DVD (tonight!!!!) to see if that helps me get it in because I haven't the past couple of weeks. It may make me retain water with muscle soreness, but that's okay, I'll make sure I take some ibuprofin.

Good luck and good spirits everyone!

~Terri
Old 09-01-2014, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, thanks for starting!! Good luck with the cardio and strength training. Let us know how it goes.

Goals:
1) Don't eat so carby
2) Don't be so crabby
3) 6 glasses of water
4) meditate (help with goal 2?)
5) walk or gym 3x this week
6) espagnol por favor
7) Fitday and FB only before and after work
8) plan meals
9) read for class
10) no food or very light healthy snack after 8pm

Starting weight now: 136.2 (water weight from Asian food and binge; I was 135 yesterday)
mini goal: 134 by week's end

Last edited by canary52; 09-01-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Eating plan:
Breakfast:
sausage and egg whites -yes
berries -yes
Snack:
nuts or nut butter and apple - nuts and plum
Lunch:
tuna and salad on low carb wrap -yes
Snack:
cheese stick or hummus and carrots - both, plus a little goat cheese and two veg dumplings ( with friends)
Dinner:
Grilled Salmon - yes and a drumstick
veg (brussel sprouts?) - yes and half a corn and cole slaw
fruit

If we get together with friends, dinner might be different though I would like to exert SOME self control

Last edited by canary52; 09-01-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all!! I'm here for another week of fun on the fitday motivation thread

Terri - Thanks for starting us out again this week. You've got some good goals going on this week. You've been doing so well! Keep at it!!

Hope - Nice to see you back! Love the 'don't be so crabby' goal. That most definitely should be one of my goals too! Or maybe mine should be 'be like a duck' and let hurtful/irritating comments just roll off me Enjoy your dinner with friends tonight!

I don't have specific goals this week. With it being the first week back to school/work, I'm just going to do my best to eat well and exercise more. Once we're back into the swing of things next week, I'll start carving out a more serious plan.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

It is the start of a new month, so I have lots to post. I know this is weekly, but I want to give a snapshot of the month.

Snapshot of September:
My life is about to get busy and I have to keep up the heart healthy diet. I guess it is a good thing I have two crock pots.
More doctor appointments. I am glad that the first one is with a doctor that eases my mind. He will help me work through anything, physically or emotionally. He listens to what I have to say rather than apply symptoms to me that I am not having. I don't trust my GP at all, the Cardiologist is still on trial, but my Naturopath helps me make sense of what the others have to say. Then again, I trust my Chiropractor as well. He just doesn't have time to give me more than fleeting advice, but what he does say is worth listening to.
I begin an online Chronic Disease Self-Management course on the second Monday of Sept. So far, I am not sure I fit in with the group. Most of the others are dealing with pain, I don't have ongoing pain. Well, not officially. I have carpal tunnel and wear orthotics to counter some of my foot issues.

So for September my goals are:
• To walk at least 3 days a week
• begin an at-home routine to build my core muscles (start with 1 day a week and hopefully increase that through the month)
• Continue to develop dinner recipes that meet my low-sodium, low-sugar, healthy fat requirements, while catering to my family's food idiosyncrasies.
• Prepare for a sugar-free English High Tea on the 20th.
New checklist:
1. Finish writing A Taste of Wormwood so I can put my brain to work on some piece of fluff.
2. The company I hired to do our lawn haven't showed, so its time for me to kick into gear
Looking back at August:
I think my cooking is too good, but on the bright side, I have lost 14.75 inches since July 14, and 14.2 lbs since July 3.
This week:
Monday - Fish, Chips, and Coleslaw - The fish and chips will be done in the oven, not in oil.
Tuesday - Chicken - I think chicken chowmein and chicken chop suey
Wednesday - Pizza Night (Homemade Pizza for me)
Thursday - Pork chops with applesauce (homemade no sugar), baked potatoes, roasted cabbage and carrots.
Friday - Fish - Not sure how to cook it yet.
Saturday - Oven chicken with coleslaw and roasted potatoes.
Sunday - I have a pot luck lunch, so I will bring three salads. Bean salad, quinoa salad, and coleslaw. For dinner, I will try beef with black bean sauce again. I'll change the recipe slightly to see if dh will accept it. If not, I'll reserve that recipe for lunches only.
Three walks - Two core workouts
Fill my water jug every day.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Don't eat so carby - better
2) Don't be so crabby - yes
3) 6 glasses of water - no
4) meditate (help with goal 2?) -yes
5) walk or gym 3x this week - no, too muggy
6) espagnol por favor - no, trouble with Rosetta
7) Fitday and FB only before and after work - um, no
8) plan meals - yes
9) read for class -yes
10) no food or very light healthy snack after 8pm - some fruit
Old 09-01-2014, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Plan for 9/2/114
Breakfast:
Oatmeal and berries
Snack:
yogurt and sunflower seeds
Lunch:
chicken drumstick, 1/2 corn on cob, 1/2 c. cole slaw
Snack: apple and nut butter or nuts and fruit
Dinner:
homemade shrimp and broccoli
Snack ( optional) half a paleo cupcake
Old 09-01-2014, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, I wish you luck in controlling your moods. My naturopath has a pill for that. Non-addictive and all-natural.

I had a bad day today. Only half my water intake. I forgot to eat lunch and dinner was a bust.
I bought salad, cold cuts, cheese, and buns for the family. I had three slices of swiss cheese, multigrain rolls, with lots of lettuce and tomato.

The bright side - I remembered my meds.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Hope: Good to see you back - as always, I love your goals! It's I see more blue than red, so that's a good thing!

Debbie: It's good to see your attitude! Sometime eating well and exercising more is all it takes

Annette: Bad days happen. I don't need to tell you that tomorrow is a new day, you seem to do well picking yourself up and dusting yourself off!

As for me: I had a good day foodwise yesterday, although the scale has been stuck for half a week on basically the same number, so that's frustrating. I also had a frustrating day for work-related reasons, but I am trying to just take a deep breath and shake it off. My new position is tenure-track, so that's more added pressure on me and I am feeling that pressure a little bit. But I know that the only way to release the stress I feel is to DO something about it rather than sit and fret, and so I am trying. Things are slow-going, though. I will be okay.

I did NOT get to my strength workout yesterday. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. It is DH's fault - I needed to do laundry and so I popped it in there before I went to work, all of my workout gear and sports bras etc. were in that load. I asked him to check on it for me because our dryer sucks, and sometimes takes 2-3 times to dry everything. DH is currently not working, and we have no kids or pets. He spends his days writing, doing housework/errands, and/or farting around on the computer. He said he ran it twice, but when I got home, it was still in the dryer and everything was damp. I had to run it again, which meant that we ate dinner before I got to work out (we were both very hungry - my plan had been to come home and immediately work out), and I really can't work out after dinner with that bloated feeling, especially strength workouts. So I didn't get to it. I am mad and trying not to snipe at him about it, because he seemed genuinely upset/confused that the clothes were still damp. Then why didn't you check it? It takes two seconds. GRRRRRRRRR. I'm sure he just forgot. Sigh.

I'll have to switch that to Wednesday. I should do cardio tonight.

Talk with you all later! Happy Tuesday!

Weekly Goals

1) Eat mindfully M: yes, even though I was hungry enough to eat my shoes
2) Log daily/weekly calories - aim for under 1,500 daily M: 1,143
3) Protein 20%+ of daily calories M: 26%
4) 64+ oz. of water daily M: 88 oz.
5) Cardio 3-4x M: no
6) Strength training Monday night M: &*^@%(*&#*@. No. This will have to be Wednesday, now.
7) Weight in daily and post M: yes

~Terri
Old 09-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Banned

I'm back this week... hoping to do really well this week... because guess what I'm headed to VEGAS this w/end...my oh my..... so my week has to be good right???

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.