Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, August 25-31 - Let's finish August Strong!! >

Motivational Thread, August 25-31 - Let's finish August Strong!!

Notices

Motivational Thread, August 25-31 - Let's finish August Strong!!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Had time to skim only Annette's post.

Annette, take care of yourself! Wishing you all the best!

Terri, I just saw that you ate only one chip. Congrats, Superwoman.

I'm here. Horribly off the wagon but haven't given up. One more social function Saturday and I'm done until Thanksgiving except for a couple kiddie birthdays which are not a problem for me.

Congrats to those of you who are doing well and cyber hugs of support to those of you who are struggling.

I'll BE BACK!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Banned

I know I def couldn't eat just 1 chip...I didn't even know that was possible
Old 08-28-2014, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

I have done well this week to lose a pound but tonight I am craving sweets.
I know if I don't give in it will be better for me. Give me strength.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Terri, one single chip?? Wow! You are the queen of self restraint! How nice of your dh to treat you with wine and dinner.

Annette, you've got a lot of cooking challenges ahead of you. Good luck with making everyone happy/healthy!

I'm terribly ashamed of myself. I finally got the courage to step on the scale. I've gained 7 lbs back. Actually, honestly, I thought it was going to be about 5 more than it was, so I was a little surprised. But so ashamed that I've let things get so out of control when I had been doing so very well for quite a long time. I was getting close to a major mini goal that I've been looking forward to, and ever closer to ONEderland. Self Sabotage? Is there something sub-conscious about me my goals? I know my eating out of control has something to do with my inner thinking/feeling, but I can't pinpoint the problem, therefore I can't address it to fix it.

I did have an Atkins/milk last night at about midnight, and it was as good as I remember it. But then after that I was still hungry(?? or just craving food?) and I had oatmeal. My reasoning and justification for that was that oatmeal is a lot healthier than junk food and empty calories. After I ate it I was completely satisfied for once. I was too lazy to get out the Stevia, though, and used regular sugar to sweeten it. And I also didn't measure the raisins. So my plan of best intentions was shot down by laziness.

Need so desperately to fix my inner self, whatever may be wrong, and get back with the program.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, don't worry about it, I was rambling. Glad to see you.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Still here. Have gotten exercise pulling weeds and housework. Doing well on the veggies and fruit (for snacks) but the water intake could be better.
Jenn
Old 08-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Haha, thanks everyone for kudos on my single-chip eating. I felt a little silly after I told the story here, but I appreciate it! It took some restraint, but I did it, and I'm happy I made the choice. I bet you all could do it too!

Debbie: DH is generally a very sweet guy. He can be a pill (can't everyone?) but he's very loving and generous, and it makes me feel lucky. Soon there will probably be less wine and dinner-making as he gets ready to go back to work; his job is very physically demanding and he'll come home tired. I'll probably start doing the lion's share of the cooking again, but that's okay. I've been spoiled long enough! Wine and snacks as a reward makes PERFECT sense. After a bad day all I usually want is a good glass of wine, a cheese tray, and a massage. I've been trying to find another way to reward myself too, but nothing ever seems to stick quite as much as the treats. Bah!

Annette: Eek! Chest pains would have scared me, and I'm glad you told your doctor about them! I hope it's nothing but excitement/anticipation about your book! Envious of your ability to write. Haha, I love your test about the radioactivity. If you bury it, who knows what might grow!

Mern!: Good to see you! Come back soon!

Becca: Ah, I bet you could have eaten only one chip! It was just a decision I made before I grabbed, ONLY ONE! Haha.

Libby: It'll feel better to know you kept that pound of than it will to have a sweet!!

Jenai: I think for most overeaters, or people who struggle with food cravings, or whatever you want to call it, there's always some inner demons to be worked out. The food gets all wrapped up with other stuff, you know? Part of me thinks it's our culture (we eat to celebrate, we eat to console, we eat to live, we're constantly thinking about food) and as soon as there's an association - bam, that food takes on a whole new meaning. And that means what happens to us AFTER we eat takes on a meaning too, like gaining weight. And then you feel bad about yourself, and you feel ugly maybe, or you feel wretched, and you eat to console, and it's just this big cycle of ick. If you've ever read the book "THe Perks of Being A Wallflower" or seen the movie, there's a semi-famous line from it that says "We accept the love we think we deserve" in explanation of why people go into/stay in horrible relationships.

I think that's an insightful line, but I also think that we love ourselves and treat ourselves the way we think we deserve, too, whether or not what we think we deserve is true. And that can be a very sad thing I dunno if that has anything to do with how you're feeling, but the point is, I think you're awesome and you deserve to do what you really want to do - which is hit your goals! And hell girl, I'm lazy at midnight and I'm sure most people are, too. You still made good choices, and you should celebrate what you DID do rather than fuss about what you DIDN'T do. You can do it!

Jenn: Sounds like you're checking most of your boxes! Good work, keep on keeping on!

As for me:

Another lower-than-normal cal day for me yesterday. I also dragged my tired butt to the gym, and while I admit I didn't work out as intensely or quite as long as I normally do (tired tired tired!), I DID IT, even when I didn't want to, and I'm proud of that. I also squeaked down on the scale this morning to 180.2 (from a previous low of 180.4) and hope that it keeps moving in the right direction! I'd love to be in the 170s (even if by the barest of margins) by Sunday, as that's my goal!

Finally got a paycheck today! A lot of it is going to be gobbled up on bills/things we've been needing to buy soon, but for the moment I'm going to enjoy seeing more than $50 in my checking account, haha! Switching jobs is a pain. Happy Friday everyone, keep strong over the weekend!!

Weekly Goals
1) Water intake 64 oz+ daily (post number) M: No, Roughly 40 oz. T: yes, 72 oz. W: just squeaked in 64 oz. Th: 80 oz.
2) Calories, post daily numbers and weekly averages. Aiming for under 1500 daily and weekly M: 1,316 (estimated dinner) T: 1,117 W: 1,429 Th: 1,155
3) Workout cardio 3x M: no, got home late T: yes W: no Th: yes
4) Workout strength 1-2x (pick a day that looks good) M: no T: no W: no Th: no
5) Weigh in DAILY and post on the daily thread M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
6) Eat mindfully (while I'm posting calories too, this goal really got to me when I had it, so I'm bringing it back!) M: yes, and this goal helps! T: very yes. W: yes. This goal helped me from making a very bad decision yesterday. Th: yes
7) ADDED GOAL: Protein 20% or more of daily calories M: 20% T: 29%! W: 22% Th: 23%

~Terri
Old 08-28-2014, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Us Canadians are celebrating Labour Day week end. That means some of us have Friday and Monday off work. I am going away for the week end and hope to be enjoying fire works on Sunday night if it doesn't rain. I just hope I can control my diet for the next four days. Have a good one. I won't be posting again till Tuesday.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm off to enjoy the last long weekend of the summer! I'll be back to posting on Tuesday from my desk at work...yuck!
Old 08-29-2014, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

I think the US has a long weekend as well. Actually, our family celebrates by working harder. Farming never quits, especially when it involves animals that Terri, I remember what it was like to live from paycheck to paycheck. Now that we have our own business, it just means longer between those paychecks.

I didn't walk today. My daughter left her vehicle with me for the weekend, along with her daughter. I intend to get that kid out there with a garbage bag to clean out her mom's car. My van needs a good vacuuming after all the recylcing of farm junk. Everything had a layer of shavings, and cobwebs on it.

Tonight's menu will not have changed unless there is tomato in the recipe I had planned, but I don't think so. I only have to cook two different pastas. One with gluten for hubby and ds, one without gluten for granddaughter. DD and I will eat either, although I would prefer a third type that is low sodium. It is all about whether I want to wash that many dishes. I don't own a dishwasher.

Friday —Fish, pasta, roasted broccoli, carrot, onion

I do have to go shopping today. I am out of fruit, other than frozen blueberries and cranberries. Then there are the frozen strawberries and mango, which are both off limits while my granddaughter is here.

Last edited by rainbow24; 08-29-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.