Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong >

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Community
Notices

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Old 08-04-2014, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Hope, Terri, Mern and Mike. I was absent myself last week as things have been stressful at my house. Mom developed leg pain on Fri and is supposed to have an ulcer removed from foot tomorrow at hospital. She's moving around better today so I'm thankful for that!

Tomorrow will probably not be a good day food wise since I don't know how long she is going to be. We have frozen meals in the freezer.

GOALS for the week
1. Drink 6 glasses of water
2. Exercise 3X for 30min
3. Eat sensibly
4. SERENITY NOW

Jenn
Old 08-04-2014, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I've missed you guys. I just came back from a vacation at my Mother in laws cottage. My eating was horrible but I did get a lot of exercise. Fridays weigh in will tell how badly I did. It looks like it's been pretty quiet around here.

Weekly Goal
Drink 6 glasses of water
Eat healthy foods
Exercise for 10 minutes

I am going to take it easy this week to get back into a routine again.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, so sorry about your Mom's foot ulcer. Is that what the leg pain was from? Just do the best you can on your good looking goals. Wishing you SERENITY! And wishing your Mom a speedy recovery.

Libby, kudos on getting in a lot of exercise while on vacation! I just returned to our group so don't know how much "cricket chirping" went on in my absence for like three weeks. Easing back into your routine is a great idea. Best wishes.

I'll probably be at 27 net carbs vs. my target of 25, but my calories, saturated fat, and protein are VERY nicely in line. I'm pleased with my restart today.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

you and everyone here inspire me to keep going!!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

askmare, tell us about yourself. We'd be happy for you to join our group
Old 08-04-2014, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Evening all. I have not had a good day diet wise. I woke up to blessed rain. I just wish it had lasted longer. I have not been doing much diet or non work related projects. I have just felt so exhausted from work. I am going to see about some meal planning. I need to make my granola tomorrow. I am thinking that simple goals is the way to go this week. I will be 60 in December and do not want to weight this much on my b-day. I have a bike that has mostly been setting in the garage unused. I am going to try to ride it 2 times this week. I won't be riding far mostly just up and down the road.
Hello every one and welcome askmare. It is nice to see all the old and new faces here today.

My goals
ride bike twice min.-m-n
drink lots of water-m-y,
eat mindfully- m-n,
post every day.m-y

Nyda
Old 08-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

Hope: Mindful eating helps a lot. Just remembering the word "mindful" helps me a lot! I tend to be a bit of a scatterbrain and I'm very fixated on habits, so if I just stop every once in awhile and go "what am I doing, and why am I doing this?" it helps me a ton. DH and I are also trying to eat at the table, TV off and all of that, rather than on our awesome new couch, and that helps too (even though I still tend to be a fast eater).

Girl, you can vent whenever you feel like it. Twenty-year-olds are tough, and it sounds like you've got your hands full. Hopefully she'll learn a bit of gratitude.

Mern: Happy to be back when you are! I meant to say thank you for the birthday wishes last month. I'm 31 now, oh boy! Sounds like we both 'got away with' a little bad behavior and now need to focus. Congrats on your 15 minutes of walking!

Mike: Uh-oh, we're all back! I like your goals. What property?

Jenn: Sorry to hear about your Mom's foot, ouch!! Just worry about your Mom and you can take care of whatever happens after everything is done with her. I like your goals - anything with the word "Serenity" in it is bound to be a good thing.

Libby: Sometimes doing a new kind of exercise helps even if you didn't eat perfectly. It's good to see you, how was your vacation otherwise?

Nyda: Hi there!! Not sure we've met. I'm Terri! I woke up to rain this morning too, and we definitely needed it around here (maybe not as much as the west coast of the USA, but it had been a few weeks without more than a 10-minute shower or so). Your ideas of meal planning and bike riding sound awesome. I love a good bike ride but haven't done it in years!

askmare: Feel free to join us!!

As for me:

Yesterday went pretty well. I didn't hit my water goal, but I was THINKING about drinking more water and I drank more than I have in the last few weeks (I have a tendency just not to drink much at all - I don't substitute for soda or anything like that, I'll just have like 2 glasses a day if I don't think about it) so that's a good start. I think I can hit the 64 oz. today if I start earlier. The mindful eating was good - I had one small meal, two snacks, and a large meal yesterday and all in all I felt okay about it:

Breakfast - Light English muffin with a pat of butter (It was about 10:30, so maybe brunch?)

Snack - I didn't eat lunch yesterday as I wasn't hungry until about 2:30 - at which time I had three crackers topped with cheddar cheese and an apple

Dinner - DH made dinner - we had baked chicken breast that he had coated in breadcrumbs (no flour) and seasoning, some stuffing and green beans. I went easy on the stuffing and heavy on the green beans (I LOVE green beans - DH blanches them and then sautes them with a pat of butter. Delicious). DH did tell me that he also put a pat of butter on each chicken breast. It was delicious - he's a great cook. There was probably a little more butter than there should have been sort of spread throughout the meal, but it was very satisfying and didn't feel heavy.

Late night snack - A weight Watcher's ice cream bar. The ice cream bar was something I thought good and hard about. I was hungry and we were out of fruit (I need to buy more today) and I felt like I wanted to eat something or I'd go to bed with a growling stomach. It was an extra 150 calories but if I'm being mindful, my body was telling me to eat.

I don't think I went overboard, do you guys? I need to add in more veggies overall but I felt better about this day than I have about food in about two weeks. DH and I are both planning on heading to the gym this afternoon, so I should get my cardio in today! I'm going to shoot for 45 minutes.

Goals
1) Weigh in on M and F M: 184.8
2) Water - at least 64 oz., more is better M: not quite, but better than it has been
3) Eat mindfully. Not going to log yet, but mindfulness helps a lot. M: yes
4) 3x cardio elliptical (30-45 minutes, depending on how I feel): M: no
5) 1x Strength Training DVD (40 minutes) M: no

Worrying about and trying to send good vibes to family back home today - my grandfather (who is in poor health) is going in for cataract surgery and my grandmother (his wife) has been dealing with a bleeding ulcer and is getting some dental work done. I wish I was home to help

Check in with you all later!

~Terri
Old 08-05-2014, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

I already went to the gym and walked a mile today so I updated that part of today. I'll update the rest after the day is done. Seeing that I already completed goal #5, I'll change it to doing it 2 times. I can't go out there every day because it's an hour away, 2 times is doable.

1) walk 6 miles .25, 1.0
2) 3 fruits/veggies per day yes
3) 100 oz water yes
4) workout 3 times yes, yes
5) be productive at the property two times yes

Thanks Mern! How have things been going?

Terri, we recently bought a lot to build a house on. I went out there yesterday and cut it.
This is towards the back of it looking up to the street at the truck. We've been cutting some junk trees and letting them dry out so we can eventually burn them (that's why there is the dead tree)Click to enlarge

This one is from the front looking towards the water at the back.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-05-2014 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

I hope you don't mind if I join in. I need a place to tell people what I am up to. I have a lot to lose, but more to gain, so I hope I will be here a long time.

List of goals for this week, in order of importance:
  1. Walk 4 mornings
  2. Drink 2.2 liters water per day
  3. Keep sodium count under 2300
  4. Create at least one new recipe this week (low sodium, low fat, low sugar)

I see my doctor on Wednesday, the one I trust. I see another doctor that I trust on the 14th. Blood tests and a chest x-ray during that same week. I don't see the cardiologist till August 27, and my GP when I need to get a new prescription for my meds.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rainbow24
I hope you don't mind if I join in. I need a place to tell people what I am up to. I have a lot to lose, but more to gain, so I hope I will be here a long time.

List of goals for this week, in order of importance:
  1. Walk 4 mornings
  2. Drink 2.2 liters water per day
  3. Keep sodium count under 2300
  4. Create at least one new recipe this week (low sodium, low fat, low sugar)

I see my doctor on Wednesday, the one I trust. I see another doctor that I trust on the 14th. Blood tests and a chest x-ray during that same week. I don't see the cardiologist till August 27, and my GP when I need to get a new prescription for my meds.
the more the merrier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.