Notices

Accountability and Motivation Thread - July 21 - 27

Old 07-25-2014, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

Well I wish you and your daughter all the best! Years ago I was out of work and I had the idea to star ,y own catering business. I was going to sell home cooked meals made with whole foods to busy families. Being a working mom, I know how hard it is to put a healthy meal on the table every day. I'm sure it could have been a great business, but I just don't have the entrepreneurial spirit. All the red tape had me second guessing myself...then I got a job again so I dropped my idea.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

Good evening all. I made it through work and did not buy anything today. I got tomorrow off so will finally get the asparagus and onions planted. It has been hot and dry here. The smoke from the fires all around us makes it hard to breath and not good to be working outside..
Debbie I think I got about 10,00 steps in today and lifted about 18 boxes of frozen dough and pushed 11 racks of bread to a different fridge. I get in my weight lifting on days I work.
Hi Margaux always nice to have a new face.
Jenai You go for it girl. This is something you and your daughter will be making many happy memories from. I used to got camping with my mom every summer. We would throw the tent and cooler ext in to a car and take off. Sometimes we would only be gone 9 days, but twice we were gone 17 days.
I have been getting my water in and posting. So far it is a good week
Nyda
Old 07-25-2014, 05:31 PM
FitDay Member

Nyda, you must have one heck of a garden! I'd love to cook with all those kinds of ingredients. Such hard work, but I bet it's gratifying when the harvests are in. And that you for the positive vote!

I've done very well today. I'm way under my calorie goal, which is good because I think it's going to be another sleepless night. It's 10:30pm and I still have a shake/milk, apple with peanut butter and a single serving bag of popcorn on my plan for the day. That should get me through the night.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all. It was not a good day food wise I have a headache that has been going on for 2 days now. I did get my a plants in the ground . That was the good part of the day. I just have not been well for a couple of days. took 2 naps today. I hope I can sleep to night. I have to work closing for the next 2 nights, Will be getting in a lot of exercise. Still not getting in much cardio, But I am getting my yard looking better.
Jenai I posted this a few days ago and then could not find the post. Have you talked to a Doctor about your sleepless nights. After working rotating shift work for 25 years my eternal clock was totally screwed up. I took a half of an ambient sleeping pill on nights I had to work the next day. It is much better now. I still keep some around for those night I need it. But I don't use it very often.I know there are other things more natural that you have tired. So just thinking that you may want to know your options.
Nyda
Old 07-26-2014, 05:36 PM
FitDay Member

Nyda, sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope the headache goes away soon. Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't take sleeping pills.

Where is everyone else today???

I slept A LOT today. I think I needed to recover from the +30 hours I had been awake the other day. That means I haven't been up for a super long time and haven't had too much to eat yet. It was take out night, and I did have 2 tostadas from Taco Hell and I put some sour cream on them. That's all I've had so far. I will probably be up most of the night, so I've got lots of room to have things like atkins/milk, apples/peanut butter, maybe some popcorn. Last night my daughter made caramel apples. She had maybe 1/4 left that she gave to me. I didn't weigh it and I didn't calculate or estimate how much caramel was on there. I just figured it in the same as peanut butter. I figured a little caramel certainly can't be more calories than peanut butter. It was super delicious! This was the first time she made them and she did it alone. She did great.

Hope to hear from some more of you!
Old 07-27-2014, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Is anybody out there?
Old 07-27-2014, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Yes!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

*crickets chirping*