FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Accountability and Motivation Thread - July 21 - 27 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11240-accountability-motivation-thread-july-21-27-a.html)

lildebbieg 07-21-2014 11:56 AM

Laney - Consider it done! ;) First thing tomorrow I'll put something together for the remainder of the week and try to keep it under 10 minutes for at least the first week and keep it at a good starting pace. We'll take it from there and increase when you're ready. I wish I could design something myself, but I'm not able to demonstrate the exercises for you so I can't do that. I'll have to rely on youtube videos so there is someone demonstrating the moves. There's lots of good, solid workouts on youtbue...and best of all it's free!

Jenai - I totally get feeling afraid of reinjury...I'm currently struggling with that myself. These workouts I put up will be a nice pace and require no equipment. Have a look at them and if it looks like something you want to try, great! If not, that's okay too :)

Jenn
- Maybe you would want to join in as well to get ready for your doctors appointment in a month?

Have a great evening all and I'll check back in tomorrow morning!

Mern 07-21-2014 12:31 PM

I'm still here--just busy and haven't had time to log on. Hugs to all. Will try to catch up tomorrow.

JediMindTricks 07-21-2014 05:21 PM

Hi everyone. I didn't stay exactly on plan today. :( I had 4 Birthday Cake Oreos. I had more chicken at dinner than planned and added 1/3 c of mashed potatoes to it. But I still had several things left on my list of food to eat for the day, but I marked most of it off. Normally I'm up until 5 or 6:00am so I eat stuff through the night (that's usually my "day"). But I just now took a melatonin to try to get myself to bed at a normal hour and hopefully sleep through the night. So I ended up at 1800 calories today, which is still higher than what I want. But dinner was just so damned good! Sometimes it's tough being such a fabulous cook. ;)

I don't have tomorrow planned out yet. Hopefully I'll stick to whatever I come up with. Have a good night.

adyndravo1 07-21-2014 06:16 PM

Hello to all. Just a quick check in. I get 8 hours of exercise at work. I left 25 to 32 Pound boxes regularly at work. I walk a bunch. Tomorrow I am Digging out the weeds and stuff in the last bed in my garden. I will finally get my asparagus in the ground with my purple bunching onions and rhubarb.It is hot and smoky a lot of fires here in the north west
Sounds like it would be a lot of fun to to the work outs, but by the time I get off work I am tired and my feet hurt clear to my knees.I am aiming to get the majority of my serious yard work done by the first week of august then I will be doing a lot of bike riding.

Weekly goals
post every day
log my food
drink lots of water
don't work out in the heat and get sick again.

Nyda

lildebbieg 07-22-2014 01:00 AM

Good morning all! Got in my workout this morning before heading to work! I'm happy about that...now anything else I do today is just a bonus since I've already met my commitment for the day :D Exercise is making all the difference again! Should be a good week on the scale and I'm feeling quite confident that I can meet my short term goal by August 4th! Stay tuned! ;)

Laney - I'm going to post the workouts in the Exercise section. that way, if anyone else stumbles onto the site, they may find it easier there rather than it being in our weekly thread. I'll come back here and post a link as soon as it's up.

I encourage everyone to try out these 10 minute workouts! You've got nothing to lose....except a little weight! :p

Have an awesome day all!

lildebbieg 07-22-2014 02:37 AM

For anyone who wants to start incorporating exercise into their day! Click here to follow along!

http://www.greatmindsthinkfit.com/im...Motivation.jpg

jjrudd 07-22-2014 07:54 AM

Thanks for posting that Debbie!

Mern 07-22-2014 08:03 AM

Wishing everyone motivation and success this week.

I've been half on and half off the wagon this week so far. Today has been OK with a fresh tomato omelet for brunch. Tonight's dinner will be baked chicken and baked zucchini and a tossed salad with ranch dressing.

Thursday DH and I are taking a group motorcoach/bus day trip to a big band (swing music from the 1940's) concert about 2 1/2 hours from home. I think I can eat decent at the lunch buffet, but honestly I don't know how much willpower I will have since it's our 43rd wedding anniversary that day. I understand that "dinner" on the way home will be from a stop where we will have enough time to get a take-out meal (more than likely fast food) to eat on the bus on the way back home. I'll aim for a controlled cheat at best.

In any case, I'll be back on the wagon Friday.

lildebbieg 07-22-2014 09:33 AM

Mern - Half off the wagon is better than completely off the wagon! 43 years married! Wow!! I just celebrated my 15th and you're celebrating your 43rd!! Congratulations! I love big band music!!! Sounds like a fun day you and your husband have planned! Enjoy yourself, but keep your goals in mind and get right back at it like planned on Friday. I know you got this this lady...you always do! ;)

Jenn - So glad you like my exercise challenge post! Are you going to do today's workout? I'm just about to cook dinner and then after dinner, I'm getting my workout on!! :cool: LOL! :p

Sure is quiet here today!?!?! Where are my fitday peeps at?!?! :cool:

JediMindTricks 07-22-2014 12:21 PM

Mern, 43 years! Wow!!! Congratulations! I don't think a controlled cheat as you put it would do that much damage to your overall progress. I think you deserve a little decadence on your fun day you have planned.

I've been feeling really terrible today. I took a melatonin for the first time last night. I thought if I went to sleep at a "normal" hour I would get a good night sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to go in the morning. It was awful. it didn't put me to sleep for about an hour. Then I woke up every hour and got out of bed at 1:30am for a while. Went back to bed and slept pretty sound for a couple hours. Woke up at 6:30, 7:30 and got out of bed at 10:00am. But I felt like I hadn't slept a wink. I've been so exhausted all day.

I've been doing so/so today. I had an apple with peanut butter this morning, and an Atkins shake/milk a couple hours later. I went off plan when I had 1 oz of chips. 1 oz is not very many chips, but it's got around 140 calories, so it adds up really fast.

It's dinner time, and I'm not sure what I'm going to make yet. I may take it easy on myself and reheat the frozen leftover lasagna. I probably should before the French bread gets stale and moldy. Ok, that's the plan. I probably won't have much of it though.

I made french onion dip to go with the chips, but I bought myself broccoli to dip. I thought that was a wise choice. Indulging in a little sour cream is way better than adding chips or crackers on top of that. I'm sure I'll have another shake later too.

Ok, I need to get my butt in gear and make something of my day.