FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11208-accountability-motivation-support-7-7-7-13-a.html)

libby135 07-13-2014 03:28 AM

Hi all. DH is working over time again this week end. Last night when he came home he fertilized the lawn while I made supper. We had baked chicken thighs, boiled potatoes and mixed vegetables. When he came in he asked if I would like to go to a movie. We went to see planet of the Apes. I had eaten but he didn't so he had a hot dog, large drink and a chocolate bar while I sat with nothing. When we got home he had the supper that I cooked and went to bed and I ate cookies. :(

Mern 07-13-2014 06:49 AM

I had a good day yesterday: got in plenty of water and didn't log but know from experience my calories and carbs were very nicely under my limits. Got in a baby step of 10 minutes of exercise after my promise of at least 5. Will try to add a minute (or two) per day to build up stamina.

I'm going to look for a different recipe for the low carb zucchini bread. I made a loaf of regular zucchini bread for DH last night and it came out great, but I didn't tell him I used artificial sweetener in it just in case I couldn't resist a controlled cheat. So far I had like a 1/2 inch cube of it, just to make sure it came out well. My next experiment, probably tomorrow, will be low carb baked zucchini fries.

DH and I are going out for dinner tonight and I'm going to try to be really good. I'm toting salad dressing from home. I'm taking a piece of my salvaged-by-microwave low carb zucchini bread (at least it TASTES good) and will have that and some cantaloupe for dessert along with a cup of the restaurant's great coffee.

Libby, oh, honey--you tried to be good. Baked chicken thighs are one of my favorites meats--great job on baking rather than frying.
It's hard at movies, isn't it? Snack deprivation at movies doesn't serve me well, either. If I know ahead of time we're going to a movie, I smuggle in (not allowed to do that) a snack bag containing Hershey Sugar Free Chocolate miniatures and some unsalted almonds because there's nothing at the snack stand that I can eat. Aw, I hope the cookie cheat doesn't show up on the scale.

Debbie, glad to read that you had such a wonderful anniversary dinner. Your food sounds healthful and delicious. Hey, it's creamy mushroom SAUCE, and not your whole meal, so I'll bet you'll be just fine with that indulgence and your scale will be very nice to you. Enjoy your weekend with family. :) Yes, I use unsalted black soybeans--Eden brand that I can find only online and luckily at the same online store from which I buy my low carb protein shake mix, so I order like 12 cans at a time and then get free shipping with my shake mix order. They're like $1.79 a can (US dollars) but so worth it for me. They're organic but I didn't seek them out for that. They're only one net carb per half cup serving and delicious. I've even made low carb baked beans out of them and no one could tell. (Yeah, I'm sneaky sometimes. LOL)

Nyda, I hope you're feeling better today.

Jenai, holy cow! Why were you up all night cleaning and cooking? Insomnia or did you nap too long yesterday after being so tired? You and I both are trying our best to be good today on our food. I was encouraged to find a .4 lb. loss on my scale this morning and I'm claiming it as true. :) What an excellent idea to eat the lasagna minus the noodles on Hungry Girl bread! Thanks for the caution on not over-doing the exercise in view of having to take baby steps. I took your advice. KUDOS on your plan to make treats for the family next weekend and have them fit into your eating plan! OK, yeah, I see you wound up at 1820, but you HAVE TO give yourself credit for such a controlled pizza cheat and for the tuna on the Hungry Girl bread! I hope you had a good rest last night. My crockpot full of soup won't last long, so I'm not going to freeze any. I also like cold soup for a quick lunch or snack on a hot day and this soup is also delicious cold. So easy to make, too!

Mern 07-13-2014 08:52 AM

Dinner plans changed when granddaughter called at 3PM saying she needed a moment's notice fill-in babysitter from 3:30-10:00. We could take great-grandbaby to dinner with us, but it's easier to feed her here with table food I know she'll eat--salmon patty, baked sweet potatoes, and applesauce. I'm starting with a bowl of lentil/black soybean soup and having a salmon patty and tossed salad with ranch. My dessert will be half a peach and a slice of failed but microwave-salvaged low carb zucchini bread. That's my plan and I'm gonna stick to it! :)

JediMindTricks 07-13-2014 01:40 PM

Omg I completely blew my day to shreds. I ate almost 700 calories worth of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. This was not my home made kind, but the kind from the store in the refrigerated section. Surprisingly, 700 calories is really not that much dough. Maybe I calculated it wrong. I don't know. Anyways, today's calories are leaps and bounds over my limit. I had the regular noodles, and they didn't really add a whole lot to the mix as far as calories go. They were not as bad as I thought they were going to be. btw, I made a most amazing lasagna! I never knew I could cook a lasagna like that before. I was always intimidated by them for some reason and never tried.

Since I blew my weekend with all that cookie dough, I don't think it would be a good idea to make home made cookies this week. One day of damage is more than enough.

Also, this morning my scale was up 3 lbs. :confused: I don't know what I did to deserve that, but I hope it leaves as quickly as it showed up. It was really discouraging. This was before the cookie dough and I think I had kind of the "oh, I guess it really doesn't matter" type attitude when I ate the cookie dough.

Libby, I could never go to a movie and not have any soda or popcorn. You've got willpower!

Mern, enjoy your night with the dh and the little one. To answer your question, I have always had weird sleep patterns. My "natural" clock says to sleep in the day and stay awake at night. since it's summer and I don't have many responsibilities with the kids driving back and forth to school, appts, etc., then I am just going with it. It gets more tiring trying to fight my body's patterns and try to sleep like a "normal" person than it's worth.

Mern 07-13-2014 02:47 PM

Jenai, HUGE HUG OF UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORT TO YA on the cookie dough. Been there, done that! And I think you're "a smart cookie" (pun intended ;) ) for putting off making the cookie treats for the family for a while--at least until you're sure you have the willpower to get through with just tasting and not binging. Yes, making yummy lasagna is a lot easier than people think. I was surprised after I did it the first time, too. Could you be retaining excess water from too much sodium? Aw, my heart goes out to you on the sleep problems. I've heard of that where some people's bodies would rather sleep during the day and be awake at night. I have a good friend who does the same thing. To her advantage, she's retired and single with no children or parents to take care of. Wishing you a restful sleep whenever you DO go to bed.

I was just lucky today on food. I made a promise to not eat the sweet potatoes I cooked for DH and great-grandbaby and wound up having about 3.5 ounces by weight. But then had the courage to give up my planned dessert of half a peach and a slice of low carb "failed but salvaged by microwave" zucchini bread. It was pretty much an even trade. :) I can have an evening protein snack 1 1/2-2 hours before bed no matter how late I stay up. My grandson-in-law arrived at 9:30 to pick up the baby and stayed for about 45 minutes, so my evening snack was delayed and I had the courage to have just a cold, leftover salmon patty and one sugar free dark chocolate miniature. But now I can't go to bed to around midnight and I'm getting sleepy.

adyndravo1 07-13-2014 05:30 PM

evening all, i know I was away yesterday. I worked out side for about 4 hours. I
Both of my 8 foot x 16 foot beds were full of grass. The kind with shallow roots. It took me some time. I am feeling better tonight. I am more up but still really not up as much as I would like. The week I am getting my raspberry bed finished and clean up the rest of the garden area. It has been really hot here. It was still 79 degrees at 11 pm. It usually cools down faster then that.. I have to go to work tomorrow. I am going to try very hard to leave all the munches alone.
I see most of us are having good weeks. So far so good. I hope I can sleep tonight. I took a nap after I came in from the garden.

Goals for the week
drink lots of water-m-y,t-y, w-y,t-y,f-y,s-y,s-y
log everything I eat-m-y,t-n,w-n could not stay on computer long.t-f-y,s-n, s-y
Post everyday.-m-y,t-y,w-n, t-y,f-y, s-n, s-y.

talk to you all on Monday. Nyda

libby135 07-13-2014 06:36 PM

Hi all. My calorie count was better today at around 1250. On other days it has averaged about 1450 so today was a low day. I was working on laundry and I didn't get around to baking the brownies yet. I want to get some crushed pecans or chocolate chips to sprinkle on the batter before I bake them. I don't have a food processor to crush the black beans. Could I use my majiic bullet
and how much should I mash them? Has any body make them before? I hope that the guys like them other wise I will be eating them all by myself. Good job on eating out and making good choices. Let's all have a good week.