Notices

Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13

Old 07-12-2014, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I haven't been able to get access to the site this morning...I guess it was down? Anyway, I had a great time last night!! So much fun...and now it's back to business I don't think I'll have time for formal exercise today since I need to clean the house from top to bottom. My inlaws, niece and nephew are coming tomorrow and staying with us until Sunday. So I have a lot of cleaning to do and meal planning as I'll be at work and coming home to a houseful of people to cook for. It should be fun though and the kids are so excited to have their grand parents and cousins coming to stay with us for a few days...and it's a big help to us that we don't have to put the kids in summer camp this week!

Sorry no time for personals...I need to get back to work! LOL! Have a awesome day fitday friends!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

The FitDay website was down for at least a couple hours today. I was so glad when I was able to log on! I really needed to post for accountability.

Debbie how was your anniversary celebration? I want to know what celebratory meal you enjoyed since you had a well-earned pass to eat whatever you wanted.

Jenai, wow, girl, you did it! Cheese ravioli with sauce and ground beef at 489 calories! Well done! Soup's on! OMG, the broth tastes soooo good. My black soybean substitute for the lentils still has a few hours to get as tender as I like. I checked and the beans are absorbing the flavor of that yummy broth. DH likes my idea of dividing the soup in half and putting fresh baby spinach in one half and cooked kale with it's juices in the other half. I saw the picture of the soup--thanks for that.

Nyda, remember to look at each day as a clean slate and a fresh start. I'm so sorry--I understand the depression is such a common problem and that many people do gravitate toward food. My little sister does that. OMG, depression AND migraines! My heart goes out to you! Well, you certainly did have a very nutritious and yummy supper last night.Remember to give yourself credit for all your accomplishments. You did great on water, lots of logging and posting, and getting in 9000 steps yesterday.

OK, so this morning I made myself exercise before allowing myself on the computer. It wasn't a whole lot--but I promised 5 minutes last night and accomplished 10. Probaby could have done more, but I did get my heart rate up. I'll make a mini-promise of adding one minute per day and see if I can do more. Baby steps, I know, but that's how I roll sometimes. I may even try to get in another 10 minute exercise session later on today.

I'm experimenting in the kitchen still. In addition to cooking the soup today, I just baked a loaf of homemade low carb zucchini bread with zucchini from DH's garden. I'm trying to adapt a full carb recipe. Looks pretty still in the glass baking dish and my son is looking forward to trying it--I didn't tell him it's low carb--might scare him from trying it. LOL

Tomorrow I'll be experimenting with low carbing a peach crisp recipe because both DH and I bought more peaches yesterday after both of us failed to notice we still had several in the fridge. DH also bought blueberries, not noticing we had a pint in the fridge, so I'll toss maybe a cup of those in with the peaches. (Can you tell our fridge is overstocked?) Instead of the mixture of flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter on top, I'm going to try vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, butter, and ground almonds. We shall see...

I'll share the baked goods recipes if they come out well.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mern please send me the recipe for the zucchini loaf/bread and let us know how it turns out. I didn't think peaches were allowed for low carb because they have a lot of sugar in them? Makes me want to get to a farmers market!

Jenn
Old 07-12-2014, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Bummer! My low carb zucchini bread didn't turn out well. The outside is as dark as I want it to be but it's too wet. I just patted the grated zucchini dry with some paper towels. If I ever try to make it again, then next time I'll grate the zucchini, let it set in a colander for a while, and then wring it out in a clean kitchen towel before adding the other ingredients.

Both DH and I like the flavor and texture, though. Glad I just made one loaf. I was able to salvage it by cutting individual slices and microwaving them on a paper towel covered plate for about a minute on one side and half a minute on the other side.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, sorry the zucchini bread recipe doesn't work well enough to pass on.

You are right about the peaches--on a good low carb day, I can work in just half a fresh peach (almost 8 net carbs for a medium peach) and then I have to be very careful about also eating any low net effective carb pasta or low carb tortilla or flatbread that same day.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, the soup came out absolutely delicious, even with substituting black soybeans for the lentils and kale for the Swiss chard or spinach. I did precook the kale before adding it to the soup because it's not as tender in its raw state as spinach. I gave DH a sample of the soup with the kale first and he liked it so much that he said to just do the whole batch of soup with kale this time, and maybe next time try it with spinach.

Using the canned Eden black soybeans, I cooked it in the crockpot on high for four hours and the beans deliciously absorbed the flavor of the broth. Oh, that thyme in it is wonderful--great seasoning with the beans, tomatoes, and greens. Oops--I just remembered I have to hunt for the bay leaf and remove it.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, I'm so glad you were able to modify the soup and that you and your hubby both liked it! I thought the broth was really good too. It made so much though that I put a whole big ziploc freezer bag full in the freezer for another time. Sorry that your bread didn't turn out the way you hoped. Are you going to try it again with some changes? You're doing good to be exercising at all! Baby steps is good. You don't want to over do it and hurt yourself. Do challenge yourself though. (I should listen to my own words!)

Debbie, happy you and dh had a great time! Enjoy your guests and we'll see you again when you can come up for air.

Nyda, how are you feeling? Is your migraine doing any better? Are you still feeling down, or have you improved at all? You've got lots of support here. Thinking of you and your struggles, and I hope you are doing better.

Today has been pretty good. Weekends are usually the hardest for me. I'm trying my best to keep those in check. I have my day planned out, and I hope I can still to it. If I do I'll be at 1640 for the day. I little higher than I'd like, but not a complete failure like some weekends. We had take out tonight. I bought a pizza from the grocery store deli (not from the frozen food aisle, from the deli. They are fresh and you bake them at home. They are way better than chain pizzas like Pizza Hut or Dominos). While it was baking I made a can of tuna (2.6 oz of tuna with 2 Tbsp of mayo and 1 big Tbsp of relish) and made 2 sandwiches on Hungry Girl bread. When the pizza was done baking I cut it into 8 slices and then had 1/2 of a slice. Just enough to satisfy the craving, but not enough to add up a ton of calories. I was proud of myself for that win.

I'm hoping to keep things in check all weekend. Next week will be a big challenge for me because I was going to bake choc chip cookies for the family, and also try a new treat that I hope everyone likes so I don't end up eating the whole pan. I hate it when that happens. I'll have to be on my best behavior next week so I can have a few of the treats fit into my plan and not make my whole week a complete failure. Planning ahead.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I've been getting soooo much done these past few days. I'm loving it. super tired right now though. Think I will go lay down for a little while. Take care everyone!
Old 07-12-2014, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Update: Nope, I didn't stick to my plan. My win of having just a 1/2 pc of pizza was a big fat fail when I went and had the other 1/2. Now I'm going to be at 1820.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

5:30 a.m. and I haven't been to bed yet. Got the tub cleaned, the kitchen done, a (long) blog post written, and I made tonight's dinner. It's in the fridge ready to pop in the oven later. Then I cleaned the kitchen again after my mess. I've been busy.

Tonight will be challenging for me. I made lasagna. It's got a cottage cheese/parmesan layer (instead of ricotta) blended pretty smooth, a meat sauce, bechamel, and mozzarella in between. It's 3 layers with noodles in between of course. That's what will be my biggest downfall...the pasta noodles. Maybe I can just remove the noodles and have all the filling with a Hungry Girl bread.

I'm going to try to be on my best behavior today. No guarantees.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Just popping in quickly to report I'm still on track. Today is my nieces birthday party...should be fun!!! Mern, to answer your question, I have grilled chicken, capellinni pasta with grilled peppers and asparagus. The meal isn't too bad, but its the creamy mushroom sauce it's served with that I think is probably very high in fat, calories and sodium....but it's soooooooo darn good! LOL!

Jenai - Hope you're able to stay away from your lasagna or maybe just have a small portion, enjoy it and move on? I know, easier said than done!

Mern - I've never seen black soybeans? I assume you buy them canned? Gotta try that soup recipe....I love soup!

Have a great day all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.