Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14 >

Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14

Community
Notices

Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14

Old 07-05-2014, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouragement, Mern! The calories were a lot lower than if I had gone to a buffet or even to Panda, but I was still disappointed. Good for you on passing on the cookie! That's excellent!

When I reported my calories for the day I still had 2 things on my meal plan for the day that I hadn't eaten yet. So I decided that tonight I will skip my bedtime Atkins with milk. That takes my calories down to 1588. I feel much better about that. I'm still going to have popcorn though. I have the munchies. I've been having 2 Atkins with a cup of milk each and one regular meal a day with a snack or two. Today, since I had 2 regular meals, I was over my calories because I was still counting in 2 Atkins. I can have 2 of one (either meal or Atkins) and 1 of the other, but I can't have 2 of each.

So I can go to bed tonight feeling much better about my day and looking forward to keeping on track tomorrow. As usual I over-reacted when I just needed to step back and re-evaluate. lol

Have a good Sunday!!!

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 07-05-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default new photo

Debbie I was unable to attach the photo from a previous year but this is as of July 2.
Jenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
010.jpg (87.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-06-2014, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, thanks for YOUR encouragement, too! For breakfast I made a bowl of cinnamon chocolate faux oatmeal (with textured soy veggie protein instead of oatmeal) and boy, oh boy, was it yummy! This would also make a very healthful evening snack since it has protein and fat in it to help curb hunger pangs. Thanks so much for the great recipe! It's just awesome the way you reported all your food before you ate it and then was able to pare down your calories to a quite respectable 1588!

Jenn, great picture of you! Thanks for sharing. I love to know what my pals here look like.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default My 10 1/2 month old great-granddaughter whom I babysit

In the second pic, she's not crying--that's her "isn't that silly and fun?" facial expression that's often followed by clapping her hands just once or twice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
7-4-2014 Pool.jpg (91.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Mern; 07-06-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Love the pics!

Jenn, what a nice picture...you should use it as your avatar!

Mern, such a cute pic of your great-granddaughter!! I love her sticking her tongue out...so cute! Glad to read that you felt proud of yourself...as you should, you've been working so hard!

Jenai, Your determination continues to astound and inspire me! Let me know when you receive the package...I would assume it will be there early this week?

Libby, hope you're having a good weekend!

Have an awesome day fitday friends
Old 07-06-2014, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, thanks for your encouragement and for your sweet words about my great-granddaughter. Ever since the day she was born people have giggled about how often she has her tongue out in her photo ops. She is such a joy in my life.

Wishing you and everyone in our group a lovely Sunday.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, she's adorable!! Great pics!! I'm so glad you were able to adapt my recipe and enjoyed it!

Debbie, I'm so glad that I inspire you. lol, I thought I was being a big whiner lately. haha! Seriously, thank you for the words because it truly is motivating to hear someone say they recognize your efforts. It will carry me a ways. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives! Can't wait!

It's almost dinner time for me and I've only got about 670 calories left in my daily budget for dinner and some night time popcorn I refuse to eat plain popcorn, so it's a little higher at 210. That means I have to squeeze dinner in at about 450 calories to stay at 1450 for the day. I think I can do it. I'll just have the main meat, a veggie and stay away from the starches. (I'll probably make something like potatoes for the family--they love them--but I'll stay away.) We'll see how it goes. I might come on later and cry about how I blew it.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

omg! I did it! I found out the kids weren't going to be home for dinner again, so I had a dilemma on what I was going to make for just me and dh. I had a great idea. We had 5 oz of chicken leftover from last night. Last night I did not cook the chicken in the teriyaki, so it was still a blank canvas. Perfect! I made a quick chicken salad with green onions, finely diced celery, 1/4 c of mayo and generously on the salt and pepper. Instead of bread I put mine on a Hungry Girl Foldit. For something so simple, omg it was sooooo good! AND the best part? The sandwich was only 285 calories total. So I'm under for the day so far! I'm still a little hungry, but at least now I have a little wiggle room for a light snack in a little while.

Soooo happy that I had a good day!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:45 PM
FitDay Member

I had a very bad week end. My calories both Saturday and Sunday ended up to be ridiculously high, probably over 2000 both days. My DS won another gold medal so I made him his favorite meal, breaded baked chicken, scalloped potatoes and sauted vegetables. I ate way too much. Now I can't sleep and it's 2:30 am and pouring rain with lightning. The house is hot and I can't open the windows. The power keeps flickering off so I better go.