Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14 >

Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14

Notices

Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14

Old 07-01-2014, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I gotta try `em out of sheer curiosity.

Mern, you're right, guidelines not laws. (It hey were I'd be under arrest lol.)
Hit paste ahhhh I think that's what I missed.

Mike, Dude, you're here! Mern, where's the whip?
Old 07-01-2014, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

1) Plan meals and stick close to it - plan yes, stick to it:ish, yes and ish
2) Be a stretchy mama - y, y
3) Walk 3x this week - n, y
4) 6 glasses of water, pay attention - ?duhhh, ummm 5
5) You don't have to say it, listen, pay attention - harder than I thought, trying and to DH it goes both ways buddy lol
Old 07-01-2014, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

hello everyone. Just a quick check in. Sam goals as last week. drink lots of water and post everyday. I have been getting my yard in shape this past few days. I finished planting everything but the onion and asparagus. Will work on getting them in the ground the coming week. I have been working outside lifting, bending, shoveling and to morrow mowing.
Have a great day. Nyda
Old 07-02-2014, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Today's menu:

I'm still not in a food rut--just enjoying some faves I have on hand.

Breakfast: zero cholesterol eggs, flaxmeal muffin, almond milk

Snack: protein shake and unsalted sunflower seeds

Lunch: edited to change to rotisserie chicken and spinach low carb quesadilla, 1/2 a fresh peach

Snack: celery with soy nut butter

Dinner: tuna salad, low net effective carb spaghetti with marinara sauce, green beans, black bean brownie

Snack: protein shake, green pepper spread with reduced fat Laughing Cow cheese

Hope, nice report yesterday! -ish is always good. If you still have trouble posting images, maybe someone else can tell you a way that's easier. I don't think Mike's wife will let us wear our dominatrix costumes any more but here's a whip in case Mike gets out of line and gains 75 lbs.

Nyda, like you, I'm finding simple goals are easier for me to live with. With all the manual labor you do, I'll bet you don't even need formal exercise. Your work around your property surely burns a lot of calories!

Last edited by Mern; 07-02-2014 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Nobody wanted to go to the fire works because they had to get up early this morning so I watched the 11:30 news before I went to bed. Today I am going to make some semblance of order out of my sewing room so I can actually sew in there. That means going through lots of boxes of material and putting like things together and having fewer boxes. I am still looking for the material for a jacket that I want to sew. Have a great day.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIEVqFB4WUo
Old 07-02-2014, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, best wishes on organizing your sewing room. Wonderful that you can sew! What kind of jacket do you want to make--material and color/pattern.

Mike, LOL on "Whip it." I'll bet Hope will enjoy that, too.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

It's quiet here today....I can see I'm not the only one who's not feelin' it today! So hard to get back on track when you allow yourself to get off track for a day. Sigh! I don't feel chatty today, but I'm sure I'll be back online tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I know it's hard to get back on track when you've been off for a day, but you've done it before and you can and will do it again--even though it's fun to eat whatever you want on occasion.

I'm doing very well today. Just have been busy--dental appointment this morning, grocery store trip and supervising 10 and 12 year old grandkids in the afternoon. I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying I BABYSIT them. LOL

How's DD doing with her new bike? Getting any easier?

Wishing you a good day and an easier time than you expect getting back in the groove
Old 07-02-2014, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hope was right about the role of the balsamic vinegar in the black bean brownie recipe--it reacts with the baking soda to help the rise. No worry about using the balsamic in that recipe because the flavor is masked by the generous amount of unsweetened cocoa powder. But white or cider vinegar would have the same effect according to this article at Using vinegar in baking | Baking Bites

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.