Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Old 06-24-2014, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Nyda - I completely missed your post what I was posting earlier. Awesome job getting in 10,000 steps and sticking to your goals!! That's a lot of steps!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

It was a grab and go type of day today and my calories were 1453. With all the walking I did I may have burned a few. Let's see what the scale says on Friday. I drank lots of water but no green vegetables unless you count sauer kraut. Pretty good day.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:54 PM
FitDay Member

Evening all. About the vinal flooring I think my sister put it in the home they sold recently and it looked nice and it was nice to walk on. I cloud not get moving today. I got the plants fertilized and the kale in the dehydrtor and got my granola made. I really like this recipe. it is low fat and low sugar. I find I stay on track better if I have this for breackfast.
I am finally staying awake when it is almost time for bed.
Maria welcome always nice to see a new face.

1 drink more water and less soda yes.no,
2 will not buy and eat any type of donuts or cake yes, yes
3 post everyday yes, yes,

Nyda
Old 06-24-2014, 05:24 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, glad you had a good day.

Nyda, what is in your granola? maybe you could post the recipe over in the Food thread.

I am feeling much better today. Almost no more pain in my back. I did Slim & Limber (a 15 minute stretch video) earlier and although I did move a smidge slower than normal, doing the stretches really helped. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to Start It Up.

My calories today are still higher than I would like (1465), but it is a definite improvement over 2185 that I had yesterday! I indulged in a cinnamon raisin bagel this morning that cost me 230. I guess I shouldn't have had that. It was so yummy though!

Going to try to keep it lower tomorrow. We'll see.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai - Glad to hear your back is pretty much back to normal!!! Wish I could say the same about my shoulder. I'm nervous but looking forward to the acupuncture appointment on Saturday. I hope it helps me! As for your calories yesterday, if you're able to lose eating 1400 cals a day, then go for it! As you drop weight, you may end up having to lower your calories to keep the scale moving, but for now there's no need to lower them too much...at least that's my take on it!

Nyda - Please post your granola recipe!

Libby - Glad you had a good day. Since you're calorie cycling, one or two higher cal days shouldn't hurt. Have a look at your average at the end of the week. I've had two low cal days, so today I'm aiming a little higher.

Now for some accountability!
Daily Goals
96 oz. water - Mon. 104 oz., Tues. 96 oz.
40/40/20ish macros (P/C/F) - Mon. 50/38/12, Tues. 44/44/12
Stay under 1200 cals - Mon. 807 cals, Tues. 892 cals.
Burn 500 cals minimum - Mon. 508 cals, Tues. 590 cals.
8 hours of sleep - Mon. 7.5 hours, Tues. 9 hours!!
Weigh in on Mondays - Mon. yes

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

I peaked at the scale this morning and 1453 calories was too much. The scale is showing a gain for the week so I am going to try to keep my calories low for today and tomorrow and see what happens.
Jenai, I am glad that your back is feeling a lot better.
Nyda, post the granola recipe and what do you do with the dried kale?
Debbie, I some times have a nap in the afternoon before I have to make supper. Then I can stay up until 11pm.
My dog has environmental allergies and she scratches and chews her skin and feet. I went to the vet yesterday and got her the meds that she needs every summer and it cost $207.53 just for the meds. DH was not happy about that because he just spent the week end working overtime and it went to the dog.
I ended up munching on pumpkin seeds after he went to bed.
Today I will do better.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

okay..here it is, Wednesday and these 10 hour work days are killing me...was fairly discouraged this past Monday when I got on the scale and was still at the same weight...dropped 1/2 pound in one week...so I guess that's good in some sense. Really didn't do well at all with the exercising last week at all..and I blame myself ..trying to find ways to get motivated!
I figured this week I'd do better and was all gung ho until....well...the woman I was buying the custom hoola hoop from called to tell me she couldn't make our meeting time...bummer...I really love hoola hooping and she has the best ones to use! And..to top matters off, she's 2 hours drive from me, so combine that with the fact that I work 10 hours a day..have to get home immediately after work to let two dogs out who have been trapped in a house for 11 hours...well...I think you see where I'm going with this. So I figured I'd definately get some exercise in Monday night...then.......da daaaa...hubby comes home with a a huge swelled up, red, horrible spider bite, so off to the ER where they performed minor surgery on him, (it was yucky!) and home about 11pm. Last night I was just to pooped...and tonight, back to the dr with him for the follow up...so.......tomorrow night I pack for my trip to see the kids and grandkids in South Florida, drive all day Friday, looks like my week is shot since I KNOW I won't get much time to do anything on the weekend....I'm just really trying to watch my portions this week, watch what I eat and hopefully my every day activities will have to suffice til I get back on track next week....Oh the life of a woman!!!
Will try to post more often cause I REALLY need some motivation here!!! Hope everyone has a great week!

Laney
Current Weight: 139.5 (6/25/14)
Short Term Goal: 132
Long Term Goal: 120-125

Last edited by laney47; 06-25-2014 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Add to signature
Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Laney! I totally understand what it means to have life get in the way of a workout! I think we all have unexpected things thrown our way...right? On days like that, just do the best you can with your food plan. And if you have a day where life derails your workout AND your food plan...there's always the next day. We will achieve our goals if we don't give up, but there will be bumps in the road...maybe even more often than we could possibly plan for....but if we keep making changes long term, we will see results. Also, losing 1/2 a pound in one week is progress! Be proud! Keep doing what you can!!

Hope your hubby is feeling better today! Sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned! Enjoy the time with your kids and grandkids!!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, what the heck do you eat that you have up to 50% protein and only 12% fat? Holy heck! I don't think I could ever get numbers like that! And I really appreciate all your motivational quotes.

Laney, Life does have a habit of getting in the way of our plans sometimes. Just remember that you are just as important as the other stuff!

Libby, I hope you find that sweet spot magic number for yourself. I find that mine changes from time to time, so it gets a little frustrating.

I was finally able to get back to Slim in 6 (Start It Up) tonight. I admit I only did 1/2 way through (got all the standing/aerobic work done). But I didn't want to overdo my back. It held up pretty well! And even though I didn't go completely all out, I still worked up a good sweat.

After a few pretty high calorie days, I managed to keep today a little lower, but I also sacrificed one Atkins shake/milk and have lower protein numbers for it.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

My calories were under 1000 today. I had a headache and didn't get much done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.