Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Old 06-23-2014, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Hope, Jenn, Aimee, Mary, Terri, Mike, Laney, Becca - How's it going?
Going okay. Just SUPER stressed.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

To Mike and every one else, don't worry be happy.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear you're stressed Mike! You should still be basking in the glow of your recent wedding All kidding aside, I hope your stress is aleviated soon....it's no fun being stressed out!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Going okay. Just SUPER stressed.
Whatsamatta, bubbe? Does it have to do with what we were last talking about? (the pix you texted) Don't talk if you don't wanna.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, unfortunately I had more stuffing than I had originally planned. I got myself up to a total of 1900 calories yesterday! Not just from the stuffing, of course, but from nibbling on snacks. You think "just one bite" but then the bites add up to a full meal in calories before you know it. I kind of am beating myself up about it. I know I shouldn't, but I am really disappointed in myself. And I really like your opening quote. I, for one, am VERY tired of starting over, so I will stop giving up!

Bea, I will miss seeing you here while you are gone. Relax, rejuvenate. We'll be here when you decide to come back.

Nyda, I like your goals. Just a few, but they are big, important goals. I'm behind you 100%!

Hope, I was looking at your goals...get rid of 5 papers or 3 things. Are you like me and let clutter get away from you? I had to work super hard to get that under control myself.

Libby, don't want to leave you out...saying hi and wishing you a great week!

For me, my back is still a little tweaked. Honestly, that's the worst my back has ever been out. It's taking forever to heal. I've had soooo much energy and no way to burn it off. I was up until 5:30 a.m. today before I finally fell asleep. Tonight I'm going to press play on my Slim in 6 "start it up" video. I'm not going to go full speed. Definitely not...I'm sure I would re-injure it. I'm going to go slowly through the motions to see how each of the moves feels on my back and to stretch it out more. As I have sat here at my desk I've been stretching it for a couple days, and it's helped a lot. So I'm going to keep stretching tonight by walking myself through the video.

Let's make it a great week, everyone!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Long story short (maybe)... We found a piece of property (2 acres, waterfront lot) to build on. Right now, I'm in the process of doing exterior renovating/repairing to my current house. Which is difficult since I work and it's hotter than hell in southeast Louisiana right now. So that, trying to close on the property and deciding on the house to build is getting the best of me.

How far in advance of building should I list my house? Do I want to risk selling too soon and having to find a pet friendly place to rent until the new house is completed? Do I want to chance it and end up with the house completed while my house is still on the market and get stuck with two house notes??

Besides the financial stresses of it all, I'm driving myself crazy over the other (planning ahead) details like grass, trees, etc.. Flooring... we wanted to do hardwood in the main area and carpet in the rooms (because carpet is cheaper). We've decided against wood because we have 3 dogs (nails and an occasional accident could destroy it). So now I'm researching stained concrete. Driveway... do I really want to set the house 150' back. That big of a driveway would probably run me $15-$20k... I'm guessing. Fence.... what kind of fence? I don't want anything that would obstruct the view of the water. How much is a damn fence going to set me back?? Do I really want to do all this, blah blah blah. I have it all running through my head.

I need to remember one step at a time. I'm a planner, I like to plan ahead and I feel like I'm obsessing over it all now. All of this and I haven't even closed on the property yet!!!

Originally Posted by libby135
To Mike and every one else, don't worry be happy.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Sorry to hear you're stressed Mike! You should still be basking in the glow of your recent wedding All kidding aside, I hope your stress is aleviated soon....it's no fun being stressed out!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by canary52
Whatsamatta, bubbe? Does it have to do with what we were last talking about? (the pix you texted) Don't talk if you don't wanna.
yepper.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-23-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Today was ok. My calories were under 1200 and I will try to get lower tomorrow.

Goals for the week
Calories between 900 and 1400: Y
Drink water - two glasses before every meal and in between meals: Y
More moving and less sitting down: No, I was sitting and sorting out things from a dresser that I want to send to the yard sale.
Eat more greens: No salad today.
Report daily: Y
Lose 1 pound:
Old 06-23-2014, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I have no intention of sounding critical of your nutrition. I would like to know (from a good place of curiosity not criticism) about your calorie intake. I've heard that you shouldn't go under 1200. A month or two ago I was getting really obsessive about my calories and was eating about 900/day most days, 1400 on 1 or 2 others, and my weight loss stopped completely. Is your low calorie intake healthy enough for you? What do you average a day over a week's time?
Old 06-23-2014, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Mon report
1. Eat within carb limit 40 per meal yes
2. 6 glasses of water (gonna be a warm week so this shouldn't be a problem) yes
3. Exercise 4X for 30 min no

Personal goals
1. cut back lawn (it rained)
2. clean out hall closet...not yet

Jenn
Old 06-23-2014, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

I made what I thought was going to be a healthy dinner. Lots of fiber and protein. I guess it did have that, but it also came to 700 calories!!! I made white chicken chili, which consists of northern beans, chicken stock, seasonings, chicken, cheese (I probably overdid it on the cheese), it's supposed to have some sour cream in it to thicken it up and make it creamy, but I didn't have any. So I put in 1 c of half and half with some corn starch in it. I made corn muffins, but as painful as it was I only one with a little bit of butter. Anyways, after doing the math, my dinner came to 700 calories!!! On the good side it came to 42.6g of protein. And I'm at probably an all time high of 28g fiber. So those two things are good. But I'm at freaking 1900 calories again today!!! I admit, I had two bites of leftover orange chicken which was 184 calories. I had popcorn in the middle of the night while I was up until 5:30 this morning which was 210. ugh.

I hope the scale won't punish me too much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.