Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15

Old 06-14-2014, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie - it sounds like we are spending our weekend doing the same thing. I spent 5 hours putting tile in my new suspended ceiling in my laundry room. The tracks had been put up however the room in not straight so cutting the tile and installing it was a pain. Should have burned at least 600 calories. Now to see if I can walk tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Not feeling well today. Many trips to the bathroom. Just resting.
It's evening and I am feeling better. I didn't eat a lot earlier today but made up for it this evening.
Where is every body?

Last edited by libby135; 06-14-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

A whole heck of a lot of temptation going on in this house. My daughter asked me to make chocolate chip cookies for her class. 3 batches of cookies...I ate one cookie. Then it was my brother in law's bday Friday. Made him a cake and haven't eaten a piece all weekend.

I still need to do Day 13 of my Ab Challenge. Will do late tonight when everyone goes to bed.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:20 PM
FitDay Member

Aimee, huge kudos to you for showing such willpower!

Libby, I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope it passes quickly and you're back to yourself again.

Mary, hope you're not too sore tomorrow after all that ceiling work.

Debbie, you've been working so hard on that project! I hope you post pics when it's all done. And you're right...don't throw in the towel!

Hope, I'm glad you found the support you needed. I like the quote too!

Bea, I really feel that all things in moderation is key. You can't deprive yourself always, because that will just lead to binging. Let yourself to eat the things you crave once in a while without guilt, and then move on from there. I bet the chicken wings were good! I haven't had good chicken wings in quite a while...that sounds yummy!

I'm doing ok. I love this group. I think it's a wonderful group, and I'm going to be a fixture here for a long time. A lot of times, though, I wish I had someone to talk to about all this health and nutrition stuff in real time.

I indulged in a single scoop of Culver's ice cream tonight. It was $1/scoop day. They have the most amazing soft serve ever. I got a single scoop of chocolate and tried to enjoy it rather than just gobbling it down. I'm so glad I got it. It hit the spot and it still fit within my calorie range for the day (maybe a smidge over, but not by much). I'm just really proud of myself that I only had one scoop and no fudge sauce on top. I consider that a win!

I didn't exercise yesterday. Most people on Beachbody take Sundays off, but I find that my least energetic day of the week is Friday. I almost skipped today, but at 10:30 tonight I got Slim in 6 done. I was proud of myself!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:21 PM
FitDay Member

Jenai- I know what you mean about real time chats. It does take a bit for the forums esp. if you really need to talk to someone at a single moment. ((hugs)) Congrats on your single scoop at Culvers. Sounds perfect.

I just finished my Day 13 Ab Challenge and am off to bed soon.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all My shoulder is still giving me grief...probably because I'm not resting it as much as I should...kind of hard to rest it when I need to get the laundry room finished We're almost done...the flooring is about 60% down now. Should be finishing up with flooring and moving onto baseboards before end of the day.

Aimee - I admire your perseverance with the ab challenge! I think you may be on your own now unless Bea jumps back in....it's even bother my shoulder to do all the sit ups.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Love this!!! That should be a new quote that makes it's way around the internet!! And how appropriate that your name is Hope!

Sometimes just not giving up is progress. ~~ Hope ~~

I'm still working on that laundry room of ours! I'm hoping to be 95% done by tomorrow so I can get back to 'normal' life This project has shifted me off track once again....but never enough to throw in the towel!
I love that... laundry room, not throwing in the towel...

I was in family project hell seven years ago, bumping out our kitchen. Of course, now I want to sell the place and there's still so much work to do to make it marketable. But hey, the house is over 100 years old. If I were over 100, I might need fixing up too!!

Mary, good luck on your project!!

Libby, feel better!!!

Aimee and Jenai, good control on the temptation!! I think we all need treats not to feel deprived.

My aim: not to deprive or overindulge myself. BALANCE.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

I was looking for some inspirational quote to get us started for a new week....I never dreamed I would find this image. Look at the smile on his little face!! So happy to run!! WOW! What a little inspiration he is!

Hope - "I love that... laundry room, not throwing in the towel"... I didn't even realize what I was writing...so very funny!!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:21 AM
Banned

This week I didn't do so well..... but again...Monday brand new week...Im sticking to better choices this week ..slap me ladies slap me

Hope everybody is enjoying Father's Day!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

I am just beaming with pride today. My son competed in a duathlon with 71 other people and he came home with the gold medal. He has won other medals before but this was the first GOLD. He takes after his daddy, athletic.
I am going to do better this week.
The picture brought tears to my eyes.
Debbie, You have put a lot of work into your new laundry room. Enjoy.
Take care of you shoulder.
Lets all have a great week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.