Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15

Old 06-11-2014, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Calories good today. Still waking up early. Bea - let us know how you are feeling. I hope all is well and it was just the heat.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Aimee: Thanks! I'll try to remember the breaking things up in the future. I tend to want to do it all at once, but I think it really did help in the long run. Awesome job on your Ab challenge AND getting your gym workout in. I know when I have Aunt Flo all I want to do is sit around and eat chips You're very inspiring! Sorry to hear about your financial situation. Working in higher education, I know how hard and frustrating it is. Big pixellated hugs for you.

Jenai: Glad to hear you're feeling better and better, and lol, glad I'm not the only one who sometimes feels the burn in mystery places! I usually assume my form is wrong, but sometimes on certain moves (especially ab moves) I just don't feel it. Don't know if I need to crunch harder or what. Ones where I'm laying on my side and lifting my legs? I always just feel it in the legs, never the abs.

Becca: The scale will forgive you one you forgive yourself Welcome back!

Libby: You have nothing to be disgusted about. It happens. Four days is NOTHING and you will quickly lose what you've gained as long as you want to!

Debbie: I could use a whoosh! Thanks!! I hope you get your washer/dryer back soon, handwashing is a total chore!

Mary: Good job today!

Bea: I agree with Mary, eagerly looking forward to hearing from you again and knowing you're feeling better

As for me:

Cals around 1,450 today, which isn't bad, but isn't great either. It's okay, though! I know tomorrow should be a low-ish day and am looking forward to that. Sometimes you just gotta eat; I was hungry! DH is still feeling really sore in his back and we're trying to use Solarcaine to numb it out, but it doesn't seem to be working very well. Hopefully he learns his lesson. I've found myself sleeping a lot more this week, not sure if I'm catching up from a really active weekend or if I'm just needing a little bit of extra rest.

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of 4,000+ M: -1,281 T: -926 W: -616 Total: -2,823
2) Protein > 20% of intake every day M: 23% T: 23% W: 19%
3) Water 64 oz. or more daily M: yes T: yes W: yes
4) Exercise 6x this week: Turbo schedule M: yes (40 mins cardio) T: yes (40 mins conditioning, 20 mins abs) W: yes (20 mins cardio)
5) Eat veggies with lunch and dinner M: lunch yes, dinner no T: lunch yes, dinner does tomato sauce count? W: lunch yes dinner no
6) Weigh in and report on Friday M-Th: N/A

~Terri
Old 06-11-2014, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Mary, are you having problems sleeping?
Terri...oh I know! Tell me about it! Especially when I do standing ab work like standing side crunches. I feel it on the outside side of my standing leg, not my abs where it's getting crunched at all. A lot of moves are like that. I do them just like she says and shows. Weird. As far as the sleep goes, sometimes we just need a little extra rest.

My calories are high today. over 1600 (!!!) I had a piece of cake, an extra Tbsp of frosting and a big helping of the leftover creamy vegetables I made last night. They've got lite sour cream, some butter, Ritz and shredded cheese in them to make them nice and high in calories. The cream of celery soup was 98% fat free and was pretty low in calories, but all the dairy and crackers really did it. It was a big hit at dinner though. I'm glad my family likes vegetables the way they do.

I really don't think I'm going to show any loss this week come Friday. I'm up a lb and weigh in day is only a day and a half away. I've been staying within my calories all week except over by just 200 today. I don't know why I'm up.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 PM
FitDay Member

Day 10 of Ab Challenge:
50 situps (paused at 25)
50 crunches (paused at 25)
30 leg lifts (paused at 15)
38 sec plank (all at once)

Did 25 min on the super hard open stride elliptical with arms. Shew...That thing is a beast. Then I did 10 min cooldown on reg treadmill walking.

Goals:
1) Drink 5-6 glasses H20 per day (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y
2) Eat 4-5 meals per day (M/Y, T/N, W/Y
3) workout 5x week (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y
4)Do Ab Challenge (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y
5) Lose 1-2 lbs for Friday weigh in

Thanks everyone for kind words about my school funding. Yeah...it sucks. I've been working with the financial aid department and making sure everything is filled out correctly as I'll have to take out a loan...sigh. The certificate won't take too long though- so not terribly expensive as opposed to when I got my bachelor's degree many years ago. Debbie- you'd asked how long? It's 40 credits. I think it will take 2-3 semesters depending on how much course load I take.

My calories have not been very high. I just haven't been hungry. I'm a little depressed about my hiccup there in the road. Just trying to work through it though and not let it affect my exercise routine.

Jenai- the scale is a crazy thing. One day, up and one day down. Hopefully it will tilt for you the way it should Fri.

Terri- yeah. In the past, I've been tempted to lay in bed all day during this thing, but it's kind of odd actually. Since I've been working out through it? I haven't felt the horrible cramps I had normally gotten this time. Weird...

Bea- I hope you're ok???
Old 06-11-2014, 05:53 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, Aimee! You are doing great on the ab challenge and especially on your goals for the week! Try to eat enough that your body is fueled properly for your exercise though.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Feeling motivated today. Jenai - I'm sleeping well - just waking up with the sun then fading out by late afternoon. I'm even considering starting to go to the Y in the morning if the early wake up continues.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

I peeked at the scale this morning and I shouldn't have.

180.0. Exactly where I've been stuck the last three weeks. Extremely frustrating.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I found some online stretches to try on my shoulder and self massaging with a tennis ball and it's feeling a little better today. A few weeks ago when it was bothering me, I went to the chiro and massage therapist and it did help somewhat. However, it's back so I know I need to figure out what I can do to help myself...I can't rely on chiro and massage indefinitely. I'm planning to keep doing the stretches and tennis ball massage on a daily basis and see if that helps. I haven't exercised all week...except for the reno work... I'm hoping to be done the reno this weekend and hopefully my shoulder improves enough that I can get back at it! I know I won't be down this week...but I will NEVER give up!

Terri
- OMG! Your poor husband! In my experience, solarcaine eases the pain for mere seconds....not even minutes!! Have you tried something with cortisone in it? It won't necessarily help the pain, but it will help it heel faster. Also, cool compresses will help the pain temporarily. Tell him to soak a hand towel in water with ice, wring it out and drape it over his back. I'm probably not being very helpful....I'm sure you already know all these things! LOL! Plateaus suck and make it so hard to keep trying. I know all too well! But don't give up....the scale will eventually move!

Mary - I love early morning workouts...not the getting up part...but the getting it over with first thin in the morning part. You may start a new habit!

Aimee - You're doing great on the challenge! I'm keeping up with you on the ab challenge, but no cardio for me this week. Maybe next week!

Jenai - You're probably up from eating too much processed foods and you're retaining water. Canned soup and crackers are both really high in sodium...as I'm sure you already know. Drink lots of water today to shake the water weight and I bet you'll be down tomorrow!

Have a great day all!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Okay.

I took a deep breath and tried to think of things I've noticed that have nothing to do with the scale:

1) That feeling of "lightness" I had for most of the week
2) More strength during exercising - able to balance on one leg, ability to recover faster from high intensity intervals
3) My skin is nicer
4) I am cooking more now that I am focusing on trying to eat healthier foods

My workout today was a hard one to get through because I was feeling very unmotivated (but I DID get through it!!!!). I don't let the scale rule me (see lots of my previous posts) but it's difficult to be doing the right thing and see no number results for near an entire month.

I am trying to think of whatever might be putting me off track and the only thing I can think of is that the weekends are usually involving hamburgers/hot dogs and one or two beers. It could be the beers putting me off-track, even though my weekends have been active (canoeing/hiking). I always need to watch my sodium intake as well, as DH and I did have a (planned) chinese food day this week (I ate steamed dumplings, which as far as chinese food goes is pretty good). I am going to try to keep my day as low-cal and low-sodium today as possible to see if I can get the scale to budge for tomorrow. Need to pick myself up from the little slump. I shouldn't have peeked, haha!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

I put on my big girl panties this morning and am logging all that I eat and drink today. I went for a short walk and didn't have any foot issues so all is well.
It's good to be back to feeling positive again. TY for caring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.