Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15

Old 06-10-2014, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

I think I am going to rest today.

I did lots yesterday and may have overdone it.

I did some lightweight dumbbell work
my ab work
and a walk on the boardwalk last night (where the scare happened)
Not to mention a <cough> High intensity romp <cough> during lunch hour

Anyway, back to the boardwalk........it was HOT!! not breeze to speak of, and in truth I may just gotten very overheated, but when I finished the walk, I was weak, light headed, and apparently slurred in speech when I called my bff to see if she wanted a coffee after.

I know heart attack symptoms are different in women and am consciously aware of it when I am working out.

When I got to my friends I was ok in about an hour other than being bone weary tired... I know that can also be heat stroke, but these are also signs of imminent heart trouble.

I'm going to see how the day progresses. It was likely heat induced, but I am just not comfortable testing it out today

Bea
Old 06-10-2014, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Bea, a good idea to take it easy today. Drink lots of water.

I also want to add for goals...lose 1lb and post in fri weigh in
Old 06-10-2014, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Ate too many calories today but did get active on my yard cleanup. My house is benefiting from my ban on tv and desire to move more. Back to food control tomorrow. No excuses as I have healthy leftovers ready for a couple days.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Mary, I commend you for putting a ban on the TV. Your house is probably sparkling.
Bea, be careful...don't work too hard. You don't want to strain yourself. Or get too weak and take a fall or something.
Debbie, I'm just coming off a shoulder injury myself. It hurt for a good 4 days (and still doesn't feel quite right). Be careful. Keep going on the ab work.
Jenn, eat healthy and you see the benefits like that. Keep it up!
Hope...ooooh what's the project? anything fun and interesting?
Terri, hope dh is feeling better. I think for everyone this week it seems is "don't over do it". You know when you your body has had too much, so listen to it. Sometimes less is more.

I'm still not feeling completely bright and happy yet, but a smidge better today. I went back to the first workout, Start It Up, in the Slim in 6 series since I missed 5 days of exercise. It went well, got through the whole thing, worked hard and got up a good sweat. Then I took a nice cool bath and that was refreshing.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Debbie: OUCH on the shoulder! That laundry room is out to get you. I think it's a good call to take it easy; I agree that this seems to be a theme this week. Hope you still kill those ab workouts, though! DH feels a little better today, although the burn is starting to itch him on the edges. We're still on aloe and moisturizer; thanks for the empathy! And hey, like I said before, you're little and I'm quite a bit bigger than you, it's easier for me to get a high burn. I remember when I was closer to 150 my burn was more like 12 kcal/min. You just keep doing you!!

Bea: That MUST have been scary! I agree with you that it was probably just the heat, but you've gotta listen to your body when it tells you to take it easy. I'm glad you had friends around you who noted your condition too and let you know about the slurred speech. I hope you feel better after a rest, I'll be sending you good juju!

Mary: A ban on TV is so smart. I have it on during the day for noise and am sure I plop down for "only ten minutes" far too often.

Jenai: Thanks for the good wishes for DH I'll be really curious to see what the scale says on Friday since I'm consciously trying to be more steady this week. I think you're right, all of us are taking a bit of a step back and re-assessing! We'll see! Great job getting your Start It Up in. I hope every day finds you feeling better and better!

As for me -

Another pretty good day today! I really worked on form today when I was going through my stretch conditioning DVD. There are some exercises where I just don't feel the muscle contraction where I think I'm supposed to. I didn't get them all, but I think I overall did better. Turbo Jam really makes my muscles shaky at the end of those workouts, my legs look like gumby, so I know I'm getting to muscular fatigue, which is good.

After my 40 minutes conditioning I waited an hour before I popped in the Ab workout CD to give my legs a break - otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the standing ab work in, because I need to use my legs for that, too. I usually try to do it all at once, but it seems the theme this week is to be mindful of not going too hard. As a reward, I was able to balance on some of the harder one-legged moves, which is a first for me!

It's weird, the scale hasn't been rewarding me at all, but this week I really FEEL a little lighter/thinner. It's really hard to describe and I don't notice anything in the mirror, but there's just this sensation I have as I get up in the morning and move around every now and then of being a smidge lighter. It's helping!

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of 4,000+ M: -1,281 T: -926 Total: -2,207
2) Protein > 20% of intake every day M: 23% T: 23%
3) Water 64 oz. or more daily M: yes T: yes
4) Exercise 6x this week: Turbo schedule M: yes (40 mins cardio) T: yes (40 mins conditioning, 20 mins abs)
5) Eat veggies with lunch and dinner M: lunch yes, dinner no T: lunch yes, dinner does tomato sauce count?
6) Weigh in and report on Friday M-Th: N/A
Old 06-10-2014, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

Day 9 of Ab Challenge done:
45 situps (all at once)
30 crunches (paused at 15)
30 leg lifts (paused at 10 & 20)
35 sec plank (all at once)

Goals:
1) Drink 5-6 glasses H20 per day (M/Y, T/Y
2) Eat 4-5 meals per day (M/Y, T/N
3) workout 5x week (M/Y, T/Y
4)Do Ab Challenge (M/Y, T/Y
5) Lose 1-2 lbs for Friday weigh in

I got my lovely Aunt Flo today and that must be why I was feeling like crap yesterday. It was double that and with cramps today. I did go to the gym to do elliptical for 40min but that was all I could manage. Was feeling no energy at all. Super drained... On top of that I got some bad news about my eligibility for funding for school today. Found out I'm going to have to take out loans. Ugh. Upset about that. I only ate once today. Binged on Chinese.

Bea- Scary indeed. I am glad to hear you are taking it easy and listening to your body. You may also want to give your dr a call and mention what happened to see if they want to check you out. Better safe than sorry! Hope all is well.

Jenai- I'm sorry to hear you're in a funk here lately. Hopefully it will pass and you'll be back to yourself soon.

Terri- It sounds like breaking up the 2 videos really helped you get the most out of them after all. Congrats on your sense of lightness too.

Debbie- I'm sorry to hear you're hurt again. Hopefully you'll be ok?
Old 06-10-2014, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

Aimee, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well with Flo visiting, and that really sucks that you have to take out a loan. On the good side, good job on getting in the exercise you did despite everything!

Terri, I also don't always feel it where I'm supposed to! I don't know if I'm doing the exercises wrong or what. I mean, I feel it somewhere all the time, just not always where they say. And I completely understand what you mean about feeling thinner. I love those days. Turbo Jam and ab work? Great job!

I just wanted to say that throughout the day I was feeling better and better. I feel pretty good now. I think by morning, with a good night sleep, I will be back in the saddle.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Banned

Hi Everybody... I've been out on biz for the last week...

Mary, wow PARIS....that's my next big trip...I'm sure you had a wonderful time..

I see some of you are doing the AB challenge..I did it some months back...very good motivation..good luck

I have been really bad the last week ....
You think the scales will forgive me one day????

Nice job everybody!!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Last week I was cleaning the house for celebrations on Saturday. I have been eating badly for the last four days and feel sick from too much bad food. I have lots of things to do but I have no motivation or energy. My weight this morning was 184 and I am disgusted with my self for regaining so much weight. Yesterday I had blood tests taken and my doctor will see me next week. I am looking for my big girl panties.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

The reno continues...but I'm getting closer to finishing. I just need to install the flooring now and then it's baseboards. I can't wait to have a washer/dryer again!! I actually ended up hand washing some stuff yesterday...NOT FUN!

Bea - That's so scary!! Hope you're feeling better today!

Mary - Enjoy those healthy leftovers!

Jenai - Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today. Awesome job jumping right back in and getting in a workout!!

Terri - Congrats on accomplishing some new moves in your workout! You're getting stronger! Sounds like you may have a whoosh on the scale soon since you're feeling lighter and staying on track!

Aimee - Sorry to hear about the funding. How many years is your program?

Becca - So hard to stay on track when travelling!

Have a great day all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.