FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11103-accountability-motivational-thread-june-9-15-a.html)

jjrudd 06-09-2014 07:35 AM

Good going Terri and Bea!

GOALS for the week
1. Keep within carb limit
2. 4 servings of fruit/veg
3. 6 glasses of water at least
4. Exercise 4X for 30 min

Personal goals
1. Clean out kitchen cabinet for pick-up
2. write

Jenn

simplybea 06-09-2014 08:13 AM

because I am as stubborn as I am "old, grey, and cantankerous" and I wanna do them all at once, like a big girl :)

I did after all put on my big girl panties today

(I just refuse to let my size dictate my ability)

aimeet_1 06-09-2014 08:51 AM

Debbie- I was looking at that Ab Challenge chart again and the numbers really increase significantly, lol. I like your idea of splitting them up. I will attempt to do them as I have, but if it gets to be too tough, I may try your idea. Enjoying your rest today??? lol

I was good today. Even though my neck is sore (don't know why?) and I feel like crap- I did get to the gym for 30 min elliptical and 10 min cooldown walking on treadmill.

Bea-You are superwoman!!!

jjrudd 06-09-2014 09:44 AM

GOALS for the week
1. Keep within carb limit yes
2. 4 servings of fruit/veg 5
3. 6 glasses of water at least yesup to 5 so far
4. Exercise 4X for 30 min no

Personal goals
1. Clean out kitchen cabinet for pick-up
2. write yes

Jenn

Kumochi 06-09-2014 11:24 AM

A good day. Up at 5:30 to take pictures of the sunrise. Did my sauna and yoga then 1.5 hours of lawn care and weeding when I got home from work. Calories below 1300 even with going out for lunch so all and all a good day.

JediMindTricks 06-09-2014 07:52 PM

Mary, glad you had a good day. Out to lunch and still under 1300 calories? Wow!

Aimee, if only I were as determined as you to exercise when I feel like crap. Good going!

Has anyone heard anything from Mern? Anyone know why she's been absent so long?

I have not been doing well at all. My nutrition is good. I'm staying between 1200-1500 calories and it's pretty balanced...maybe a little high in fat, but carbs and proteins are going well.

But my mood has been way down, and I don't feel like doing anything but staying in bed. Also, I've been nursing a pulled muscle in my neck and shoulder. It's almost better. I haven't got any exercise in for almost a week. When I do get back at it, I will redo a week of Start It Up in my Slim in 6 program to get back up to speed. I was doing so well, but then my motivation and can-do attitude took a dive straight off a cliff. I'll have to walk down the mountain and scrape it up off the ground and try to put it back together. lol

canary52 06-09-2014 11:44 PM

Great pix, Terri!!!

You guys sound like you're doing great!!!

I'm working on a big project so I might not be around much but I'll try to sneak on when I can.

Best to all!

Keep crunching, leg lifting, moving and motivating!!!

taubele 06-10-2014 01:28 AM

Bea: Awesome job on the ab challenge!!!! You got it done. I get being stubborn, but you want to make sure you're not going to hurt yourself or pull a muscle or something in the long run or you'll have to stop entirely! :D I don't think size dictates ability at all. But I do think one has to be true to their current conditioning (I should put my money where my mouth is, as I often push too hard).

Aimee: Great job on getting the exercise done, I think that nominates you for a BIDIA (But I Did It Anyway) award!

Jenn: Looks like you had a great Monday! Good job!

Jenai: I haven't heard from Mern, but I may shoot her a PM :) Do you think not exercising has something to do with your mood? I know that sometimes, once I get back in the swing, not exercising regularly has a bit of a depressant action on me. Is there something else bugging you mentally that doesn't have to directly do with your fitness? You're doing awesome if my two cents is worth anything :)

Hope: Mystery big project! Ooh! Good luck!!!

As for me:

Poor DH has blisters on his shoulders from sunburn. He forgot to re-apply sunscreen after we capsized and had taken his shirt off to dry. Silly rabbit. He's looking roughly medium-rare to medium in terms of pinkness and the blisters started to pop up last night. We're keeping moisturizer and aloe on him, and hopefully the pain subsides in a day or two. I wish I had noticed he didn't re-apply and I would have attacked him with the sunscreen. Blergh.

I had a good Monday overall. I kept my calories under 1300 and got a good cardio workout in. Knowing that my joints were already sore, I tried to take it down a little notch from my usual all-out and it seemed like it didn't make a difference in my overall burn, or at least not much of a noticeable one (I was at 14.9 kcal/min as opposed to 15.0, haha). I have been trying to be more mindful of the fact that while I CAN go all-out, my soreness later and my inflammation is not helping me on the scale. I know I'm doing good things, and the scale doesn't rule me, but I haven't seen a drop at all in over two weeks (only gains) and I'd like to have a little motivator on Friday if I can!

My traps are still sore today but better; I will use lighter weights when I do my military presses this morning so I don't completely destroy them. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of 4,000+ M: -1,281 Total: -1,281
2) Protein > 20% of intake every day M: 23%
3) Water 64 oz. or more daily M: yes
4) Exercise 6x this week: Turbo schedule M: yes (40 mins cardio)
5) Eat veggies with lunch and dinner M: lunch yes, dinner no
6) Weigh in and report on Friday M-Th: N/A

jjrudd 06-10-2014 01:33 AM

Good job Terri.
Another bonus of eating more veggies yesterday (had salad and sandwich for lunch) my BG was lower.
Jenn

lildebbieg 06-10-2014 02:18 AM

Hi ladies :) This laundry renovation has me injured again! I hurt my shoulder several weeks back and it was feeling better.....until yesterday that is! I should be able to keep up with the ab challenge but may have to forgo other exercise for a few days...hopefully not any longer. I simply don't lose weight if I don't exercise intensly on nearly a daily basis. Hopefully I can at least maintain while I'm out of commission.

Terri - Ooooooh....your poor dh! I've had some pretty bad burns in the past so I can sympathize! Have you tried using cortisone cream? I simply can't get over the cal burn you achieve!! Soooo jelly! ;)

Hope - What's your big project? Are you renovating a room too!

Jenai - Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Give yourself a break....I think it's very natural to have your motivation ebb and flow. After all, we can't be perfect all the time right. Just don't give up on yourself....that motivation will come back. :)

Mary
- What a lovely way to start your day!

Aimee - I'm hella determined to do the whole ab challenge without any rest....and I've managed so far. But looking at what's to come, there may come a day where I need to split it up....time will tell ;)

Bea - Your sense of humor has me laughing out loud and your determination has me inspired!

Have a great day all!