Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Old 06-05-2014, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Back to 192.4lbs this a.m. I can not tell you all how happy this makes me!!! It has been a slow upwards battle to get back to where I was a couple months ago, but I am back in the saddle!!! Ya hooooo!!!!

Hope- ty for the kind words. The Ab Challenge is pretty tough, ha! But today is my rest day and I will take it! I also love love love your idea of a gratitude journal. Awesome ;-)

Libby- any kind of exercise counts-- cleaning and mall walking, IMO. Certainly better than sitting on the couch!

Debbie- I wanted to thank you as well for all the inspiration and positive coaching. You rock!

Bea- Congrats on Day 5. I have to say I am a little nervous about tomorrow, lol. Go you!!!! Ha ha ha! Love the idea that you did the first 3 in your jammies. I may have to borrow your idea. Hee...
Old 06-05-2014, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Oh- forgot to add these:
Here are my goals:

1) Drink 5-6 glasses water (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y, Th/willdo)
2) Log foods (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y, Th/willdo
3) workout 3-4 times week (M/Y, T/N, W/Y, Th/Y
4) 2 snacks plus 3 healthy meals daily (M/Y, T/N, W/4, Th/willdo

I also wanted to say Jenai -- doing a workout even when you really don't feel like it should count double! I think you should be proud that you made it as far as you did in that very tough workout and hopefully will see it as a challenge to work on each time getting a little stronger. And the Beachbodies coach? Ugh...sorry to hear of your difficulties finding what you need in a coach. I know you don't think you can do it on your own- but I do...Either way---good luck and don't quit!!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Can someone tell me how you do your sit-ups? Do you start sitting up or...? Feels like a dumb question.

Also how long do you hold the double leg lift?

Maybe I will try a couple and then live vicariously through the rest of you. You guys must be proud!!!

Bea, I liked your story. FUuuuuuu....

Last edited by canary52; 06-05-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I am so sorry you have to deal with Crohn's. It must be so difficult. Diet,stress, I am sure, play a big part. Thankfully, your boss is understanding. It's good to have people like that in your corner!!! I hope you have more good days than bad.

Aimee, congrats on being back in the saddle, as you say!!! That sounds like a good gratitude entry to me!!! gratitude journal idea was from a friend of mine. She gave me a beautiful little blank book and suggested I use it for a gratitude journal. Maybe that was her subtle way of telling me I was kvetching too much lol!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

I do my situps from flat on the ground and sit up, once I am straight up...that's one (and I can't curse/count til I get to 5). If this causes you stress or injury, Debbie had mentioned doing them on a stability ball

Leg lift is the same start flat on the floor and count 1 when they are straight up... I heard somewhere that they shouldn't touch the ground on the way down... so I go very close, but don't touch and back up again... and trust me, by five, it is NOT 5 I am saying!! (I find those the most difficult)
Old 06-05-2014, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hope- youtube is great for showing vids if you want to see the exercise in action. I had to look up technique for the leg lifts because I wanted to make sure I'm kind to my lower back and those can be esp. tough on it.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys! Aimee I WILL YouTube them. Bea, bless you for doing even one sit up like this. I tried from flat on the ground and my stomach muscles (errrr, what muscles?) said NUH UH. Guess I need these exercises, huh?

Stability ball good idea!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Hope: I hope you know that you're completely inspirational. I don't have anything like fibromyalgia and I can only imagine what it's like during a flare-up. I can't imagine that in dealing with all of that successfully that you've been anything but a positive role model for your daughter! I totally agree with Debbie in that regard.

Just so you know, I can't do full sit-ups yet either. My core strength is pretty minimal. I'll get there over time, just like you will!!!!

Bea: LOL - thanks for the congrats on the sore rump! Sounds like you ROCKED your ab challenge and I love the thought of you doing it beast-mode in pajamas!!! Haha, thanks for the laugh!

Libby: Awesome on the quilt and the walking! Walking is some of the best exercise I think, honestly. I am working on a cross-stitch pattern for a very dear old friend who just had his first child (a girl, she came early!) for the nursery, and I'll show it when it's done if you'll show your quilt!

Debbie: I definitely do know about stretching but I think I'm not doing it enough - I do the stretching that's there at the end of my workouts, but methinks I might just need to do it longer or more varied stretches after the tape is done playing. I did try stretching out today at random intervals although it didn't seem to help much; it doesn't feel like my muscles are tight, they're just straight-up sore. I find they mostly hurt when I've been sitting for awhile and start to move; once I move around for a couple of minutes it wanes, so at least there was that impetus to keep moving today, haha! Thanks so much for the reminder! You're super-inspirational this week!

Aimee: Congrats on being back to a weight that gives you inspiration! Good job! Keep it goin!

As for me:

Other than my muscle soreness mentioned above, it was a really good day for me calorie and protein-wise. Adding the protein to breakfast helped! I had just been out of anything except cereal, but all I did today was make 2 quick scrambled eggs and added some pepper and onion to them and a sprinkle of low-fat cheese. I'm always a little leery of eating eggs before working out, but it seemed to be good today! I hit a 15 cal/minute burn on my cardio like back in the old days, so I guess I'm doing something right!

Tomorrow there's a grill-out lunch with the folks that are hosting us in their building for the summer. I think I should be able to manage it well - just one burger or hot dog and easy on the sides (it's honestly the sides that kill me!). I'm hopeful for a good weigh-in tomorrow but if my muscles are still sore, I know I could be up from inflammation, too. Fingers crossed! (Even if I am up, I know this has been a good week and it will pay off in the long run! - but hopefully, I'm down and more securely into the 170s!)

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of -4,000 for 7 days M: -300 T: -1,009 woot woot! W: -884 Th: -1,077 Total: -3,270
2) Exercise 6x this week. Follow Turbo schedule. M: yes (20 mins cardio/20 mins abs) T: yes (40 mins cardio) W: yes (40 minutes strength/20 minutes abs) Th: yes (40 mins cardio)
3) Water at least 64 oz. per day M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
4) Protein at least 20% every day M: 16% T: 23% W: 16% Th: 27%
5) Weigh in on Friday and Report M-Th: N/A
6) In bed by 11:00 every night M: No T: 11:00 on the nose W: No - fell asleep on the couch; woke up and went to bed ~11:20

~Terri
Old 06-05-2014, 05:58 PM
FitDay Member

Everyone, thanks so much for the positive words of encouragement. It means so much to me!

Hope, My mom has fibro, too. It's tough seeing her in a lot of pain all the time. She is overweight, and she says she can't exercise because of the fibro. Sorry you are dealing with that.

After all the support, I'm sad to admit that I didn't exercise tonight. All day I have just felt sooooo exhausted. I've been in bed almost all day.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:15 PM
FitDay Member

The training and practice is very important to keep yourself fit. There is need of educating people and increase the sense of self motivating themselves. The short courses like diploma in business online are very useful.

Last edited by harop23; 06-18-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.