Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Old 06-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

This morning the scale said 180.0 exactly. I am still sore, so I am chalking the small gain up to inflammation and not worrying about it too much I know I've had a good week! Besides, little fluctuations like that are basically noise, and I'm sure the number will go down soon enough. I'm not even going to record it in my signature!

Jenai: Sounds like you just needed a rest day! You'll be back at 'em today!
Old 06-06-2014, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Absolutely Terri!!

We know when we have done it right, and the scale WILL reflect it, if we just hang on and don't give up. I know how frustrating it can be to not see the reward we know we earned, but it will come........ hang on!!

That is going to be my new mantra - Just hang on and dig a little deeper!!
Old 06-06-2014, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Abs Challenge - Day 6 - report

DONE!!!
Breakdown

sit ups
did first 20 !!
next stopped at 27 - then completed (Last 2 were likely sloppy, they FELT sloppy and I really had to dig in to get through them)

Crunches, done - no issues

Leg raises
They were really tough today, probably because I expended so much on the situps
Did 6 - stopped
Did 4 more - stopped
Then finished final 5 (my stops would be no more than 30 secs each)

Plank
25 secs no stop, but struggled to stay up the last 25 secs
Old 06-06-2014, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Terri there is a neighbourhood BBQ next week but I don't know whether we are going to go. They are so "clicky". It's pretty hard for Mom and I to go since all of the food is store bought--which means loaded with salt. They usually bring cake which is out for diabetics. It's easier just not to go.

Weighed myself this morning and I am exactly the same as last week. You guys are doing awesome on the exercising. I should be doing more. Cleaning today!

Jenn
Old 06-06-2014, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, sounds like you needed a day of rest. We all need rest sometimes. It makes us stronger. So sorry your mom has fibro. It's hard on family members too. And she's right - fibro makes people hold onto weight and it's hard to exercise. But stretching is imperative and so is even small amounts of movement and good eating habits (hard to maintain when one is ill but it all helps.)

That being said: new goal: a successful FULL sit up. I youtubed a military guy doing a military sit up. Whoa Mama!!!!

Terri, I love your attitude. I love how you say fluctuations are basically noise. You're so right!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

You can do it Hope!!

I once read, "everyone has 6-pack abs, or we wouldn't be able to sit, move, or walk! It is just that some of us have them buried deeper than others" lol

You have this covered! I am sure you can do a situp. Your muscles may not be sure how to get it done, but that is just muscle learning
Old 06-06-2014, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hello fiday buddies The scale was down this morning....not back down to my lowest yet, but getting closer. I'll take it!! I didn't get in a workout yesterday (which I felt guilty about), but I did work on my laudry room for 4 hours. My washing machine broke a few weeks ago and I've always said when I have to move the washer and dryer out of the room I will redo the room. Well this is it! I finished ripping up the ceramic tile yesterday and had already remove the tile from the wall and repaired the drywall. After ripping up the floor tile and cleaning up, I managed to get the room painted. I guess you could say that was a workout...and it was tough work...but I know I woudln't have burned as many calories as a true workout. Oh well! There's always today

Terri - I can't beleive you can burn 15 cal/minute!!! Even going all out and getting my heart rate up into the high 170s, I'm lucky to burn 10 cal/minute! Soooooooo jealous!

Have a great day all! I'll report back later after a workout.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Day 5 of Ab Challenge done
30 situps (had to stop every 10)
12 crunches (did them all at once)
12 leg raises (did them all at once)
20sec plank (I skipped these on account that I did 4 sets of 40 sec planks at the gym --OUCH!!!!-- I'm pretty sure that should count in lieu )

Today at the gym I was debating about doing the Boot Camp interval training 30 min work out. I decided to go for it, knowing it would be very difficult. Ugh...4 sets of 40 sec bench straddles, 4 sets of 40sec planks, 4 sets of 40 sec burpees, 4 sets of 40sec lunges across the room, and 4 sets of 40 sec cling/presses with 20lbs of weight. Holeeeee crap...I was a little slower than most in the class, but I did do them.

Also- I did a 30 min weightlifting class and then when I got home- my Ab Challenge.

Shew! I am beat but proud of myself for sticking with it even though I knew it would be rough.

Here are my goals:

1) Drink 5-6 glasses water (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y, Th/Y, F/willdo)
2) Log foods (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y, Th/y, F/y)
3) workout 3-4 times week (M/Y, T/N, W/Y, Th/Y, F/Y)
4) 2 snacks plus 3 healthy meals daily (M/Y, T/N, W/4, Th/4, F/will do)

Yay Debbie for the scale going down for you!
Hope-The one thing about situps is that you can use your momentum of your body when you start moving. Crunches are different, because you only go up as far as getting your shoulders off the ground. I hope that helps and I know you can do it.
Jenn-BBQ's and eating around others can be so tough to stay on track. If avoiding it is better for you and you don't really want to hang out with the ppl going- then I'd skip too if I were you. Not worth any extra calories, doesn't sound like.
Terri-keep up the good work. I'm sure the scale will catch up.
Bea- Go you Day 6!!! And congrats on your weight milestone too.

Last edited by aimeet_1; 06-06-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Aimee - I am jealous of your leg raises!! They are the worst for me... and WOW doing the ab challenge after boot camp Interval training....I bet you hurt!! (in a good way)

WELL DONE YOU!!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

wow, Aimee! Holy heck of a lot of exercise! Good for you!
Debbie, you'll get there! Keep at it, girl!
Ab Challengers...keep up the hard work!

I got such an awesome surprise this morning from the scale...4.2 lbs down this week! omg I am soooooo excited!!! After being stalled for a month, this is such a blessing and pick-me-up. I'm not sure if I should chalk it up to eating more calories more consistently, or from the Slim in 6 workouts, or both. (By more calories I mean that I had been down to 800-1000 most days. But I wasn't losing so now I'm trying to stay at 1200-1400 consistently.)

I've lost 37 lbs so far, which also has me pretty excited. I look in the mirror and don't see any difference. I wish I had taken "before" photos when I first started, but I didn't take them until I started Slim in 6 at 248lbs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.