Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Old 06-02-2014, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Remember to feel blessed
2) Stretch daily
3) Eating: healthy, not obsessive
4) Stop the binges: remember it's not what I'm eating, it's what's eating me

Regarding #1:I'd been feeling depressed lately but it's starting to break. Today I wrote: I will feel blessed by life rather than burdened by it. I am reading a book by Thich Naht Hahn, a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, and he advises waking up grateful to have another 24 hours in which we can live.

Regarding #3: I keep trying these eating plans that are so restrictive they are impossible to maintain and then blaming myself when I fail. Sound familiar, anyone? So my goals are smaller: less sugar, more veg. More protein but good carbs. And a couple of treats so I don't feel deprived. Healthy, not obsessive. And no judgment. I'm not a weak person if I eat a slice of bread, or pizza or cake. Knowing that, I tend to want those things less.

Last edited by canary52; 06-02-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Just finished a workout...the first one in 10 days! Today was a 48 minute cardio/booty workout...I'm a sweaty mess! I love it! After I workout, I always wonder what causes me to get off track because I really do love the way it makes me feel. Guess I should go easy on myself though...having two young children really does make it hard to stay consistent...hard but not impossible right!

Hope - I love that quote! I'll need to remember that one It's a funny thing about the scale...it affects us all in a different way. Over the past few weeks, I've avoided the scale. I normally weigh daily but was so frustrated with the plateau I was at that I thought staying off the scale would help. Big mistake!!! I was stuck between 119-121 lbs. and this morning I weighed in at 127.4!!! I'm sure some of it is water, but right now I want to just get back to my plateau weight!
Old 06-02-2014, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie,

Of course, having young kids can get you off track! Plus how many times have I said about exercise, walking, writing: I love this, why don't I do it more?

I think looking at the scale too often can be discouraging and there are all kinds of reasons numbers go up. I'm just compulsive about it, so hard to break that habit.

Here's another quote for you I saw on FB. It's something like: "Every time someone tries to involve you in their nonsense, just say to yourself: Not my circus. Not my monkeys."

I kinda love that.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hope - Love that! Not my circus...not my monkeys! I also love what you wrote about goal #3. "I'm not a weak person if I eat a slice of bread, or pizza or cake." That's similar to what I was thinking when I put up the quote at the start of this thread. There are no failures when you're trying....only failure if you quit. I've never quit trying...therefore I haven't failed. Nothing wrong with a slice pizza or a piece of cake as long as that's not the only thing we eat. There has to be room for balance. I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling with depression. I think starting your day with thanks is an awesome habit to get into!!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit yes
2. More fruits and veggies (at least 4 servings) no
3. 6 glasses of water YES humid today so no trouble there!
4. Exercise 4X no
5. Lose 1lb

Jenn
Old 06-02-2014, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Anyone interested in an ab challenge?

Hi everyone,

I tried a 30 day ab challenge a year ago and didn't finish it...I could say, I held out until everyone else quit, BUT I didn't finish it.

I built up to day 10 in about 25 days, but didn't go the 30. I only started it today,so missed day 1, but day 2 DONE!

Anyone else want to join me?
(You get to moan about how hard it was after you finish the day, always a fun part of it)

If you can't read the image, I have the word doc file I can send you

Bea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
30 day ab challenge.jpg (19.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-02-2014, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

I love a good fitness challenge Bea! Count me in...I just did day 1 of the challenge below. Is this the same one you're doing? Wow! Your image was really tiny but the image I found is HUGE!!!

Old 06-02-2014, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

That's the one!!

How did you add it All I could do was add it as a pic and it had to be < 19kb
Old 06-02-2014, 06:29 PM
FitDay Member

It's kind of a long, in-depth story, but I learned a lesson today. I had all kinds of reasons (some of them legitimate) on why I couldn't work out tonight. At the same time, my daughter got one of the 3 remaining spots for the all star team for her age division in softball. It's really a big deal. But she wants to quit after tryouts and 1 practice because the exercise is too hard. Admittedly, they do put the girls through the ringer. They have to prepare them for playing in the daytime in the Arizona heat. She finished, but pulled a hamstring and now she wants to quit.

Then here I am talking about how I want to stay on the "easy" level because I don't think I'm capable of moving to the next level. I called bullshit on myself. I decided I needed to be an example to my daughter on how to be mentally and physically tough. So I moved on to the next level of Slim in 6 called Ramp It Up. It was a full 55 minutes long, which is 20 minutes longer than the first level. That's a big jump. Plus the moves were more complex and more reps. Sometimes I had to stop a little early on a particular exercise because I was pushed to the absolute limit, but it ended up being maybe 5 or 10 seconds, and then I went right into the next exercise. Let me tell you, I was huffing and puffing and absolutely dripping sweat. But I did it. Well, I stopped one minute early because the final move is one that I physically cannot do. It involves putting all your weight on one knee on the floor. I am too fat to put that much weight on one knee, when I have poor knees to begin with.

So, 54 minutes...I DID IT!!! And I really hope that my daughter can see how hard I'm working and that she decides she can work hard too.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Remember to feel blessed - Y
2) Stretch daily - Y
3) Eating: healthy, not obsessive -Y
4) Stop the binges: remember it's not what I'm eating, it's what's eating me: ate a bit more than necessary haha but WASN'T a binge5) Take a walk: I took TWO
6) 6 glasses of water ( thanks for the idea, Jenn): 5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.