Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread May 26 - June 2 >

Motivational Thread May 26 - June 2

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread May 26 - June 2

Old 05-29-2014, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Terri, good for you for resisting the temptations! And you're right...don't throw out your back. Do what you can that your body can handle. Wait til it feels a little better to work on your core.

Bea, Don't give up!!! You will probably see a big drop coming up here real soon. Just keep it up and you will get there!

Aimee, is your pulled muscle feeling better today?

Excuses for not working out today:
Said to self: "I didn't do very well last night, so I probably wouldn't do well again tonight."

OVERCOME
It took some mental/internal arguing, but instead of my less than stellar outing last night get to me, I decided to use it as incentive to get through the whole thing tonight. I did it!

I'm feeling hopeful about tomorrow's weigh in. I hope I don't mysteriously gain weight over night again.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Bea: SUPER frustrating, BUT, you know that we often get stuck right before a big loss. It might not happen Friday, but I bet it happens soon. Just keep on keeping on girl, you know that scale is just playing with your mind.

Jenn: Good luck on your weigh-in today! I bet you did better than you think!

Jenai: I bet you'll have awesome numbers today, especially with your great attitude all week and not giving up! You got through the whole workout again, that is AWESOME! Thanks for the encouragement. I think it was the right call to only do floor abs, which is what I ended up doing. I'll get to the standing abs again next week!

As for me:

WOOHOO!!!!! I just woke up and weighed in (I slept TERRIBLY last night and let myself sleep in this morning) and I hit a new decade, 179.6! I will TAKE IT! I was worried I might be up due to inflamed muscles/muscle soreness, but if I am, it's still a good number.

I decided to only do my floor abs work yesterday instead of the standing abs, and I think that was a good decision. My back felt OK during cardio but as soon as I stopped moving, I felt it tighten right back up again. The floor abs work was good and I pushed myself to lift off the floor a little higher to try and make myself feel better about it. Still upset about my protein numbers, but I know why it happened yesterday; I forgot to thaw the meat for dinner and I wasn't comfortable cooking it from frozen straight onto the pan (it never comes out right) so we ended up doing mini-pizzas for dinner, which is basically all carb.

Heading into today, I know dinner is going to be a high-cal number, so I'm going to try to keep it down during breakfast and lunch. We'll see, I'll keep thinking of my new scale number to motivate me!

I hope everyone has a HAPPY FRIDAY!

Week Goals:

1) Work out T, W, Th, F and Sun. Follow TurboJam schedule. T: yes W: yes Th: yes, though only 10 minutes of floor abs though (lower back stiffness)
2) Calorie deficit of -3500 T: -447 W: -810 Th: -613 Total: -1,870
3) 64+ oz of water daily T: yes W: yes Th: yes
4) Try one new recipe this weekend T: N/A W: sausage/bean bake. It's pretty good! Th: N/A
5) In bed by 11:00 every night (my sleeping has gotten wonky) T: 11:03. Close! W: yes Th: yes
6) Weigh on F and report T-Th: N/A F: 179.6!!!! Yay new decade!
7) Protein 25-30% of daily/weekly calories T: 18% W: 21% Th: 19% Average: 19.3%

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 05-30-2014 at 04:04 AM. Reason: protein number was entered incorrectly for Wednesday
Old 05-30-2014, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'm CONSIDERING:
Possibly, maybe getting a bike

We have a community share event tomorrow, where everything on offer is free for the taking.

My reasons for considering a bike:

When I was a kid, I LOVED my bike! (I remember the sense of freedom and the wind going through my hair) Mine was blue with a yellow banana seat and high rise handlebars (I was STYLIN)

We do have nice bike trails here and I want to experience that freedom again.

I feel a change in activity might help

Cons:
There are only 2, but 1 I don't know how to get passed

What if I've forgotten how to ride? (I can relearn - but it is a pretty significant thought). Also a little concerned with falling, well more the getting up afterward. Picking myself up from the floor/ground is still kinda awkward.

I will look terribly awful on a bike, and I hate the thought of the ridicule (this is the one I can't seem to shake). I don't understand this one, because I really don't care what people think, but this one just won't go away.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

I'm doing a bit better today but I still feel like my back hasn't completely healed so I'm going to pass on my weight lifting class today. Thanks for asking Jenai

Bea- a bike sounds like the perfect thing! Please do go for it! Your fond memories of having a bike sound like a wonderful association, and maybe the bike and trails will be a great addition to your fitness routine.

Terri- congrats on your scale victory!
Old 05-30-2014, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, I say go for it! Bike riding is a great exercise, and riding them is so fun. I have a lot of good memories with my bikes through the years too. I don't think you forget how to ride a bike. Maybe a little wobbly at first, but I bet it'll be easy peasy to get on and go.

I am so flippin' happy! My scale finally finally shows a 2 lb loss on weigh-in day. The past few weeks I'd dip down about 3 lbs on Wed but then on Friday it would sadly be the same as it had the week before. I did that to some extent this week, too. But it didn't go back up as much this time. 2 lbs! I'll take it!
Old 05-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Bea: You should go for it. I read this a couple of weeks ago, and forgive some of the language in it, but it's a post from reddit:

"To the fatty on the Westview track this afternoon:

You, whose feet barely lift off the ground as you trudge across the track.
You, who keeps to the outside lane, footslogging in the wrong direction.
You, who stops for water breaks every lap, and who would probably stop
Twice a lap, if there were bleachers on both sides. You, whose gaze drops
to your feet every time we pass. You, whose sweat drenches your body
after you leave, completing only a single, twenty-minute mile.

There's something you should know: You ****ing rock.

Every shallow step you take, you carry the weight of more than two of
me, clinging to your bones, begging to be shaken off. Each lap you run,
you're paying off the debt of another midnight snack, another dessert,
another beer. It's twenty degrees outside, but you haven't let that stop your
regimen. This isn't your first day out here, and it certainly won't be your
last. You've started a journey that lasts a lifetime, and you've started at
least twelve days before your New Year's resolution kicks in.
You run without music, and I can only imagine the mantras running
through your mind as you heave your ever-shrinking mass around the
next lap. Let's go, feet. Shut up, legs. **** off, fat. If you'd only look up
from your feet the next time we pass, you'd see my gaze has no
condescension in it.
I have nothing but respect for you. You've got this."

I find it very inspiring, actually, and a reminder that most people find those of us trying to lose it, and do it the right way, inspiring and respectful. There might be sniggers and jeers from the idiots, but there will always be idiots. I think getting a bike is a lovely idea, and if you're worried about picking it back up again, just find a time when the area you want to ride on is fairly quiet and give it a few goes until you feel comfortable with your balance. I say go for it If anyone finds the above post offensive in any way, I will remove it!

Jenai: Congrats on the scale victory!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Aimee: Just keep resting that back as long as you feel you need to, and then get back out there
Old 05-30-2014, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Terri and Jenai!!
New decades and 2pound losses are awesome.. Well Done both!
Old 05-30-2014, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone. Despite the fact that I didn't think I ate that well this week I had a 2lb loss. I did have more exercise than I thought with cutting the grass and other yardwork plus walking.

I had a NSV today too. Had to buy new capris because 2 pair are too loose in the back--one is practically falling off. Took in a size 20 and 22. Tried on 20 first and it fit--not sucking in, just right.

Jenn
Old 05-30-2014, 07:11 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn...Congrats! New, smaller clothes is so exciting!

As for me, I did not exercise tonight. It's not that I had excuses it's just that I think Fridays are going to end up being my regular day off.

And forgive me, for I am going to sin. I am going to lunch/early dinner tomorrow with my husband and kids to Outback, and I planned my menu for the whole day (including all the custom added Outback dishes). It will be about 3300 calories and 5700mg of sodium! Goodbye, 2 lb loss this past week. I doubt I will show any loss for next week either because I'll have to lose what I ate plus flush all the sodium out of my system.

I don't feel guilty one bit though, really. It will be my last dinner out for a very long time, and I'm going to splurge. dh is going to get laid off any time now, and there is virtually no commercial construction going on anywhere in the area (he's a journeyman electrician). What little there is was seriously underbid by the non-union companies. (The owners will be sorry they didn't hire union in the long run because they will get what they paid for.) Last time he was laid off it was for 6 months, but now the only major employer, Intel, is shipping its new tool builds to Israel, so that work will be gone. I have no idea what we are going to do! But anyways, I am going to eat a lot and savor every bite. Isn't that terrible of me??
Old 05-31-2014, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I feel like I've dodged a bullet. Yesterday I had more medical tests and every thing was fine. Today I am going to eat well and exercise to try and turn things around again. My weight was 175 yesterday and I know that some of it was from worrying. Today is a new day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.