Old 05-27-2014, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report
1. Keep within carb limit no
2. Exercise 4X day off
3. 4 servings fruits and veggies 3
4. 6 glasses of water yes
I had been doing better on this but have slacked off a little lately

Good job Jenai! Robin I hope today is less hectic for you.

Jenn
Old 05-27-2014, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Bea, You will get to those 2's before you know it! Keep up the positive attitude...I love it!

Hope, I'm sorry you're having such back pain and depression. I really hope the accupuncture can help.

Libby, sounds like your day was pretty busy and you got some things accomplished.

as for me:
Excuses For Not Wanting To Exercise Tonight:
  • I just don't feel like it.
  • I don't want to get hot and sweaty.
  • I just ate a little while ago and want to relax

OVERCOME!

I did it!!!!!!!! Slim in 6 done for the night...all the way through the entire workout with only the designated water break halfway through!!! I was so afraid of the pushups. She said they were going to do 10. Well, first time and I did 6!!!!! When I first started last Monday, I made the goal of getting all the way through by today, and I DID IT!!!
AWESOME JENAI!!!! That's how it's done....push past those excuses and keep on moving forward! So happy to hear you conquered 6 push ups!!! Keep up that momentum!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai wins the BIDIA award. That's the But I Did It Anyway award. She didn't want to exercise BUT SHE DID.

Whereas I did not meet one goal. I wanted to walk BUT I DIDN'T.

Robin, you are right. I AM second guessing myself. Does anyone else get confused with all the conflicting food "wisdom" and advice?

BUT I AM FEELING BETTER from the acupuncture.

And I got a kitten.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Hey all -

A day late and a dollar short, but I am feeling VERY VERY motivated this week. I went to Chicago over Memorial Day weekend and then had some plans with friends, but while I was there, I had the opportunity to look very long and very hard at myself, both in a mirror and more generally, and got through some difficult conversations.

The truth of the matter is that I'm lazy. The truth of the matter is that I feel powerless and depressed because I am not happy with myself. The truth of the matter is that my motivations have been all wrong this second time around. What worked the first time was focusing on health, not anything anyone else said, and I lost my way.

But I'm trying to get it back! You ladies have been super motivational, and even if I haven't been posting the past few days because I've been running around and have had internet issues, it's been good to read

Week Goals:

1) Work out T, W, Th, F and Sun. Follow TurboJam schedule. T: yes
2) Calorie deficit of -3500
3) 64+ oz of water daily
4) Try one new recipe this weekend
5) In bed by 11:00 every night (my sleeping has gotten wonky)
6) Weigh on F and report
Old 05-27-2014, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,
I just finished (well 3/4's) of one of Jillian Michael's Fat Burning workouts on TV. You guys may already know this, but there are a bunch of hers on Amazon Prime for free if you are a member. That was a tough one btw! Shew...I glanced at her Yoga one too, but will have to save that for another time.

I have been so back and forth with everything. I feel motivated one day, and then something happens and it throws me off track. I thought I was getting sick, and took heavy doses of Airborne and I think I've fought it off. Yay me ;-) Feeling motivated this week and here are my goals:

1) Drink 4-5 glasses water per day (M/N,
2) workout at least 3 x per week (M/N, T/Y
3) Log food and try to stay under 1300-1400 cal (M/N, T/Y

Also? I have registered today for going back to school this fall after over 15 years of being out of college. I am going to work on a certificate in the medical field so I can change my career path. I've been meaning to do this for quite some time now and it is finally time to do something about it. I am nervous about going back to school over so long and am afraid my brain cells have all been scattered after 2 kids, but here I am.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) 6 glasses of water -?
2) walk, even tiny baby walks, 3x minimum -N
3) don't fall for stupid diet plans, just keep it healthy- BINGE ATE
4) don't get discouraged -yes

So I did keep one goal!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I don't think you're lazy. I think the other thing you mentioned - depressed and feeling powerless - might be more like it. But you know what worked last time and I think you're ready for positive change. And we are ready to support you!!

Aimee, congrats on going back to school!! How cool is that? In my experience teaching college, the best students are the returnees. They know what they are there for, they work hard and don't waste their time and (often) their parents' money. You go, girl! You're gonna do great!!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Banned

Hi guys, i'm back from Hawaii.... it was so Amazing
I know I did some major damage while on vacation.
But, Im back on the wagon as of today.

Got my water intake in...did a quick work out just now!
I'm feeling good.

I hope everyone has been doing well and had a nice holiday weekend!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

It rained today and was very humid after. I didn't get much done today but managed to cook a nice supper with lots of vegetables. Tomorrow won't be quite so hot so I might get some house work done.
Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: M-Y, T-Y
Eat 3 fruits and vegetables: M-Y, T-Y
Exercise 5X
Old 05-27-2014, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

Aimee, that is so wonderful you are going back to school! How awesome is that?! What type of career in the medical field are you looking to do?

Terri, I like what you said about taking a long look at yourself. It really struck home and in turn started doing some thinking about myself too (not so different from yourself).

Hope
, I am also bewildered by all the conflicting advice! I guess for me I try things until I find the one piece of advice that clicks and works for me. I don't think any one thing works well for every person. Still a pain in the ass to try to find the thing that does work.

Becca, so glad you had a fabulous trip!

I could think of so many excuses not to exercise tonight:
  • My head (and specifically my eye) hurts. (Every time the pressure in my head changes it feels like my eyeball is going to pop out.)
  • I want to watch the Diamondbacks game on tv
  • My mouth hurts and is throbbing (went to the dentist today and had a bunch of work done.)
  • I don't want to get hot and sweaty

But I also thought of so many reasons why I should. So...
OVERCOME!
Slim in 6 done for the night, all the way through again, AND I did ALL 10 pushups tonight! I didn't think I had it in me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.