Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread May 19-25 >

Motivational Thread May 19-25

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread May 19-25

Old 05-22-2014, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

...ummmm....I just realized I'm highlighting the negative....did I mention I also managed to squeeze in a 40 minute high intensity interval workout amidst an 8 hour workday, doctors appointment, daughter's photo day at dance, kids bath night and shopping for a new washer/dryer set (my washer broke down last weekend). Even though my days are crazy and I have barely a minute to take a breath...I still mostly manage to find time to workout. Phew...K I'm off to bed...
Old 05-22-2014, 09:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
...ummmm....I just realized I'm highlighting the negative....did I mention I also managed to squeeze in a 40 minute high intensity interval workout amidst an 8 hour workday, doctors appointment, daughter's photo day at dance, kids bath night and shopping for a new washer/dryer set (my washer broke down last weekend). Even though my days are crazy and I have barely a minute to take a breath...I still mostly manage to find time to workout. Phew...K I'm off to bed...

That's awesome Debbie! Good for you for being so committed. The fiddleheads are picked in low areas by river banks and brooks. I am in New Brunswick, I don't know where all they grow. They are steamed and then seasoned with vinegar or butter. There are fancier sauces but I don't bother. They can be "blanched" and then frozen in serving sized bags. That makes a quick veggie and they are very nutritious.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:36 PM
FitDay Member

I haven't really done a daily report but have met my goals everyday.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-23-2014 at 01:22 AM. Reason: removed links
Old 05-23-2014, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Either my scale died or the battery is dead. Obviously hoping it's just the battery. It could have picked a day better than weigh-in day to go on the fritz. My daughter is not home with my car, so I can't get to the store for either a battery or a new scale, and I can't eat until after I weigh in.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Turned out to be a dead scale. Went and bought a new one. I don't like what it says. Exactly the same freaking thing as last week. I've been exercising daily, watching my calories closely, and nothing. And barely anything for about a month.

Is it the calorie cycling that's not working for me? Is it just a plateau? How do I figure this out? I need to figure something out quick because this just isn't working for me! I even skipped lunch with my mother this afternoon while we were out thinking that would help. I should have had lunch!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Well not a good day goal wise. Ended up going for an impromptu lunch with my daughter and therefore neither ate my homemade lunch and missed my lunchtime walk. Fresh start tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Up a pound. I know I could've done better on the exercise and I definetely haven't gotten the water in the past couple of days.

I did accomplish a lot today. Cleaned the kitchen and did 2 loads of laundry. The last load of folded just needs to be put away.
Jenn
Old 05-24-2014, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Todays tasks will be laundry and alterations. I have three pair of jogging pants that I need to let out at the waist and hem them for my Dad. He is eating better and has gained 3 kg. since moving to the nursing home a year ago. His waist has gone from a 34 to 36. The new pants that I bought are size large but the elastic waist is only 29 inches around so I have to open the waist band, cut the elastic and take out some of the gathering in the front. What a job. I wish I could find some nice looking pants with a fake fly and elastic waist for my Dad. I can't find any thing like this in Canada.
My weight is stuck at 172.4 and I have hit a plateau. I am exercising again and eating right but the scale won't budge this week. It's awfully quiet around here this week end. I hope you all are doing well.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone, well I am back on track so far today did a walk and already have lots of water in

I see some people getting very discouraged about doing everything right and still the scale not moving. I saw when I was losing that this is really normal. After the first few months weight loss really slows. You almost have to look at it by month and not by week. If a month goes by with no changes (and you've followed your plan) that's probably a plateau but a week, meh, it happens all the time. My 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.