Notices

Motivational Thread May 19-25

Old 05-20-2014, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Bea,

I like your thought; unfortunately anyone who knows me knows that I prefer chips and such -- but I'll try to come up with my own reasons for eating and not mention dieting! Maybe that would work.

I am transitioning to a new workplace soon, too, where I won't be around those who know me as much! Thanks for the advice. I will truly use it!

Jenn: I've been on birth control forever (and haven't really had a period in a few years due to it) so I just empathize with those that deal with it. I'm actually coming off my birth control in July and I have NO IDEA how that will go. Ugh! lol.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - I completely understand how you feel....having to explain your food choices. People should just focus on themselves and not question others about food choices. When you say 'turbo' to you mean BeachBody TurboJam or TurboFire...or something else?

Bea - The bitch will be gone before you know it and will most likely take the excess 6 pounds with her

Jenai - Another good source of non-meat protein is Greek yogurt. My breakfast (almost daily!) is plain non-fat yogurt mixed with frozen berries. The berries semi-freeze the yogurt...so yummy! Beans are calorie dense yes, but they are also nutrient dense so don't shy away from them as a protein source. what you can do is keep the rest of the meal lower cal and lower carb to balance out the cals and carbs in the beans. I just had 2 yummy wraps for my lunch. I mixed chick peas, tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, green pepper and a little Greek salad dressing and used collard greens in place of a flour tortilla for the wrap. Yummy, nutritious, low cal, low carb, high protein. Give it a try!

Jenn - Good job planning an alternate indoor exercise rather than letting the rain be an excuse to skip exercise all together!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, thanks for the recommendations. I will try not to look at beans in a bad way, because you are right. They have so many nutrients and fiber along with the protein. I can't stand Greek yogurt, though. lol I know it's the big thing right now, but I tried it once and was like...gross!

Terri, In addition to the Greek yogurt Debbie recommended, I also can't stand fish (except for tuna from a can). But I do like your reminder of eggs (which I love) and I never knew that cottage cheese was high in protein. You can even make an omelet by mixing both the cottage cheese and eggs together along with some good veggies. Good idea! Thanks!

Finished my Slim in 6 workout for the day. Still only made it half way but today I didn't take a break at the quarter point. That's an improvement and I'll take it! It's a really good workout. Next week maybe I'll go to the 2nd half which is using the resistance bands. Sounds scary and difficult!!! lol
Old 05-20-2014, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Day 2 successful! Water, walk, green tea and homemade lunch. And thanks guys for the food tips. Greek yogurt and frozen berries, yummy!

Now that I am getting back into the swing I plan to go to the gym tomorrow and do weights. It's so easy to stray!

Here's to the rest of the week. Keep it up!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

It is hard for me to work on one project at a time and I saw a program on adult A D D. I think that that is my problem. I am trying to complete projects already started and organize my life. Today I worked on the finishing touches of a quilt and in another day I should have it done. My day went well.

6 glasses of water M-Y T-Y
exercise 3x
3 fruits and 3 veg M-Y T-Y
keep calories under 1100 M-Y T-Y
lose 1 pound
Old 05-20-2014, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Ready for another awesome day...a day to work towards our goals!?!

Jenai
- Since you don't like Greek yogurt (what's not to like! LOL!) you may not like tofu or tempeh...although they are both a good source of vegetarian protein.

Libby - Feels good to wrap up unfinished projects. Great job getting organized and staying focused!

Robin - I agree it's so easy to stray! But with a little motivation and dedication, it can be just as easy to get back on track (at least that's what I'm telling myself )

Have a great day everyone...make it count!
Old 05-21-2014, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Jenai[/B] - Since you don't like Greek yogurt (what's not to like! LOL!) you may not like tofu or tempeh...although they are both a good source of vegetarian protein.
Debbie, I don't like the sharp, sour taste of the Greek yogurt. I love love regular yogurt. Why do you think I wouldn't like tofu if I don't like Greek yogurt? I've never had tofu before, but I've wanted to try it.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

I forgot to mention, I signed up for the Beachbody Challenge. You put in your start weight and measurements, decide on your finish date then send them your before and after photos, and end measurements and weight. I put my finish (although you are never really finished since it's a lifetime thing) at January 2015. After I did that I regretted it because I don't think that's enough time. But if I keep up with the Beachbody exercise programs (after Slim in 6 I'm thinking about P90), watch my calories, etc. then maybe I can look way better and get close to my end goal. If they choose your photo and people vote for you, you can win up to $100k! So I have a long term goal, now I need to break it up into mini goals.

My mini goal is to workout every day this week except Sunday...the program is gracious enough to give you 1 day off a week. lol I'm sore today though!!! My legs feel stiff, and my upper body is reeeeaaaaally sore. The backs of my arms are aching, along with my sides/back under the back of my rib cage. I'm moving things that haven't been moved in a gazillion years. But I guess the aching means it's doing something and working, right?
Old 05-21-2014, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Debbie, I don't like the sharp, sour taste of the Greek yogurt. I love love regular yogurt. Why do you think I wouldn't like tofu if I don't like Greek yogurt? I've never had tofu before, but I've wanted to try it.
I was thinking you may not like yogurt because of the texture (this is why my husband doesn't like it). There are different types of tofu...I personally like extra firm. I like it in a stir fry with lots of veggies and a sesame stir fry sauce. You can also buy dessert tofu that's soft and creamy and usually fruit flavoured. I'm personally not a fan of the dessert tofu.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
I forgot to mention, I signed up for the Beachbody Challenge. You put in your start weight and measurements, decide on your finish date then send them your before and after photos, and end measurements and weight. I put my finish (although you are never really finished since it's a lifetime thing) at January 2015. After I did that I regretted it because I don't think that's enough time. But if I keep up with the Beachbody exercise programs (after Slim in 6 I'm thinking about P90), watch my calories, etc. then maybe I can look way better and get close to my end goal. If they choose your photo and people vote for you, you can win up to $100k! So I have a long term goal, now I need to break it up into mini goals.

My mini goal is to workout every day this week except Sunday...the program is gracious enough to give you 1 day off a week. lol I'm sore today though!!! My legs feel stiff, and my upper body is reeeeaaaaally sore. The backs of my arms are aching, along with my sides/back under the back of my rib cage. I'm moving things that haven't been moved in a gazillion years. But I guess the aching means it's doing something and working, right?
That's so exciting!! If you keep up the exercise, the soreness will go away....give it about a week. After that, if you regularly exercise, you shouldn't get sore unless you switch things up and try something new or up your weights. I find if I stray from exercise for even a 4-5 days, I'm sore when I get back at it. I'll be here cheering you on to get as close to your goal as possible!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.