FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10928-motivational-thread-starting-4-28-14-spring-here-yes.html)

lildebbieg 04-29-2014 03:25 AM

Hi all! :) Off to another good start today. Even though the scale was up today, I feel optomistic that I'll bust through this plateau this week! I feel the 'yes' burning inside...I got my mojo back! :p

http://toneitup.com/wp-content/uploa...INI-SEREIS.jpg

Mern 04-29-2014 06:54 AM

Debbie, thanks for continuing to inspire us with your dedication, motivation, and support. Way to go on the optimism over losing that teeny little regain!

I got in a 20 minute brisk walk with great-granddaughter in the stroller. She doesn't seem to understand stroller rides--she carries a look as if shes's wondering "whose houses and yards are these and why am I supposed to look at them?" She loves her backyard swing at my house and messing around in our yard, though--touching grass and leaves and holding flowers...those things bring her smiles and giggles. :)

01gt4.6 04-29-2014 08:35 AM

How's everyone doing???? I'm going to try to catch up this week on everyone.

Kumochi 04-29-2014 09:12 AM

Is Spring bringing us all back - or out of the snow? So far so good although I don't have dinner planned. Likely a salad and maybe some Tuna salad with it - or egg salad. Wasted a few calories at noon but still have enough for supper. Funny how my taste buds are changing for the better.

keep working everyone. lets end the month and start May on a good note.

libby116 04-29-2014 09:25 AM

My calories were good today but the exercise didn't work. I could not walk for more than 5 minutes with out pain.

Goals for the week
Exercise: starting with 10 min. M-15 min. T-5min.
Calories: under 1200 M-Y T-Y
More fruit and veg M-Y T-Y
Lose 1 pound

I don't know if I can lose weight with out exercise.

lildebbieg 04-29-2014 12:41 PM

Wrapping up another day on track and focused. I got in my workouts (I even tried some yoga which is new for me!) and stayed on track with food. I can't believe there's only Wednesday and Thursday left to make a dent in this plateau....only 2 days! I'm still hopeful I'll break past 119 lbs.! :rolleyes:

sfdonovan 04-29-2014 01:13 PM

Completed an hour of Les Mills Body Pump at the gym. My arms felt like noodles. Ate just over 2000 calories today so doing good, but it's only 8:00 PM :eek:

JediMindTricks 04-29-2014 02:20 PM

Debbie, so glad you got your mojo back and are ready to kick some butt!

Libby, I'm sure you've said, but maybe I missed it...what is causing you so much pain? I get things mixed up sometimes...are you the one with the sore foot? Have you had things looked at by a dr.?

I tried a 2nd go at day 1 of my 21 Day Fix program today. This morning ended on a bad note. This afternoon was much better...didn't get the dizzy, nauseous feeling (thankfully!), but I still didn't complete the video. But all together today I got in 26 minutes, and I'm good with that. If it takes me 2 workouts a day to get in my 30, then that's the way it will have to be for a while.

I had to use the modifier on every exercise. I'm just not up to the speed and movements they do on the full exercises. And one exercise, even with the modifier, I couldn't do at all, so I marched in place with high knees and got my thighs burning.

I'll give you my opinions on the different workouts as I do them. You're supposed to do a different one each day, but I'm thinking I'm going to stay on Total Body Cardio Fix until I can do it. I'm so uncoordinated and klutzy that I feel like I really need to learn the moves and exercises before moving on. So I'll let you know how it goes.

A little high on calories today. I made the mistake of eating real pasta with an oh-so-delicious but super fattening home made alfredo sauce. Bad news on my log. I'm still way under my bmr though, and so I'm satisfied with that. Especially coming off last week's disaster!

adyndravo1 04-29-2014 04:57 PM

:)had t work today so the feet are a little sore. I am having nerve damage in my feet and lower legs especialy on the left. I burned that foot several years ago and have problems with circulation now. Other then having to work had a good day. I managed to stay right at my calorie level today. I got most of my water in.
Jenai it seems that several of us have the old dvd vcr combos. I have a few vcr tapes that I don't think I can get on dvd. Like the French 1945 Beauty and the Beast.
Mern I am with you on the quote. I t sounds like owrk so is probable true. The weather in southeast Idaho is one of the hardest places in the states to predict the weather. It can change so fast
I did well today It sounds like all of us did, Yeah for us:cool:

Goals this week
post everyday m-y,t-y
log food m-y,t-y,
water m-y, t-y,
exercise m-y, t-work

Nyda

lildebbieg 04-30-2014 01:38 AM

Good morning all! I'm off to another good start today. I'm geared up for a 5km run and later I'm planning a little more cardio with some strength training. I just joined an online 8 week challenge that goes until the first day of summer. The workouts are a little less intense than I'm used to, but I felt the need for a change. Maybe this is what I need to move past the plateau?!?! Change can be good right! :p

Jenai - Speaking of less intense workouts, if you're feeling nauseous and dizzy during a workout it may be that you're not quite ready for that type of workout. Why not try something a little different in the meantime and work your way up to 21 Day Fix? This way you can build your strength and avoid injuries...not to mention feel less discouraged. I found a couple of playlists for you on youtube that you (or anyone else) may be interested in trying. They're full length workouts and completely free by Jessica Smith and Fitness Blender. Both channels have a HUGE variety of workouts, so if the links I put up aren't of interest, check out their other stuff too....they just might have what you're looking for!

Walking Workouts by Jessica Smith
Beginner Workouts by Jessica Smith
10 Minutes or Less by FitnessBlenderLow Impact Cardio/Beginner Toning Workouts by FitnessBlender

This one may be good for you Libby while you give your foot a chance to heal, Chair Workouts by Jessica Smith

Exercise makes a huge difference when trying to gain and maintain health. Exercise not only helps control weight, but it also helps to combat health conditions and disease. Just check out the benefits!
  • Boosts HDL "good" cholesterol
  • Decreases unhealthy triglycerides
  • Keeps blood flowing which reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
  • Can help prevent or manage stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression and arthritis
  • Improves mood...can help you blow off steam after a stressful day
  • Boosts energy by delivering oxygen and nutrients to help the cardiovascular system work more efficiently
  • Promotes better sleep

Can you tell I'm passionate about exercise ;) Hope everyone has an awesome and productive day!