FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread April 21-27 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10892-motivational-thread-april-21-27-a.html)

jjrudd 04-21-2014 01:00 AM

Motivational Thread April 21-27

Good morning everyone. Going to be a warm day in Ontario.
Ate too much yesterday so will go easier today!

GOALS
1. Eat within carb limit
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min
3. 4 servings fruits and veggies
4. 6 glasses of water

TO-DO LIST
1. Phone for junk removal
2. Write--journal or blog 3X
3. Finish raking back lawn
4. Write out questions for dietician on Fri, print out food journal

Jenn

JediMindTricks 04-21-2014 01:54 AM

Hi, all. Hope you had a nice Easter weekend. It will be a difficult week for me. I made the big mistake of having Panda Express last night. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now. My scale does NOT like me today.

On Friday my hubby is taking me to lunch at Outback. I'll weigh in before I go. lol Also, although I told them not to, my parents brought over a cake yesterday. I only had one piece, but that just really added a lot to my calorie count for the day.

I thought my goal for the week would be to say goodbye to the 250's, but it looks more like I just need to get rid of all the sodium and weight gain from the weekend. I will reluctantly be happy with a break even week. I will have to try to be very careful the rest of the week. It seems like when I hit a bump in the road, though, I fall apart. I guess another goal would be to keep myself together.

Mern 04-21-2014 02:09 AM

I have been just horrible about exercise lately. Taking Jenn's goals as a hint, I'm going to try to exercise at least 4 times this week or a total of 120 minutes any way I can get myself to do it. Also minimum 48 oz. water--and eat on plan, of course.

Jenn, hi. Thanks for starting us off. Wishing you a very lovely day.
How are you feeling? Still trying to go without the blood sugar meds? When is your next appt. with the dietician? Best wishes on your goals.

Jenai, oh, how I love Chinese food! But like you, I pay dearly for the sodium content. I'll bet you can rid yourself of the excess water by Friday. I made a no-bake blueberry cheesecake for Easter and it was carby and so delicious. DH finished the last piece this morning, so no more temptation. He offered me half and I had the fortitude to decline.

sfdonovan 04-21-2014 02:57 AM

Looking forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays workouts. Keeping my intake at 2500 calories. Should not have ate that other 12 ozs of roasted pork loin Sunday. Could have saved it and had it with a salad today for lunch. That will learn me.:(

jjrudd 04-21-2014 03:44 AM

Hi Mern. Feeling better. Well...right now I'm not taking any meds until I see the Dr the next time. My appointment is Fri morning.
Got most of the rest of the back lawn raked. Looks much better but I will definetely be feeling it tomorrow!
Jenn

Mern 04-21-2014 04:47 AM

SF best wishes this week. I love pork loin and it would have better than the sodium laden ham I had yesterday.

Jenn, glad you're feeling better. Glad to learn your appointment is Friday morning. Kudos on the lawn raking exercise.

Surprise! I actually did a mile of aerobic walking since my last post. Will do another mile later today.

jjrudd 04-21-2014 02:07 PM

GOALS
1. Eat within carb limit yes
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min MOST DEFINETELY
3. 4 servings fruits and veggies 3
4. 6 glasses of water yes Had 2 when I came in from raking!!

TO-DO LIST
1. Phone for junk removal
2. Write--journal or blog 3X yes
3. Finish raking back lawn almost
4. Write out questions for dietician on Fri, print out food journal

Jenn

adyndravo1 04-21-2014 03:55 PM

Hi all. Had 5 days off in a row and though I wanted to get some yeard work done I got sick on saturday. I did manage to get the plants all out to the green house they are doing much better.
I cut a big bowl full of mixed greens. The purple bok choy is very tender and and mellow compared to the it's big cousin (white stalks) you see in the grocery.
I had to work today and was in a off mood. bought stuff I should not have. I will have to be good the next 2 days I have no more money.
Goals for the week
drink lots of water-m-y
post here m-y
log all my food m-y

have a great tuesday. Nyda

JediMindTricks 04-21-2014 04:40 PM

Jenn, glad you are feeling better. :)

Mern, good job on the exercise today!

I'm doing terribly. It seems that when I get off track a little bit, next thing I know I'm off track completely. Didn't feel good from all the Chinese food I ate last night. But I still started off my day with a soda. And another one in the afternoon. DH asked if I wanted him to bring something home for dinner...what? No cooking?? Heck yeah! He brought home a bakery ready to bake pizza (which btw was actually really good). Then for my birthday he brought me a mini cheesecake and a Symphony bar. As you can see, it's not been a good couple of days at all. Oh, and on Friday I'm getting a belated birthday lunch date with DH to Outback. I'm thinking this week will be a gain. :(

I have a phone consultation with my life coach tomorrow morning. Interested to see where that goes.

Kumochi 04-22-2014 02:35 AM

Back from the weekend and ready to lose. Ate too much chocolate but was good about avoiding salt. I'll know whether there was any real gain once I'm back on track tomorrow. Accidentally went for a long walk as my grandkids convinced me the 4 year old bikes to the park all the time with her mom and 8 year old brother. Found out later this was her first time going that far. I guess I should be happy she didn't quit. About a 2.5 K walk round trip and a bit faster than I normally go due to the kids on bikes.

Plan to be strict for the next month as I would like to be down 10 pounds by the end of May. I have been reading about the effect of weight loss on mobility. More incentive to lose.

JediMindTricks 04-22-2014 04:53 AM

Wow, Mary...long walk! Good job in staying away from too much sodium on Easter. That's not an easy trick.

I just had a phone consultation with a life coach, and we discussed my all or nothing mentality when it comes to losing weight. I get on a roller coaster and I'm easily derailed by small things. If you are interested in hearing about the technique he's having me try to combat negative thinking about weight loss, just PM me.

I will have 3 bad days for sure this week due to take out, my actual birthday, and my birthday lunch coming up. Knowing that, it's hard for me to stay on track the other 4. I get the thinking of "why bother". I think I'm resigned to the fact that I may gain a lb or two this week, if not in actual weight then from all the restaurant food and sodium. So I'm trying not to be too hard on myself and thinking about what I have accomplished since January and that one off week won't take that all away.

Hope everyone else has a good day!

jjrudd 04-22-2014 09:43 AM

Have to keep a food journal for 3 days for my appointment on Fri. Overall not a bad day except I had a muffin for breakfast which means I will be over on carbs. It does make me more mindful of what I am eating.
Did get some exercise in today--probably about half.

Jenn

beccafries 04-22-2014 11:29 AM

HI All... I had way too much fun last few days...gotta get back on the grind today... Hope everyone had a nice holiday as well :)

adyndravo1 04-23-2014 04:21 AM

hello to all. Last night was ot as bad as the night before. I help last night. Iwas not nearly as tired as the day before. I know I used up a few caloires in the hour it took to clean have the freezer floor last ight. My arms and shoulders feel it today. I have not been in top shape this past 2 weeks,but I am feeling better and not so down.
I woke up this morning about 7 am and it was snowing. I had to put shoes on and a coat and go out and make sure the heater was running in the green house. Everything looked fine through the window inthe door and the heater was running. Now the sun isi shinning and it is melting.

Gosls this week
drink lots of water m-y, t-y
log everything eaten m-y, t-y,
post everyday here m-y, t-n

have a great Wednesday everyone Nyda

jjrudd 04-23-2014 05:01 AM

Homemade turkey soup (to use up the leftovers) and greek salad for lunch (leftover from last night). Definetely getting my veggies in!!
Too cold to do any yardwork this aft. Maybe I'll do a little on the Wii.

Jenn

jjrudd 04-23-2014 05:01 AM

P.S. it's quiet this week

JediMindTricks 04-23-2014 07:36 AM

I'm still just riding out the week. Not going out of my way to eat great, and not indulging in everything either. I know it's an off week for me. I'm not going to beat myself up for it. I'm still looking forward to lunch with my dh Friday, and I plan on having some of everything. lol. Well, maybe not dessert. We're going to Outback and their bread is the bomb, I am nuts for the Bloomin' Onion, the Caesar salad is the best, and their steaks are always perfect. I am working on my "all or nothing" mentality by cutting myself some slack this week since I had so many celebrations between Easter and my birthday. I plan on starting fresh Saturday with counting and everything. Oh, and my 21 Day Fix workout program is supposed to be delivered Thursday, so I've got that to look forward to as well.

sfdonovan 04-23-2014 08:41 AM

Just left a retirement party early before they cut the cake. Dodged a bullet. :p

lildebbieg 04-24-2014 01:01 AM

Hi all :) I see I'm not the only one who hasn't posted this week. Wow! Where did everyone go? There's more spam posted on this site than people!

So I'm still struggling but doing my best to get things back on track. I also see I'm not the only one who is struggling. It seems the Easter weekend was enjoyed by all :p

Have a great day everyone!

gypsyjoy 04-24-2014 04:08 AM

Hi,
I am not much of a poster but wanted to thank you for this thread. Your posts truly are motivational. I find weight loss to be so difficult and it is encouraging to know that I am not alone in my struggle. Your goals are often my goals; eat on plan, more water, exercise!

I have tried to lose weight many, many times on many different diets. I wasn't losing eating 1200 calories and keeping my carbs under 30 so I am now trying hCG and hope that it will give me a kick start in the right direction.

Kumochi 04-24-2014 04:10 AM

I'm checking in and journaling Just not much to report. I want to lose 10 pounds over the next 5 weeks. It's do-able but will require more work than I've been putting in. I need to get back to the Y.

jjrudd 04-24-2014 08:13 AM

Another half an hour of raking today. Garden in the back is starting to look better. 45 mins exercise today since I had a walk this morning too! WOO HOO :D I might even make it up to my goal this week for exercise!!
Jenn

lildebbieg 04-24-2014 08:53 AM

Hi all! I've had a good day. Food is in check and did my regular interval workout plus added in some time on the elliptical. I hope to get the scale moving again...I've been stuck here for too long! :eek: I know my problem is wine...too many calories and when I have some on the weekend, I seem to get too lax with my diet as well. Gotta lay off the wine completely...at least for a few weeks! ;)

Mary - Great job setting a short term goal! I too need to put in more effort than I have been.

Jenn
- That's awesome that you got in some activity today! Keep it up!

lildebbieg 04-25-2014 12:09 AM

Good morning all! Well my weigh in went better than I feared. I'm down 1 lb. from last week...but still in this damn plateau! It's been 14 weeks now that I've hung around the same weight range. Going into the weekend, I need to stay extremely focused and determined. I plan on tracking every single bite.....maybe that will help me stay more focused? I'm going for dinner tonight with some friends, but I've already picked what I'll have and will track it. I'm also going out for dinner with the family tomorrow night. Luckily both restaurants I'm going to have the nutritional information online so at least I know how many calories I'm eating. Man the weekends are tough....I know I'm not alone on that one! ;)

Plateau be gone!!! Wish me luck! :rolleyes:

dmartz 04-25-2014 12:28 AM

Birthday Greetings

Just dropped into extend some birthday greetings -

Happy Birthday Jenai! I too have an all or nothing attitude - The technique that finally worked for me was two fold: Finally deciding that I wasn't going to quit until I lost All the weight, and the old cliche': Taking one day at a time. Today's a new day, and for you, a new year (Yeah!) and a new opportunity to break the old habits and form new healthy ones.

Happy Birthday Hope! (The 26th?) No poem, just wishing you the best in the coming year.

- Donna
(Over 18 months in maintenance!)

JediMindTricks 04-25-2014 02:05 AM

Donna, thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

Well, folks. It happened. My black and white, all or nothing thinking took over. It's a "nothing" week. I've not been binging, but close. I'm not constantly stuffing my face and feelings, but I'm also not saying "no" to anything. I'm afraid to get on the scale. When I do my grocery shopping this weekend it's back to good foods. I'd start sooner, but my a large portion of my grocery money this week went to fund school projects and I've got no money for good dinners or lunches (or snacks for that matter).

I'll be glad when this week is over. My double chin feels like 4 chins, I'm bloated and unhappy. :(

Kumochi 04-25-2014 04:38 AM

Happy Birthday to Jenai and Hope.. Donna - thanks for dropping in and reminding us that it can be done. 18 months maintenance is great. One thing I have learned is I need to stay here to maintain.

Jenai - the all or nothing attitude is hard. You are fighting it by not quitting.

I am trying to stop my too many exceptions attitude. It gets frustrating to work hard to lose and then blow it because of a party, vacation, Easter, etc, etc, etc. I'm going to a friend's home after work and there will be wine. I need to avoid the snacks she will offer as a glass of wine is not that damaging, 4-5 snacks are. I have been working on this lately and it does get easier especially if you make the focus something other than food.

Good luck to all this weekend. I will be checking in and working on losing this weekend.

adyndravo1 04-25-2014 06:26 PM

Hello all. I have had a bad day. The hot water line to the washer is leaking again ,badly. Need to dump the bowl and put it back befroe going to bed. Then to top the day off the washer quit working, it won't go into the rinse cycle. It was used when we bought it and have fixed it twice. So there goes our trip to Salt Lake for the quilt show and shopping. I was really llokinig forward to it.
THe dression it a low this last week. Had to go see my Doctor today and get back on antidressants. Thank goodness I have a cheap doctor. Still spent money I really didn't have to spend. It just has not been my week. I know when I get depressed I have no energy and and I crave junk food. I made a good super to night and I will wieght in the morning and as the drugs kick in I will be able to stay on track better. HOpe soon no more wanting to cry all the time.
I keep cutting those greens in my greenhouse.
To bad so many of us are having bad weeks. Happy BIrthday to all. And we will get through this I know we can, and we will.:cool:

Kathy13118 04-25-2014 07:17 PM

Spring is right around the corner. Things will get better!

Kumochi 04-26-2014 01:40 AM

Recognizing when you need to see your Dr and get on meds is a good step. This will pass. That is hard to remember when you are depressed.

Have a good weekend everyone. I need to figure out a way to keep busy without going out in public. I had a couple spots removed from my face yesterday and have a stitch on each cheek. Can't decide whether bandaids look better than the stitches. I'm busy researching how to minimize the scars.

lildebbieg 04-26-2014 05:11 AM

MAry - Give Mederma a try. We used it on my daughters eye when she was cut from her eyeglasses. It actually worked!

JediMindTricks 04-26-2014 10:27 AM

Nyda, so sorry you're having a rough time. Hopefully the meds will kick and quickly make a difference for you. hang in there.

Mary, vitamin E cream? I think I've heard that before.

I'm ready to be back to my "good" self and stop eating junk. omg, one week of being off track and I feel hoooorrrrible. Mentally, emotionally AND physically. I'm afraid to step on the scale. maybe I'll wait until next Friday.

Kumochi 04-27-2014 01:22 AM

Thanks I"ll research Mederma. Right now I'm doing the antibiotic ointment and bandaid routine. Once the stitches are out I'll use vitamin E etc. Only 2 stitches per cheek but I want them to heal well.

I over ate yesterday. Not sure if I was hungry out of boredom or what was going on. I think I'll go out today = bandaids and all. The sun is shining.

libby116 04-27-2014 01:50 AM

I am ready to crawl out of the pitty pit and try again.
I am 60 and yes it was traumatic............. but consider the alternative.
I miss my dog terribly.............. but she is free from pain and at peace.
My foot still hurts..................... but it will get better.
I lost my ride to guild.............. but I can still sew at home.
Life goes on and my attitude is a choice. I could dwell on the negative or find the good in each situation and be grateful for what these life lessons have taught me. Let's make it a Good day.
Thank you to all my friends on this site for your concern and encouragement.
I plan to make some progress in May.

canary52 04-27-2014 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 107728)
Just dropped into extend some birthday greetings -

Happy Birthday Jenai! I too have an all or nothing attitude - The technique that finally worked for me was two fold: Finally deciding that I wasn't going to quit until I lost All the weight, and the old cliche': Taking one day at a time. Today's a new day, and for you, a new year (Yeah!) and a new opportunity to break the old habits and form new healthy ones.

Happy Birthday Hope! (The 26th?) No poem, just wishing you the best in the coming year.

- Donna
(Over 18 months in maintenance!)

Thank you, Donna!!! No poem necessary!!! Greetings much appreciated!!! And now that I have celebrated (though there are more to go; DH next week) I am thinking of coming back, lost sheep that I am. I am certainly "fluffier," I'll tell you that!!!

Thank you for your good wishes, Mary!!! So glad you came back.

Libby, so sorry to hear you've been going through a hard time but you are inspirational!!! Believe me, your message spoke to me and I'll bet it did to others too!!!

Mern, hi!!!! How are ya, mama?

Birthday shout out to Jenai. I don't think we "met."

Everyone, sorry I am not covering everyone - yet- but I am sending love to all. Missed you guys!!!

Just a little observation. I logged the food I ate already today (it is before 1pm here) and I was shocked SHOCKED at the calorie count. Might be time to climb aboard that ol' wagon and start planning meals again!!

lildebbieg 04-27-2014 07:48 AM

Welcome back Hope!!! Glad to see you back!

canary52 04-27-2014 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by lildebbieg (Post 107766)
Welcome back Hope!!! Glad to see you back!

Thank you, Debbie!!! Glad to be back!!! How are you?

JediMindTricks 04-28-2014 08:59 AM

hello, everyone. I've been gone for about a week, week and a half. I completely fell off the wagon. I was trying really hard not use my all or nothing mentality, but it got the better of me and the "nothing" in that phrase won out. I have gained 3.5 lbs since the Friday before the one that just passed. Ouch.:(

Trying today to start anew. I think I might have some cravings from my binge last week, so I'm going to say that my goal this week is to eat under 1500 cal/day. My 21 Day Fix program also came in, and I haven't started it yet, although I did get it out of the box. :rolleyes: That means my next goal is to get started. I don't know what my hang up is about starting that. I feel like I would really like it, and I know it would be super good for me, but for some reason I'm backing away from it. I don't know what that's all about. Third goal is no more than 2 sugared sodas all week.

1. Less than 1500cal/day
2. Start 21 Day Fix
3. Max 2 sugared sodas all week.

Hope, nice to meet you.