Motivational Thread April 7 - April 13 >

Motivational Thread April 7 - April 13

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread April 7 - April 13

Old 04-08-2014, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
The calories add up so quickly. I wanted a snack tonight but after supper I was already up to my limit. I need to watch my calories more closely. It has been a busy day but I did get an afternoon nap. I hope every one had a good day.
One of my favourite snacks is air popped popcorn! I top it with a spray of olive oil, a little salt, pepper, onion powder, dill weed and grated parmesan cheese. 2 tbsp. of kernels makes a nice size snack and with the toppings, comes in at just over 100 calories! The added toppings make it so flavourful that this little snack satisfies my salty crunchy craving.

Last edited by lildebbieg; 04-08-2014 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

The popcorn sounds really good. I will try it on the week end.
Goals for the week
6 glasses of water: M-Y
exercise 3X:
3 fruits 3 veg: M-Y
lose 5 pounds:
finish 1 project:
Old 04-08-2014, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS for the week
1. Keep to carb limit yes
2. 4 servings of fruits and veggies (close with 3)
3. 6 glasses of water yes
Easy enough during the week but on the weekend I seem to do poorly on it.
4. Exercise 4X 30min no too sore
5. Snacking is ok as long as it's veggies or fruit

Personal goals
1. Finish raking back lawn (behind tree)
rained yesterday and still wet
2. write no

Jenn
Old 04-08-2014, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, that's a lot of calories to burn! You're going to have one heck of a workout.

Today I need to stay somewhere in the same hemisphere as my calorie target range (1200-1400) because yesterday was light years away from that goal. I don't know what my problem is this week. I'm going to blame it on my period. I do crazy things at that time.

Last night I made a lighter dinner though. I made home made sloppy joe sauce and put in ground turkey instead of beef. Not only is the turkey healthier, but I got about a lb more for a couple bucks less than beef. Nobody noticed, and ate it up. I should have had it on a HG bread, but I figured I had already gone so far over last night that the delicious looking onion bun in front of me wouldn't make a difference. I know that's the wrong mindset.

That's my second goal for the day come to think of it. I'll change my mindset and make one good decision at a time, one after the other. And If I stumble, I'll shake off the one bad decision, not derail and make the next one a good one.

I'll check back in a little later.

Non Weight Loss Goal is to mop the kitchen floor.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

It's RAINING!! Not snow! YAYY

I am so grateful I found this place! The food journal and a kitchen scale seem to be the secret! I was looking over the weight report, it is so hard to believe on Feb 28th I was 333.something and today April 8th I am 310.2 I am sooo close to being in the 2's!!

In Jan my BMI was 66.7
Today- TADA..... 58.6

I am so excited and so motivated... I got over that 10 day or so plateau and I'm just excited to keep going... I could potentially see the 1's by Christmas......... how insane is that!!!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome job Bea. Keep up the enthusiasm.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, your popcorn does sound good. I've been thinking one of these days I'll get an air popper.

Bea, that's fantastic about what you are accomplishing? Is there a way to track where your BMI started and where it's at now? Or do you just have to write it down and remember? I never wrote down where I started, and I'd like to see how far I've come too.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

This link may get removed. This doesn't track it, but you can put your starting weight and height and calculate, then change the weight to current and calculate again.

It's not a competing site, so if I am breaking forum policy please let me know

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

Bea
Old 04-08-2014, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Bea - You're progress has been astounding!!! I'm so excited for you to get into the 2's!!!

Jenai - You can see your BMI right here on Fitday! In the 'Weight' tab where you enter your current weight, you also get your current BMI number. If you simply change the weight to your starting weight, you'kll see the BMI you started at. And yes, 700 calories is a lot to burn in 1 day, but keeping my cals under 1200 and burning 500-700 cals a day I'm lucky to lose 1 lb. per week....some weeks I even have a little gain. Probably because I'm close to goal....it's getting harder?

I'll check back later
Old 04-08-2014, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah Debbie, it really has slowed down.

Goals:
1) drink a lot of water so so
2) workout 3 times no
3) lose 2 pounds my scale is acting stupid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.